UConn fires Kevin Ollie / hires Danny Hurley | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UConn fires Kevin Ollie / hires Danny Hurley

I think Coach Hurley can look forward to a very successful 25-year career at UCONN, highlighted by 4 National Championships. He won't make people forget Coach Calhoun, he'll remind them daily of the similarities between himself and Coach Calhoun. I believe this because I read this in the Boneyard.

Hurley will be my favorite mid major coach if he leaves both Pitt & Yukon at the altar to stay at URI.

Doubtful. But imagine the meltdowns.:rolling:

Pitt would be fine

Jesus.

Either Jim Boeheim is underpaid or every big-school college basketball coach is overpaid. Or maybe both.

How could a hoops coach at a miserable, low ceiling school like Pitt be worth $3,000,000 per year? Their faculty, staff, and students should be rioting in the streets.

Jesus.

Either Jim Boeheim is underpaid or every big-school college basketball coach is overpaid. Or maybe both.

How could a hoops coach at a miserable, low ceiling school like Pitt be worth $3,000,000 per year? Their faculty, staff, and students should be rioting in the streets.

Be thankful that JB has given us the hometown discount all these years. When he leaves and SU has to pay the market rate for a new coach, I'd expect your season tickets will cost a bit more.

Be thankful that JB has given us the hometown discount all these years. When he leaves and SU has to pay the market rate for a new coach, I'd expect your season tickets will cost a bit more.

You're gonna miss looking through the back of my giant head and being on the losing end of attendance bets.

Jesus.

Pittsburgh is paying that we have a crappy dumpster fire job so we have to overpay you tax.
UConn can’t match the money.

Pittsburgh is paying that we have a crappy dumpster fire job so we have to overpay you tax.
UConn can’t match the money.

UCONN was paying Ollie 3 mil.

Pitt is such a dumpster fire they are going to have to overpay for a coach. There aren't even any returning players on the roster of an 0-19 ACC team.

UCONN was paying Ollie 3 mil.
Ollie won a NC and had NBA teams interested.

UConn isn’t offering Hurley 7 years 25 million like Pitt.

I was thinking to myself this morning “I wonder if there has been a coach three years removed from a title that has been fired.” Seems almost impossible to believe. But oh yeah Rick Pitino. Heh.

Probably tubby too?!?

Forgive the hot take but why is Penny Hardaway a big deal? Because he got a guy to decommit? Memphis is hiring a three year high school coach.

EYBL connections/coaching, too. Wiseman played for him, and just so happens to be the #1 2019 prospect. I think there are a few other top 50s that played for him in EYBL, too.

Ollie won a NC and had NBA teams interested.

UConn isn’t offering Hurley 7 years 25 million like Pitt.

No, but they can get in the ballpark.

I don't think Gmac is going to cost that much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom