Uh oh. Mike Lombardi on nfl network... | Syracusefan.com

Uh oh. Mike Lombardi on nfl network...

Timonen

All Conference
Just said the Marrone is the chip that will fall after Kelly. Described all the reasons he's attractive.

images

I said it earlier. Trust me if he wants to leave he will have an nfl offer quickly. He is not coming back with his tail between his legs. !! That I can pretty much guarantee u.

Are NFL jobs that easy to come by that a college coach with a .500 overall record and a losing conference record can waltz in with a binder and get hired after winning the Pinstripe Bowl?

Are NFL jobs that easy to come by that a college coach with a .500 overall record and a losing conference record can waltz in with a binder and get hired after winning the Pinstripe Bowl?

its not where doug marrone is now, its where syracuse was 4 years ago that makes him so attractive.

I hope Doug is successful wherever he goes. But I see a number of losing seasons in his future. I hope he handles the frustrations of the job better than he did at Syracuse.

its not where doug marrone is now, its where syracuse was 4 years ago that makes him so attractive.
Then I think we can close out all the "Doug can't coach" or "Doug can't recruit" or "Doug can't manage games" or "Doug can't steer a program" criticisms. His talent and accomplishments are being affirmed by the highest level of football there is.

Then I think we can close out all the "Doug can't coach" or "Doug can't recruit" or "Doug can't manage games" or "Doug can't steer a program" criticisms. His talent and accomplishments are being affirmed by the highest level of football there is.

i think most people (myself included) had any doubts swayed during the last 9 games.

not sure that means a ton by itself. that highest level also affirmed rich kotite, ray handley and a bunch of other duds.

I hope Doug is successful wherever he goes. But I see a number of losing seasons in his future. I hope he handles the frustrations of the job better than he did at Syracuse.
I think Schiano was 7-9 this year and most people felt he did an ok job. No reason to think Marrone won't be as good if not better than Schiano.

Actually if he leaves like this I could really give a f what happens to him.

Leaves like this? You mean getting interest from the top positions in his profession? You are right what a jerk who would want to be at top of his profession...If he left for another college naybe

Actually if he leaves like this I could really give a f what happens to him.
Just how does a college coach move up to the NFL, if not "like this?" This is their hiring season.

Just said the Marrone is the chip that will fall after Kelly. Described all the reasons he's attractive.
Threw San Diego into the mix as well. Sure does sound more like "when" Doug leaves rather than "if".

Plan B: Hire from within and hit the ground running. Keep the current systems. Reassure recruits that the system they signed up to play for has been retained here in Syracuse.

Plan C: Begin to evaluate candidates based on the list that TGD should have created last week.

Doug will be a much better NFL coach than college. He has a good eye for talent, is a ceo type of coach, and will not have to deal with distractions like fund raising and recruiting. I think he will do a very good job. Moving forward i want Shafer to get the job as i believe he can keep the staff intact and i also believe he has a great football mind. He is ready and this could truly end up being a win win for everyone

The fact this needs to be explained is mind boggling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom