UNACCEPTABLE! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UNACCEPTABLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed with Florida St. and Clemson. And Louisville is good now. But...why the hell are they so much better than us? How did that happen? They were a nobody in football not that long ago.

They invested in their program, hired a good coach who is on offensive genius (and a douche bag), and recruited a guy to play QB that the big boys didn't jump on right away who is way better than anyone thought he could be.

There are other programs who jump up for a bit. We were them in the late 80's-mid 90's.

It can happen here.

"Said the loss was all on him." All coaches say that after losing a game they shouldn't. It doesn't mean anything!
In Babers defense I can think of at least one coach who finds it easier to throw players under the bus, bend microphones and snarl at reporters.

In Babers defense I can think of at least one coach who finds it easier to throw players under the bus, bend microphones and snarl at reporters.

Brian Kelly blamed a 3rd string QB or some other poor bench warmer for ND's loss to Tulsa. Coaches blame people others all the time

Unreal. What else is he supposed to do?

He would have rather of won, I think. But he didn't. You take ownership and use it to get better.

They invested in their program, hired a good coach who is on offensive genius (and a douche bag), and recruited a guy to play QB that the big boys didn't jump on right away who is way better than anyone thought he could be.

There are other programs who jump up for a bit. We were them in the late 80's-mid 90's.

It can happen here.

With some historical perspective, Dick Macpherson should have a dorm named after him on the Hill. He made us relevant from 1987 to 2004 essentially. His recruits were handed to Paul who actually steered the ship unbelievably well until Vick decided not to come. He couldn't pivot at that point and then the ACC decision was delayed in 03 (hurting more recruiting, helping BC).

Let's not forget this. Maybe Dino is the next Dick Mac but it can happen.

Not sure why you quoted that, i was saying I don't think SS is a bad person for wanting a victory cigar. I think some people might need to go find their safe places.

You said he was completely screwed over.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a human treated more fairly in the college football coaching business than Scott Shafer.

Agreed with Florida St. and Clemson. And Louisville is good now. But...why the hell are they so much better than us? How did that happen? They were a nobody in football not that long ago.

No, Louisville has always been pretty good off and on for a while, going back to Lee Corso (yes, that Lee Corso) having coached them in them in the 70s, and then Howard Schnellenberger in the 80s and 90s, and of course Bobby Petrino and Charlie Strong in the last decade and a half. Charlie never should have left for Texas, IMO.

You said he was completely screwed over.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a human treated more fairly in the college football coaching business than Scott Shafer.
He was only given 3 years. Grob had 4. He was run out of town after his entire QB unit went down. Coyle wanted him gone, it was only a matter of time.

He was only given 3 years. Grob had 4. He was run out of town after his entire QB unit went down. Coyle wanted him gone, it was only a matter of time.
We didn't have ACC money when GRob was given a 4th year.
We didn't have the money to buyout GRob.

We had the money to fire Shafer. Giving a losing coach another year doesn't help the future.

Shafer was never getting it done at Syracuse. His firing allowed Syracuse to move forward.

We didn't have ACC money when GRob was given a 4th year.
We didn't have the money to buyout GRob.

We had the money to fire Shafer. Giving a losing coach another year doesn't help the future.

Shafer was never getting it done at Syracuse. His firing allowed Syracuse to move forward.
We haven't moved anywhere. We just lost to a 10 point mid-major dog at home. If you guys would stop your Babers man crushes for a minute you might notice that:

He's installing a system that our players can't run - Just like Grob
Everyone keeps saying he needs time to get his recruits - Just like Grob
People are saying this is the best recruiting we've ever had - Remember Lobdell, Andrew Robinson, the love affairs? I do, Just like Grob.
We are out of games before people even get in their seats - Just like Grob
We are losing to teams we have no business losing to - Just like Grob

I'm not saying that Dino is as bad a coach as Grob, but the situations are following the exact same trajectory. Keep pointing at the young guys as the future. I can name of a list of 'saviors' that never did squat on the hill. That's all we've done since 2001. I'm tired of it.

We haven't moved anywhere. We just lost to a 10 point mid-major dog at home. If you guys would stop your Babers man crushes for a minute you might notice that:

People are saying this is the best recruiting we've ever had - Remember Lobdell, Andrew Robinson, the love affairs? I do, Just like Grob.

I'm not saying that Dino is as bad a coach as Grob, but the situations are following the exact same trajectory. Keep pointing at the young guys as the future. I can name of a list of 'saviors' that never did squat on the hill. That's all we've done since 2001. I'm tired of it.

We are running so many friggin plays that time management is irrelevant in the overall scheming. This is good when u can beat teams 48-30. The 1997 Syracuse Orange with Dino as HC would have been something to behold. May have been a National Champion actually b/c that talent was off the charts and speed galore.

However, when you don't have major talent (i've heard we haven't since 2004) the best way to handle it is to shorten games IMO. Figure out a way to move chains, get turnovers, etc. It's situational football catered to our talent.

Someone in another thread said Saban couldn't fix this team. I say BS to that. He'd see the talent and shorten the game as much as possible and focus on making SU the best special teams operation in America.

Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors