UK fan here - Be objective | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

UK fan here - Be objective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exposure has never been a problem for SU. We are NY's team and own the media capitol of the World.

with all due respect, this is false. NYC follows UConn, St. John's and even Rutgers, Duke and Notre Dame more than they follow SU.

ngbbs4eb1ff6f7bbb6.jpg

Maybe Florida would have shot better if they weren't scared to death that Davis was going to even block their 3pt attempts (which he blocked 2 of, IIRC).
Davis walks on water.

This.. I'm done with this idiot / troll. An unbiased discussion would have been great but this idiot is anything but unbiased.

Did you expect more from a Kentucky fan?

Did you expect more from a Kentucky fan?
they have an unhealthy obsession with Syracuse. Once in a while when I want to feel better about myself I go over to their forums, they just love to talk about us. We are seriously raining on their parade.

I hope you enjoy UK success while you have it now. Cal surely has an exit strategy for when *t hits the fan in Lexington and UK inevitably falls to irrelevance and probation.

they have an unhealthy obsession with Syracuse. Once in a while when I want to feel better about myself I go over to their forums, they just love to talk about us. We are seriously raining on their parade.

:rolling: I can't think of one time you've crossed our radar until this whole Noel situation came up. Talk about someone having high opinions of themselves... There's literally one topic on our entire forum that discusses SU and it is titled, "Syracuse cannot rebound".

with all due respect, this shows your roots. NYC is SU for bball.
There are two separate issues.
1. We have a ton of alumni in the metro area and pack MSG for games.
2. But as far as the media go, SU is barely an afterthought in NYC (notwithstanding the number of alumni in local media and the surprising amount of attention our win over Louisville received).

Look, I know Kentucky fans are obsessed. Kentucky as a whole is a basketball obsessed state, there's no denying that. But just because you guys "still follow Tayshaun Prince" doesn't mean you're a better fan base than we are. Hell, we still follow guys like Josh Pace and Eric Devendorf, who have never been on an NBA roster. Does that mean we win the battle of obsession?

The arrogance combined with defensiveness is pretty impressive.

You guys have a great history, and we have a great history. We are the top two teams in the country this year, and both offer things that would appeal to Nerlens Noel. Why not just leave it at that rather than continue to spout off and show how little you know about Syracuse and Northeast basketball in general (going back to the NYC comment)?

Reactions: MGP
If you treat Noel like you did Coleman, you won't get him either. Not every kid you want to recruit doesn't want to go to class and have his school work done for him. It backfired with Coleman.

:rolling: I can't think of one time you've crossed our radar until this whole Noel situation came up. Talk about someone having high opinions of themselves... There's literally one topic on our entire forum that discusses SU and it is titled, "Syracuse cannot rebound".

Why are you here?

For a school who supposedly never "crosses your radar", you sure do post a lot on the Syracuse message board.

If you treat Noel like you did Coleman, you won't get him either. Not every kid you want to recruit doesn't want to go to class and have his school work done for him. It backfired with Coleman.

If you think UK players don't go to class then you are a lemming.

I hope you enjoy UK success while you have it now. Cal surely has an exit strategy for when *t hits the fan in Lexington and UK inevitably falls to irrelevance and probation.
It will probably be with the Knicks...well, it was until D'Antoni found Lin

I agree. It's tough to beat UK's history. The SEC is not a basketball conference which I think would be an advantage for us over every school not named UK. You guys are a different animal. MCW and his relationship with HOP is what we have to compete with. It will be hard to win this one.
Although UK's history is not always the best as portrayed. I've always wondered how that is dealt with in recruiting. I say that fully knowing that Rupp and Kentucky get a far worse rap than they deserve. But it is out there.

If you think UK players don't go to class then you are a lemming.

Footwork 101
Dribble Drive 201
Advanced Dunking 301
Money Management 401
Kiss Coaches a$$ 501

I heard the Knicks' backcourt is now taking SAT's for UK players... just a rumor, though.
Why are the players at UK taking the SAT's? Is that the idea of a good time for college kids down south?

Why are the players at UK taking the SAT's? Is that the idea of a good time for college kids down south?

It's actually awesome fun. We routinely has SAT/ACT sample questions just for fun over on our forum.

And by UK players I obviously meant UK recruits. But by the time they are UK recruits, they're pretty much guaranteed to be UK players so we just refer to them as such...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom