ucon vs SMU: a day away, but... | Syracusefan.com

ucon vs SMU: a day away, but...

pearl31

in cahoots
wish I didn't have to think about that team from storz that plays second fiddle to the girls team (let alone start a thread pertaining to them), but they're quite relevant to our bubble hopes. So, what to think about their game @ SMU...
We're essentially competing with them right now for one of the last few at-large bids, and at the same time getting juice in our "metrics" from their continued success. After losing at home to Houston they dropped back out of the rpi top 50, giving us one less top-50 win for our profile. If they win at SMU they'll vault back into the top 50 but then also move ahead of us for a tourney bid...
thoughts?

Not me.

AP_792501703307-trump.jpg

By the way, is Trump left handed? Looks like it's been getting quite a workout. :eek:

I don't see how, with our resumes being incredibly similar, they could get in over us. They need us in just like we need Pitt in.

That is a dilemma.

A lot of Syracuse's big wins are turning to poop (Notre Dame, A&M, Duke falling a bit). I say we root for these teams, including the Bonnies and yes pukon, as painful as it is to say.

Glass houses. We're on the bubble too, so poking fun at our friends in Storrs could look pretty stupid very soon.

You would think some of the creative photo-shop guys here could come up with some pretty good UConn spoof ads.

Oh yeah, UCONN!

Glass houses. We're on the bubble too, so poking fun at our friends in Storrs could look pretty stupid very soon.

Who cares. Do they really impact my life at all?. This is just sports - an escape. No problem being happy when the opponents you don't like are down.

Beginning to wonder about Ollie as a coach. I haven't really watched them much this year but they have a talented roster. I think JB with that roster could make them a legit F4 team. Daniel Hamilton is a point-forward type JB drools over. They have a shot blocker in Brimah, Purvis, Adams, etc.

Beginning to wonder about Ollie as a coach. I haven't really watched them much this year but they have a talented roster. I think JB with that roster could make them a legit F4 team. Daniel Hamilton is a point-forward type JB drools over. They have a shot blocker in Brimah, Purvis, Adams, etc.
yeah, the parts are far greater than the sum with that team - really poor chemistry

Brimah was injured for 11 games too, with him their record would probably be better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom