UCF - Your 2017 National Champions!!!! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UCF - Your 2017 National Champions!!!!

This is a good warning to Notre Dame . If you play a weak enough schedule to go undefeated, your SOS will be too low and nope, your not getting in the playoffs. And, if you play a very difficult schedule and lose 1 game you will not get in over conference champions or 1 loss teams from ACC, SEC, B1G. Recruits should understand that ND is just an anachronism and not part of the modern era of college football.

ND doesn't need that warning. They play a brutal schedule every season. If anything, they are an example of a team that over-schedules and makes life unnecessarily hard on themselves.

ND doesn't need that warning. They play a brutal schedule every season. If anything, they are an example of a team that over-schedules and makes life unnecessarily hard on themselves.
I inserted this into the thread because I'm sure there are ND fans lurking about because they're playing the Orange today. But what I said is true 1 loss and 99 times out of a hundred they will not get a whiff. So, if that is how that want to be viewed by the highest level recruits, stay as an indy. When their recruiting takes a hit, they will beg to join the ACC.

Also, if a G5 team wants a shot at the playoffs, they should play all their OOC games against mid to upper level P5 teams.

The playoff system is better than the BCS and previous ways of determining a champion but it still isn't fair to teams in lesser conferences, 8/12/16 teams would be better.

UCF is THE National Champion!
Love this:

“Note: Penn State is ineligible for our poll due to their administration, athletic department, and head football coach not taking action to stop a known child sex offender from abusing children for many year”

I inserted this into the thread because I'm sure there are ND fans lurking about because they're playing the Orange today. But what I said is true 1 loss and 99 times out of a hundred they will not get a whiff. So, if that is how that want to be viewed by the highest level recruits, stay as an indy. When their recruiting takes a hit, they will beg to join the ACC.

A one loss ND gets in more often than not with the schedule they’ve had. It’s a bit of conjecture but closer to truth than 1 outta 99

you will never have a 16 team tournament in Division I college football. Would take a month to play and make the college football season longer than the NFL. And don't say shorten the regular season because these college (especially the big boys with big stadiums that sell them out for each home game and don't want to give up the random home game vs the Mercer's of the world) isn't going to give up home games where they rake in the cash that bankroll their entire Athletic Department budget off of their home football schedule each year. It's just never going to happen. Ever!!

What's "laughable" is you stating as a 'matter of fact' that if there was a 16 team playoff, UCF doesn't get in. Any persuasive argument you're attempting to make, gets shot down and ends right there.

Interesting how FCS has a legitimate playoff whereas FBS doesn't. And, it has absolutely nothing to do with the "take a month" to play it and is 100% about the $$$$ and the rich staying and getting richer. Moreover, you mention that it would take a month to play it, etc., and at the same time completely disregard the month layoff between when the last time a Clemson, 'Bama, etc. plays their last game prior to meeting up in the playoff. As Alsacs, and maybe others have mentioned, you can easily go to the FCS format and have a 16 team playoff without the alleged concerns of playing "too many" games at the college level. If it doesn't, it again has nothing to do with what you allude, but again, 100% about the $$$$ and the keeping the $$$$ within the $$$$ conferences.

But what I said is true 1 loss and 99 times out of a hundred they will not get a whiff.

This year before they lost to Miami, 8-1 Notre Dame was third in the CFP rankings.

In 2015 before their second loss, 9-1 Notre Dame was fourth in the CFP rankings.

You say 99 times out of 100 they will not get a whiff, but I gave you two examples in the past three seasons where they got a huge whiff with one loss and blew it by losing a second time.

This is such a bizarre thread.

A one loss ND gets in more often than not with the schedule they’ve had. It’s a bit of conjecture but closer to truth than 1 outta 99
I don't see how they would have got in this year with 1 loss as they would have had to leapfrog both OSU and Bama. The committee is about making deals and I don't see where ND will have much deal making done for them as they don't have any thing to trade.

I don't see how they would have got in this year with 1 loss as they would have had to leapfrog both OSU and Bama. The committee is about making deals and I don't see where ND will have much deal making done for them as they don't have any thing to trade.

They would’ve been ahead of a 2 loss OSU. See Eric’s post above.

The committee is about the best 4 teams. I mean if they wanted to make a deal they don’t close out the B1G.

This is a good warning to Notre Dame . If you play a weak enough schedule to go undefeated, your SOS will be too low and nope, your not getting in the playoffs. And, if you play a very difficult schedule and lose 1 game you will not get in over conference champions or 1 loss teams from ACC, SEC, B1G. Recruits should understand that ND is just an anachronism and not part of the modern era of college football.
You are kidding right? ND is the biggest TV draw in all of college sports. If they are unbeaten or 1 loss they will ALWAYS get in the College Football 4 team playoff. 10 times out of 10 they are in. They fans they travel, the TV ratings they bring, the advertising dollars to the networks because of the ratings they bring lock them in to a playoff spot any time they lose zero or 1 game.

You are kidding right? ND is the biggest TV draw in all of college sports. If they are unbeaten or 1 loss they will ALWAYS get in the College Football 4 team playoff. 10 times out of 10 they are in. They fans they travel, the TV ratings they bring, the advertising dollars to the networks because of the ratings they bring lock them in to a playoff spot any time they lose zero or 1 game.
30 years ago. The committee is made up of people with regional conference connections, not network executives.If they play a schedule with the SOS too low they will not get in.

30 years ago. The committee is made up of people with regional conference connections, not network executives.If they play a schedule with the SOS too low they will not get in.
No they are still the biggest powerhouse going today. And those regional conference connections have one thing in mind. and common..$$$$. And ND will always bring them the most money. And if you think ESPN and the TV executives have no say in this you are kidding yourself they do. They don't pay billions to not have an underlying voice on the playoff.

And ND never plays a bad schedule. Let's stop pretending they do. They have USC, Mich St, Stanford every year no matter what. That alone is good enough, then throw in the multiple ACC teams they play per that deal (which they usually get at least one of FSU, Clemson, VT, or Miami once a year) and then mix in the big OOC games they schedule like Georgia this year. ND will NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS have a bad SOS. So let's get back to reality with that.

No they are still the biggest powerhouse going today. And those regional conference connections have one thing in mind. and common..$$$$. And ND will always bring them the most money. And if you think ESPN and the TV executives have no say in this you are kidding yourself they do. They don't pay billions to not have an underlying voice on the playoff.

And ND never plays a bad schedule. Let's stop pretending they do. They have USC, Mich St, Stanford every year no matter what. That alone is good enough, then throw in the multiple ACC teams they play per that deal (which they usually get at least one of FSU, Clemson, VT, or Miami once a year) and then mix in the big OOC games they schedule like Georgia this year. ND will NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS have a bad SOS. So let's get back to reality with that.
If they went 11-1 this year, you think they would have jumped Bama. No way. Notre Dame will never get in the playoff, ever.

4 first place votes in the final AP poll...'Bama not unanimous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom