Uconn left standing when the music stopped | Syracusefan.com

Uconn left standing when the music stopped

Are all the exit fees being split by UCon and Cincy?

Honestly, we shouldn't give a crap about UConn anymore. They are the past on their board dthey hate our guts because we left and didn't value the rivalry(which I support Dr. Gross for doing) enough to lobby for them over Louisville. I don't like them and they hate us worse, but just let them be bitter on their board and leave them alone. Their AD said the politically correct answer UConn President Susan Herbst already publicly after SU and Pitt left tried to get UConn into the ACC and they were rejected, and the B1G won't touch them now so what is Warde Manuel suppose to say? The AAC is a dumpster fire and we want nothing to do with the conference? Everybody knows those comments are FOS, but he is saying them to be nice to their new home for the foreseeable future. The exit fee money is being split by UConn, Cincinnati, South Florida, and scraps are being to given to Big East basketball schools and the new members of AAC.

I don't believe for a second that UConn has cried Uncle. They will continue to look to get in a better conference because they have too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. And unfortunately I'd still be surprised if they don't end up in the ACC within the next five years

Honestly, we shouldn't give a crap about UConn anymore. They are the past on their board dthey hate our guts because we left and didn't value the rivalry(which I support Dr. Gross for doing) enough to lobby for them over Louisville. I don't like them and they hate us worse, but just let them be bitter on their board and leave them alone. Their AD said the politically correct answer UConn President Susan Herbst already publicly after SU and Pitt left tried to get UConn into the ACC and they were rejected, and the B1G won't touch them now so what is Warde Manuel suppose to say? The AAC is a dumpster fire and we want nothing to do with the conference? Everybody knows those comments are FOS, but he is saying them to be nice to their new home for the foreseeable future. The exit fee money is being split by UConn, Cincinnati, South Florida, and scraps are being to given to Big East basketball schools and the new members of AAC.

It wouldn't have mattered if we DID lobby for over Loserville. BC did and will block any try by to get into the ACC.

It wouldn't have mattered if we DID lobby for over Loserville. BC did and will block any try by to get into the ACC.

BC doesn't have the power in the ACC you seem to think they do. Don't care what some blog said either, they just don't.

BC doesn't have the power in the ACC you seem to think they do. Don't care what some blog said either, they just don't.

The vast majority of the power in the ACC is all in the state of North Carolina.

BC has NO POWER in the ACC. Florida State and Clemson wanted Louisville because of football perception. UConn didn't get in get blackballed by BC its just crap the UConn people like to say to fuel hatred of BC. Chad Scott a reporter in Florida stated that Rick Speilman of FSU and Daryl Gross of SU were the ACC ADs that lobbied on Louisville's behalf. When SU was added in 2010 if the ACC thought UConn was better than Pitt even if BC didn't want UConn they would have taken UConn over Pitt, but the ACC didn't want the B12 getting Pitt so they went with SU and Pitt, but UConn fans still think BC was able to keep UConn out when they and Wake Forest probably have the least power in the ACC offices.

Doesn't the vote have to be unanimous for a school to get invited to the ACC?

Doesn't the vote have to be unanimous for a school to get invited to the ACC?

No. 75%.

No. 75%.

that was just something that flipper said to make himself seem big and important. The ACC didn't and doesn't want UConn. They could have taken them with us. They could have taken them instead of Louisville. Next time, if there is one, someone else will be taken in front of them.

They are building new practice facilities and if they continue to recruit and win and stay clean under Ollie they will be the next entry to the ACC, that is if there is a next, by default: Memphis - no, Cincy - no, S.Florida - no, Temple - no, Big Whatever team - no, SEC team - no.

I've taken a pretty strong stance over this whole situation because of my general disdain for their Internet fan base. But there are some good connecticut fans out there, like my mother and most of my friends growing up, who are legitimately sad to have lost the Big East and the teams who they love playing. It's a strange dichotomy, laughing at the boneyarders on one end and feeling bad on another.

I've taken a pretty strong stance over this whole situation because of my general disdain for their Internet fan base. But there are some good connecticut fans out there, like my mother and most of my friends growing up, who are legitimately sad to have lost the Big East and the who they love playing. It's a trance dichotomy, laughing at the boneyarders on one end and feeling bad on another.

The two forums can continue to piss on each other but the tragedy is that a game that both fan bases looked forward to every year will not be played anymore. All this BS money chasing is doing irreparable damage to college sports.

That being said I wouldn't want to trade places with them.

I'm not sure he could be expected to say anything else...

I'll be honest, I can't understand how any Syracuse fan that has attended a Cuse/UConn BET game at MSG would want that rivalry to end. It is as intense and awesome as it gets - always feels like you're watching a heavyweight fight, especially when it's a night game.

I'll be honest, I can't understand how any Syracuse fan that has attended a Cuse/UConn BET game at MSG would want that rivalry to end. It is as intense and awesome as it gets - always feels like you're watching a heavyweight fight, especially when it's a night game.

It was a great rivalry & deep down I'd love to see it resurrected, maybe in the ACC at some point.
Again, I'm one of those who has family at UConn & genuinely wanted them to make it in over UL.
What turned me into a "F' Uconn" disciple was reading that nonsense being posted daily on the Boneyard.
Its one thing to get left behind, quite another to blame all your problems on the Cuse.
It gets old reading: "We have 3 NC's, a BCS Bowl, and the greatest chick bball squad in history...Cuse has nothing", etc.
So when I politely inquired as to why, despite all these (ahem) "attributes", they'd been repeatedly rejected by other conferences, I was promptly banned.
Those mamalukes lurk on these boards all the time, so disrespectfully I say again-" Enjoy the MAAC, you mutts."!!
05-stirthepot.gif

You're slipping. It took you until the 5th post in this thread to chime in?

Slacker--where's your dedication?
ha sorry. Golf is taking over my life right now and I am slipping!

It gets old reading: "We have 3 NC's, a BCS Bowl, and the greatest chick bball squad in history]

But it's their board - of course they're going to brag about their accomplishments. Don't we do the same thing when we make fun of Rutgers?

But it's their board - of course they're going to brag about their accomplishments. Don't we do the same thing when we make fun of Rutgers?
Yes, we do. And that's fine. It's the numbnuts over there that can't understand that this is all about football, something they began playing, what, 3 years ago? Oh yeah, and overall brand. And sorry, UConn, women's hoops does NOT contribute to brand. Just the way it is.

I agree. And unfortunately I'd still be surprised if they don't end up in the ACC within the next five years
Do you think they come in with a partner - thus having 16 football and 17 basketball? Or do they come in alone - thus having 15 football and 16 basketball? I don't see Notre Dame becoming full time, which makes for uneven numbers in the conference.