UNACCEPTABLE! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UNACCEPTABLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back and watched parts again. It's been 14 games and this offense is meh. Yes some of it's the oline but it's also in large part the play calling. Offensive masterminds use plays to set up others...nothing is wasted. Out offense seems to have none of that right now. When a db plays 12 yards off and you sling it outside and pick up 8-9 yards and the db lines up 12 yards off again, you run the same damn play.

People wonder about the middle of the field and our lack of use. A big part of that is the pressure. If big dlineman are blowing up the middle of your oline, you have to work outside. You can't step up into the pocket or have the time to let your middle routes develop.

And without a run threat none of this works...

I went back and watched parts again. It's been 14 games and this offense is meh. Yes some of it's the oline but it's also in large part the play calling. Offensive masterminds use plays to set up others...nothing is wasted. Out offense seems to have none of that right now. When a db plays 12 yards off and you sling it outside and pick up 8-9 yards and the db lines up 12 yards off again, you run the same damn play.

People wonder about the middle of the field and our lack of use. A big part of that is the pressure. If big dlineman are blowing up the middle of your oline, you have to work outside. You can't step up into the pocket or have the time to let your middle routes develop.

And I watched servais/heckel do their job, more than some think, but the ball just went to the outside, into the waiting arms of an unblocked de(apparently, by design)

I was as pissed as anyone but I'm chalking this one up to growing pains in the rebuild process. I'm still all in.

However, I don't think we are as good as people envisioned and that's mainly due to the OL. But help is on the way in next year's class. Unfortunately that will take another year or two before it turns in to wins. If we can't run even a little bit, then we are one dimensional and easy to stop.

I also firmly believe MTSU is better than 99% of the people think. Tack on the fact that Shafer was on the other side created an advantage for them.

And last, I do believe our players came out a little overconfident. This loss may be an awakening for them. This weekend will tell a lot to me.

not seeing much of a sense of urgency from the sophomores/juniors. Will surprise few if any of us when many lose their starting and 2 deep spots next year.

Last edited:

Well part of the "not using the middle of the field" falls on Dungey's shoulders. He rarely looks off first WR unless he is flushed out of pocket.

Wk 1

IMG_1205.JPG

Wk 2

Dungey sucks. Put the backups in. When will he improve?

#saysSUfans
Week 1 glorified HS team
Week 2 upper middle tier CUSA team looks awful.

If you can't watch that game Saturday and say Dungey was bad you aren't objective. He can it turn it around but that was awful QB play in the first quarter where we had great field position and wasted it.

He needs to improve quickly as he is the leader.

Players performing poorly isn't exclusively due to ability / their specific performance. You put players in a position to be successful.

DB doesn't look bad just bc his players had a bad day just like the players shouldn't look bad exclusively bc they had an off day. They work together.

My biggest concern is that Shafer just gave every team left on the schedule (Who are all arguably better than MTSU) the blueprint to expose our offense. Fingers crossed that the staff and players are better than what we saw out there. We'll see.

Week 1 glorified HS team
Week 2 upper middle tier CUSA team looks awful.

If you can't watch that game Saturday and say Dungey was bad you aren't objective. He can it turn it around but that was awful QB play in the first quarter where we had great field position and wasted it.

He needs to improve quickly as he is the leader.

Tell me how many ACC QBs played bad teams week 1. And I didn't say Dungey played well Saturday. He didn't. But that doesn't mean he's a bad QB like some are now saying.

Tell me how many ACC QBs played bad teams week 1. And I didn't say Dungey played well Saturday. He didn't. But that doesn't mean he's a bad QB like some are now saying.
The PFF ranking is inflated.

When Dungey is graded for a game against CCSU.
His rating was fine that game as it should have been.

People can be worried about his performance Saturday and going forward.
If we can't block MTSU then blocking ACC teams will be hard.

He better read the defense pre snap a lot better so that he can go to his first read or look out.

Saturday's game was more on the OL and QB than anywhere else.

It's a completely different game if our wrs catch the balls that hit them in the hands
You do a good job at taking shots at my points without saying my name.

Bravo.

Drops are part of the game. The game also is different if Riley catches the punt. Or we punch it from the 4 yard line after the pick. Or we punch it after the fumble on the MTSU side of the field in the first quarter.
WR drops aren't why we lost.

The PFF ranking is inflated.

When Dungey is graded for a game against CCSU.
His rating was fine that game as it should have been.

People can be worried about his performance Saturday and going forward.
If we can't block MTSU then blocking ACC teams will be hard.

He better read the defense pre snap a lot better so that he can go to his first read or look out.

Saturday's game was more on the OL and QB than anywhere else.
The OL was consistently set in a poor protection. That's got nothing to do with bad execution.

I'm with babers on this...

Too many calls that just weren't going to work, in the situation.

The OLine has gotten worse year by year since Marrone left. Dungey would be one of the country's best passers if he had the line Nassib had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom