UCLA Missouri Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UCLA Missouri Syracuse

devil's advocate, there are 4-5 garbage teams in the ACC too. As per our standing whelp? But on the flip side, they got swept by the buffalos and lost to utah, and Oregon St. that's like losing to Pitt. I dunno if they lose to USC and we beat clemson, would be interesting...
SU could be one of those garbage teams this year. I wish we would sit out the NIT also.

If a win over Louisville is a Q1 then I don't see how Kentucky or Zona isn't.

Arizona as a quadrant 1 is fine. Kentucky should be closer to the edge of quadrant 1 and quadrant 2. Louisville should be quadrant 2. If L'ville is going to count as quadrant 1, then fair game.

Seriously? We're arguing that we should be in because we're less of a dumpster fire than other teams? If we're a tournament team, the tournament needs contraction.

But we beat Buffalo, Louisville and Miami!!!!!

Does anyone really think we have a team that belong in the Tournament? If so they are watching a different team than I am.

As bad as Syracuse has been this year, there are worse teams who will make the field. There teams in the top 25, that wouldn't be considered a top team in a good year for the sport. Its as wide open as you'll see. Villanova is running out of gas. Virginia is very beatable. Duke can be had on any given night.

devil's advocate, there are 4-5 garbage teams in the ACC too. As per our standing whelp? But on the flip side, they got swept by the buffalos and lost to utah, and Oregon St. that's like losing to Pitt. I dunno if they lose to USC and we beat clemson, would be interesting...

The team that really stinks in the P-12 is Cal. I don't think they could stay within 15 against Pitt. They're really, really bad. Oregon State went 6-3 at home in the P-12 including wins against Wash, UCLA and ASU. Also very nearly beat Wash on the road last night.

Kentucky really screwed things up. The SEC looks like a competent conference this year because Kentucky was vastly overrated going into the season. UK shouldn't even be ranked right now, but they are because of where they started. Counting UK as a Quadrant 1 win is going to artificially bolster a lot of SEC team resumes.

Arizona is arguably the most overrated team in college ball this year. Likewise, wins over Arizona are basically going to count more than they should.

That said, we had a favorable schedule this year and couldn't manage to sweep the bottom of the barrel ACC teams.

It's a battle of the stupids.

I dunno. I've watched UK lately and they seem to be hitting their stride.

I dunno. I've watched UK lately and they seem to be hitting their stride.

They always seem to get better at this point in the season. It's a product of their youth, I imagine.

Arizona as a quadrant 1 is fine. Kentucky should be closer to the edge of quadrant 1 and quadrant 2. Louisville should be quadrant 2. If L'ville is going to count as quadrant 1, then fair game.

Kentucky has the number 5 SOS and 15th in RPI. Why are they on the edge?

Good point but you have to look at what conference what if you finished about 500 in the mountain west

I mean seriously there are 4-5 garbage teams in the pac 12
I don't disagree, but the optics of it will always be a factor.

Plus, the ACC has bottom feeders, and we've lost to most of them. In fact, we are probably one, too.

A quarterfinal victory will be more than enough if we win tommorrow

Kentucky has the number 5 SOS and 15th in RPI. Why are they on the edge?

The better question is how in the world a team that didn't play a particularly tough OOC schedule (KU, VT, L'ville) in a low-major conference like the SEC - that often forgets it even has basketball teams - ended up with RPI and SOS numbers that high.

The better question is how in the world a team that didn't play a particularly tough OOC schedule (KU, VT, L'ville) in a low-major conference like the SEC - that often forgets it even has basketball teams - ended up with RPI and SOS numbers that high.

SEC is tied with the ACC for third in conference RPI. It’s solid. Not great but neither is the ACC this year.

NCAA College Basketball RPI Rankings (updated today)

They always seem to get better at this point in the season. It's a product of their youth, I imagine.

Coin is also a great motivator

money.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom