Uconn is pathetic | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn is pathetic

UConn may be winning now, but does it surprise you that they still suck when their star player is Dukie from The Wire?

You're a Knicks fan... you'd really watch SWAC before the Knicks? I watch nearly as much college hoops as you, but even I will flip to the Knicks tonight before SWAC

Dude the SWAC is quality basketball. Plus all you need to watch is the second half of an NBA game.

Dude the SWAC is quality basketball. Plus all you need to watch is the second half of an NBA game.

I'm not knocking it... just more curious to check out Melo's return with Linsanity, and now to see Baron Davis playing. The Knicks could actually compete!

I'm not knocking it... just more curious to check out Melo's return with Linsanity, and now to see Baron Davis playing. The Knicks could actually compete!
There is a about a 30-40% chance we play the SWAC winner so I need to be prepared. You will all thank me when I give a complete scouting report on Mississippi Valley State.

There is a about a 30-40% chance we play the SWAC winner so I need to be prepared. You will all thank me when I give a complete scouting report on Mississippi Valley State.

You are a beauty. Don't forget to put a cover letter on the TPS report.

Kim is asking me why I am laughing.

Now I'm laughing... I just turned to the U. Is that a high school gym? That makes the MAAC ball that I frequently watch look big time!

Now I'm laughing... I just turned to the U. Is that a high school gym? That makes the MAAC ball that I frequently watch look big time!
classic southern basketball

What does this say about Jay Wright? Should he have left 3 years ago when he had the chance?

Nova has been in a tailspin for the last 3 years and Wright is starting to gain a Ben Howland-esque reputation for not being able to sustain a winner...

What does this say about Jay Wright? Should he have left 3 years ago when he had the chance?

Nova has been in a tailspin for the last 3 years and Wright is starting to gain a Ben Howland-esque reputation for not being able to sustain a winner...

Hell yes. He should have bolted faster than through a goose immediately after the final four season.

Couple things:
1. We are getting perilously close to this being the OFFICIAL Texas Southern-Mississippi Valley State game thread.

2. Marsh, do not watch NBA. I need to know which play in game team to root for when the time comes. These games don't watch themselves, you know.

3. UConn is indeed terrible. Nova is probably more terrible.

Couple things:
1. We are getting perilously close to this being the OFFICIAL Texas Southern-Mississippi Valley State game thread.

2. Marsh, do not watch NBA. I need to know which play in game team to root for when the time comes. These games don't watch themselves, you know.

3. UConn is indeed terrible. Nova is probably more terrible.

I got your back dude. I have detailed reports on the bottom 100 of the RPI

U really think so? I mean, hindsight is 20/20...but he was coming off a final 4 and was running a well respected program in the strongest conference in the country.

It would have to really be a blueblood, "once in a lifetime" situation for him to leave. I'm talking Indiana, Kansas, UCLA or something like that. Hell, I don't even think you leave that situation for Arizona...

I got your back dude. I have detailed reports on the bottom 100 of the RPI

I hope we play the SWAC team in the first round, so your research is validated.

U really think so? I mean, hindsight is 20/20...but he was coming off a final 4 and was running a well respected program in the strongest conference in the country.

It would have to really be a blueblood, "once in a lifetime" situation for him to leave. I'm talking Indiana, Kansas, UCLA or something like that. Hell, I don't even think you leave that situation for Arizona...

His recruiting class post final four was Trob-Dnic-Darryl-Louie esque.

Eh, his problem is the same one JB had in the middle of the last decade. Wright brought in a lot of highly-regarded recruits who turned out not to be that good. When you get commitments from guys like that, it's hard to recruit guys at the same position the next year, and then you're saddled with upperclassmen who aren't very good. The test will be whether it's just a blip (like the TRob/Watkins years were for us) or the start of a tailspin he can't reverse.

Even with his 6 guard rotation, he brought in talent. At the very least Nova should be able to string some wins together.

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me to see him bolt to Illinois. But that is a far cry from where he could have gone...

is that an insult?

because that class was deemed 1 of the best ever (cuse) at the time.

is that an insult?

I think we can safely say that class underperformed ...just a little.

is that an insult?

insult? No but it hindsight it was the type of class that is a program killer for a couple of years.

Do they even run any plays? Or is it always just a crappy 1 on 1 at the top of the key where someone drives into 4 defenders and throws up a wild shot or turns it over?

Remember when Jeremy Lamb was a 1st team All-American?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom