UConn cancels football season | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

UConn cancels football season

I can’t imagine the ACC would ever want another Florida school. Of course, no one would design a conference with four North Carolina schools either. So who knows!

SU could have played them this year and got a win.
You think more about UMass than Walt Bell
Lofty goal there??? Yikes, we have sunken far enough to even consider this...

You think more about UMass than Walt Bell
Lofty goal there??? Yikes, we have sunken far enough to even consider this...
When Liberty showed up on the schedule, I thought to myself, they really don't know what their dealing with. I then thought UMASS should be weak for a long while, a real tomato can. I now think, we couldn't possibly lose to UMASS, could we?

When Liberty showed up on the schedule, I thought to myself, they really don't know what their dealing with. I then thought UMASS should be weak for a long while, a real tomato can. I now think, we couldn't possibly lose to UMASS, could we?
Liberty has $$$$$$$$$$$
We beat UMASS no question
I admire your dying on the UMASS hill no matter what

I don't think the UConn rumor is true. I looked at FBS future schedules and they have announced this year future games with Utah St. (2 games), Buffalo (4 games), Syracuse (4 games), UNC ( 2 games), Michigan (1 game away), Liberty ( 1 game home), Ohio St. (1 game away), Wyoming (1 game home), FIU (2 games), Temple (4 games), Vandy (1 game), and Georgia St. (2 games). And, they signed a deal with CBS Sport Network in May to televise their home games.

UConn and UMass will schedule future games and they play each other in 2021, but UMass schedule is full in 2022 and they have 11 games already scheduled in 2023, and 2024. On a side note, I do think UMass football in FBS is at risk which is why I think the AD pushed hard to play this year.

I don't think the UConn rumor is true. I looked at FBS future schedules and they have announced this year future games with Utah St. (2 games), Buffalo (4 games), Syracuse (4 games), UNC ( 2 games), Michigan (1 game away), Liberty ( 1 game home), Ohio St. (1 game away), Wyoming (1 game home), FIU (2 games), Temple (4 games), Vandy (1 game), and Georgia St. (2 games). And, they signed a deal with CBS Sport Network in May to televise their home games.

UConn and UMass will schedule future games and they play each other in 2021, but UMass schedule is full in 2022 and they have 11 games already scheduled in 2023, and 2024. On a side note, I do think UMass football in FBS is at risk which is why I think the AD pushed hard to play this year.
Do you think the original post in this thread is total fraud? The '21 game was scheduled years ago.

Last edited:
Sad news.

I would prefer they keep playing and losing 80% of the time.

I would think FSU would prefer UConn - especially now - as UCF is better than FSU at the moment.

The choice would have been in 2013 when FSU thought they were clearly superior.

Me reading the thread title
tenor.gif

Do you think the original post in this thread is total fraud? The '21 game was scheduled years ago.
Yes. If the original post referred to cancelling this season and players were upset, I would agree, but I don't think they are pulling the plug on the football team.

Yes. If the original post referred to cancelling this season and players were upset, I would agree, but I don't think they are pulling the plug on the football team.
Then you might want to read the original post. Posters on the Boneyard have been saying this all along.

It ain't Philly B.
I don't know I've always considered all of Pa to be eastern with Ohio being the start of Midwest territory I think Pittsburgh folks consider themselves easterners.

Checked the boneyard and no mention.
Posters on various threads there have stated they are just waiting for the right time to announce it. UCONN football fan posters. Why aren't they plying some games this season. I think they are the only FBS team not playing this season. The players want to play and if you don't play, development ceases. The writing is on the wall Jim, has been for some time.

Liberty has $$$$$$$$$$$
We beat UMASS no question
I admire your dying on the UMASS hill no matter what
And yet an easy win and a short trip for fans all over NY/NE is not scheduled. Seems dumb to me. Syracuse is all about malthusian logic.

I just registered here to reply and yes, I'm a UConn fan. The UConn football program is remaining FBS. There are no threads discussing a rumor such as this. There may be a wingnut or two who wish that were the case, but no chance it is true.

I just registered here to reply and yes, I'm a UConn fan. The UConn football program is remaining FBS. There are no threads discussing a rumor such as this. There may be a wingnut or two who wish that were the case, but no chance it is true.
This seals the deal, stick a fork in it, Huskie football is done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom