UConn fires Kevin Ollie / hires Danny Hurley | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

UConn fires Kevin Ollie / hires Danny Hurley

I don't think Gmac is going to cost that much.
giphy.gif

I was thinking to myself this morning “I wonder if there has been a coach three years removed from a title that has been fired.” Seems almost impossible to believe. But oh yeah Rick Pitino. Heh.
Did UK fire Slick Rick?

This Pittsburgh Post Gazette columnist thinks Hurley should turn down both Pitt and UConn and stay at Rhodey and instead wait for a better job to open. He cites Louisville, Syracuse, UNC, Duke, etc. as jobs that he’d be better off waiting to come open. Despite some of the naysayers on this board, outside perception is that Cuse remains a top-tier job. The Dome provides such a great source of revenue and has made us one of the top grossing, spending, and most profitable programs.

Paul Zeise's mailbag: Which job should Dan Hurley take?

This Pittsburgh Post Gazette columnist thinks Hurley should turn down both Pitt and UConn and stay at Rhodey and instead wait for a better job to open. He cites Louisville, Syracuse, UNC, Duke, etc. as jobs that he’d be better off waiting to come open. Despite some of the naysayers on this board, outside perception is that Cuse remains a top-tier job. The Dome provides such a great source of revenue and has made us one of the top grossing, spending, and most profitable programs.

Well the Louisville job is now open. Here is who they want.
Chris Mack? Shaka Smart? Who will be Louisville's next basketball coach?

I said the same thing.
I would stay at Rhody.
Get a raise to 1.5 million and for his assistants and charter flights.

Wait for Maryland or a good B1G or ACC job.

UConn isn’t a good job right now. It’s better than Rhody but he won’t have the pressure at Rhody he will at UConn or Pitt.

I said the same thing.
I would stay at Rhody.
Get a raise to 1.5 million and for his assistants and charter flights.

Wait for Maryland or a good B1G or ACC job.

UConn isn’t a good job right now. It’s better than Rhody but he won’t have the pressure at Rhody he will at UConn or Pitt.
I think he should stay as well. UConn or Pitt might end up being a dead end type of job.

The job market close to his roots is going to boom within the next few years - and likely with teams with inherited talent. No reason to get stuck at UConn or completely rebuild Pitt.

The rumor in Cincy is that the Louisville job is going to Chris Mack of Xavier.

This was the year for Xavier and they didn't get it done, he now moves on to a HUGGGGGEEEE payday at Louisville...

The rumor in Cincy is that the Louisville job is going to Chris Mack of Xavier.

This was the year for Xavier and they didn't get it done, he now moves on to a HUGGGGGEEEE payday at Louisville...
If I am Mack I want minimum 8 years and an opt out if sanctions are crazy and an automatic tacking on the contract the amount of years UL gets sanctions for.

To even discuss the job. The UL job is nuclear right now. It’s appealing but it’s toxic and any good coach should leverage them bigtime.

They are scared in Storrs...

That they'll be the next UMASS... One time northeast power that withered into mid major mediocrity on a lightning bolt...

"We found recruiting for Cal at Memphis and here, the actual lifespan of what you've done lasts like three years with recruits," Kellogg explained."
UMass basketball's 'Golden era' and the shelf life of success for recruiting today's players

Last edited:
Uconn has already shown that they will do what they can to screw you if you don’t perform to their expectations.

Hurley can do better than Pitt or Uconn and better jobs are going to open up.

Uconn has already shown that they will do what they can to screw you if you don’t perform to their expectations.

Hurley can do better than Pitt or Uconn and better jobs are going to open up.

They've made their bed.

Wait. Who doesn't think that SU is a top tier job and why? We're like T5 in the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom