Ultimately, was this season a succes?

• Yes

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
That didnt take long.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Success in NCAA Division I is definated by a single elimination Tournament. Getting to the Final four equals success. No one remembers anything but the final four. Tremendous, maybe best well ever see, type regular season, but ultimately unsuccessful. :(

Yeah, it was a success. It left us hungry, it was a winnable game, but there was no shame in losing tonight.

You're acting awfully ******* entitled when this is only our 5th ever Elite Eight trip under Boeheim.

We're supposed to be an elite program. Elite programs demand championships.

Whoever votes yes should play in traffic.
you have to be the dumbest person ever on this board. This season was a smashing sucess. we didn't make the final four. Is that the only measure in your world? We won the big east conference. We finished 34-3.

Succesful because we made it to the Elite 8 without Melo and weathered the media storm with our play on the court.

34-3, BE Champs, #1 seed, Elite 8. A fantastic year by any measure.

Fantastic, sure, but not a success. Success means to accomplish a goal. Our goal was to win a title. We failed. End of story.

One game doesn't make success.
But face it where you end up does. You end up a loser its never a success.

This team had a great season and I hope espn does a 20-30 minute clip on our whole season.

LETS SEE 34 -3 Big east regular season champs at 17-1, 6 and 1 against ranked teams and an elite eight run in tourny. Wow some people don't get it yet

Yes, a successful season. Pre-season #5 and when the final poll comes out we will be in the same spot, never having left the top 5. I wanted more, as all SU fans did, but I'm proud of what these kids achieved in the face of so much controversy and adversity all season long.

Fantastic, sure, but not a success. Success means to accomplish a goal. Our goal was to win a title. We failed. End of story.
This isn't a 7 game series. OSU outplayed us tonight; how often does the "best" team win the NCAA tournament? Fab Melo would have beeen tremendous tonight

So, you're saying that Duke and Michigan State aren't elite.

No. They are. Both of them have more championships than us. What I'm saying is we shouldn't be satisfied with not winning a title. We are not Butler. We are not a team that should be satisfied with making a deep tourney run.

It has been a magical year. These kids deserve an enormous amount of gratitude and credit for how they performed and represented the university throughout this tumultuous year. It has been a pleasure getting up in the middle of the night and watching them on the internet from over here in the Middle East.

Great job by JB, also; there were so many blows suffered this year. He was able to keep the kids focused, it is amazing, given everything that has happened, that we won 33 games.

Also, thanks Scoop and KJo for the memories. It's no mistake that Kris participated in more winning games than any player in our history. Good guys. I wish them well in their future endeavors, whatever that might be.

Go Cuse!! Always and forever.

Dean Smith- 11 Final Fours, but only 2 titles. Most years he was a complete failure.

Look, it is a good season. Everyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. The kids played their hearts out. They had to go through way more than any team should. I feel so sad that they did not make a final four. BUT it was not a great season. With or without fab, a great season is a final four. no excuses. I will always like this team. A lot of good memories of huge runs.

Succesful because we made it to the Elite 8 without Melo and weathered the media storm with our play on the court.
^^^^^This^^^^^
Sure we all wanted a Final Four, but I am proud of the way we played this year. I am left with a lot of great memories that will help me bridge the gap to next year. Both Scoop and Kris were excellent respresentatives of SU and I thank them for their contributions to our program.

No. They are. Both of them have more championships than us. What I'm saying is we shouldn't be satisfied with not winning a title. We are not Butler. We are not a team that should be satisfied with making a deep tourney run.

We're also not the NY Yankees either. It's OK to be happy with a school record 34 wins, especially missing an important player down the stretch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom