Unacceptable. | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Unacceptable.

It's really crazy. We can lose to really bad teams and make a final 4, a sweet 16, not so much in the ACC tourney. We lose a lot of games recently but our redeeming quality has been post season success. I'm not validating it in my mind because this is UNACCEPTABLE. It's just funny because I know this team could make a elite 8. Lmao I know it sounds so crazy right now. But like someone says. We gotta get there first. Watch us Beat Duke. And I'm halfway serious.

I used to brood and be depressed by basketball losses like this. Today, I did not even care. All I could think about was that Dino Babers might be our football coach for a long time. Because of that, the basketball loss doesn't feel quite so bad.

I used to brood and be depressed by basketball losses like this. Today, I did not even care. All I could think about was that Dino Babers might be our football coach for a long time. Because of that, the basketball loss doesn't feel quite so bad.

Yeah, almost as though something like this is not necessarily out of the ordinary anymore. It's actually really disturbing when I really sit and digest it.

Bottom line is, other than Battle, we have a bunch of players who are sporadic in their play at best...no consistency. Brissett is not playing like a NBA draft pick, Frank is not even close to being full speed and even then I have always questioned him, MD does not get the ball enough on offense in my opinion and our centers are downright pathetic. This is a mediocre team, nothing more until they get their heads out of their collective asses and play with passion and heart. They need to stop standing around.

And that's the thing -- I think as a fanbase we tend to overate the actual talent we have. Battle is our best player with obvious limitations, and it appears Carey has some legit big time talent. The rest - really don't ooze big time talent to me, never really have. Flashes of potential - especially Brissett, but not in the same league as some of the big time programs. We can catch teams off guard with the zone at times, but as a program we just seem to be going deeper into medicority year after year now in the ACC. Our recruiting seems to be ok, but isn't exactly wowing me either.

And that's the thing -- I think as a fanbase we tend to overate the actual talent we have. Battle is our best player with obvious limitations, and it appears Carey has some legit big time talent. The rest - really don't ooze big time talent to me, never really have. Flashes of potential - especially Brissett, but not in the same league as some of the big time programs. We can catch teams off guard with the zone at times, but as a program we just seem to be going deeper into medicority year after year now in the ACC. Our recruiting seems to be ok, but isn't exactly wowing me either.

I think this is the gist of it, sadly. You add a decent P5 swingman in Hughes (don’t forget we are comparing him to last year’s offense), Buddy who is a non factor, and Carey who is being used rather sparingly, IMO. Carey is up and down. You have generally mostly regression across the board and still no post game or even a threat there so it is what it is.

I think Carey and the staff need to figure out what his role will be. Frank is ineffective but it doesn’t seem like Carey is trusted much as a PG. I’m not sure how fast he really his too. Again we are comparing him to OUR guys. We haven’t seen some downhill blur/poor man’s Westbrook-Waiters type like we were led to believe. Is he an instant offense guy off the bench like Jamal Crawford? Can he shoot well enough?

Last edited:
I hear there are lots of threads to post in on the football board.

I think this is the gist of it, sadly. You add a decent P5 swingman in Hughes (don’t forget we are comparing him to last year’s offense), Buddy who is a non factor, and Carey who is being used rather sparingly, IMO. Carey is up and down. You have generally mostly regression across the board and still no post game or even a threat there so it is what it is.

I think Carey and the staff need to figure out what his role will be. Frank is ineffective but it doesn’t seem like Carey is trusted much as a PG. I’m not sure how fast he really his too. Again we are comparing him to OUR guys. We haven’t seen some downhill blur/poor man’s Westbrook-Waiters type like we were led to believe. Is he an instant offense guy off the bench like Jamal Crawford? Can’t he shoot well enough?
do u just copy/paste the same long post from thread to thread? u should

Last edited:
If you think that grinding our way to a eight win ACC season, getting into the tourney as one of the last ten at large births and then white knuckling our way to the final four a la 2016 is a sustainable model for basketball success then please recommend your glue because tbh I've been looking for a new brand.

If you think that grinding our way to a eight win ACC season, getting into the tourney as one of the last ten at large births and then white knuckling our way to the final four a la 2016 is a sustainable model for basketball success then please recommend your glue because tbh I've been looking for a new brand.
Imagine if companies used this business model?

Gorilla Glue.

[QUOTE="Scooch, post: 2829611, member: 628I don’t know if it’s recruiting or coaching, but it’s a joke.[/QUOTE]
It all starts with coaching.

Based on 5 or 6 shots he made last year?

People said the same about Roberson too.
its odd he did so well in the second half of the season last year,in all phases of his game,but has disappeared this year. i wonder why that is

What will that do? It’s not Jalens fault but we hardly scored when he was in. Both halves when the announcers said we had gone stretches without scoring was with Jalen in. Frank at least had 6 assists and hit a couple 3’s. The whole team is not playing well and not hitting shots, nor FTs today.
Second half of Georgetown on tape proves this is a weak ass take

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom