Unacceptable. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Unacceptable.

I think SU's streak of winning seasons is in danger. SU appears to be one of the worst teams in the ACC. They can pull the occasional upset when the opposing team misses a lot of open 3s (Ohio State), but in general this team is not good on offense or defense. Losses to Buffalo and St. Bonaventure are quite possible. SU could be 8-5 entering the ACC season, and a 7-11 conference record may be a reach. Sad way for the JB era to wind down.

I’m very conflicted as I’ve felt that we should move on from JB at various points in 2016, 17 and 18. And then we win a game that we had no business winning or we go on a run in the tournament and I’m all in on JB. I mean we were supposed to be a top 25 team this year. We returned everyone from a sweet 16 team and a top 5 defense. But once again here we are one week removed from needing hero ball from Tyus Battle to beat a mediocre Gtown team and one hour removed from losing to a Colonial Athletic Conference team.

I’m sure we’ll get a few more big wins this year and we may even pull off an upset or two on the back of the zone as like a ten seed or something. Is that what we are now?

It is what we are right now. People got mad over the usual players laughing at us on the bubble every year but there’s a reason they keep bringing it up

While I'm not guaranteeing a loss, blowing a 13 point lead to a meh mid major is unacceptable and doesn't make me think we're going to do anything except lose by 10+ to Buffalo.
Hughes and Battle matchup really well vs ub. Our centers, frank, carey, and whatever the hell oshae is right now not so much. We’ll see

Men's college basketball is brutal. Unless you are blue blood like Duke, Kansas and Kentucky packed with superstars, anyone can beat anyone at any give day.

Yet Gonzaga and Villanova are consistent and always good.

Before people call for carey to start over frank, too, reconsider. I dont want a freshman handling the ball vs the UB guards

I’m sure we’ll get a few more big wins this year and we may even pull off an upset or two on the back of the zone as like a ten seed or something. Is that what we are now?

Cuse fans in 2014: “can you believe UConn won a title as a 7 seed? Do they let you even hang a banner for that?”

Cuse fans in 2016 and 2018: “double-digit seed pride, baby! Come get some!”

I can't do that. I dvr every game that I can and wait an hour to start watching. The game flies by without commercial stops. But I never know the score
That’s what I do but out of necessity. I often find myself fast forwarding the action because it’s just excruciating to sit through in real time.

If we beat Buffalo and win out in out of conference play we will likely be ranked going into ACC play. It is to soon to panic.

ODU is likely going to win their conference.
They were likely over looked by many, but honestly they maybe better than Buffalo.

I think SU's streak of winning seasons is in danger. SU appears to be one of the worst teams in the ACC. They can pull the occasional upset when the opposing team misses a lot of open 3s (Ohio State), but in general this team is not good on offense or defense. Losses to Buffalo and St. Bonaventure are quite possible. SU could be 8-5 entering the ACC season, and a 7-11 conference record may be a reach. Sad way for the JB era to wind down.
^^^
exhibit A of why this place rules after games like today

Before people call for carey to start over frank, too, reconsider. I dont want a freshman handling the ball vs the UB guards

If Carey can't handle that then he had no business being ranked where he was.

You can't possibly be serious with this. Nova is a well-oiled machine who has lost less than 5 games the past 5 seasons. And they play an absolutely beautiful style of high-scoring basketball.

you mean throw up 3s and hope they go in..

its all beautiful when they go in.

If Carey can't handle that then he had no business being ranked where he was.
Lol thats ridiculous these are junior and senior college basketball players with tournament experience on a top 15 team. Battle had problems against the same players last year

you mean throw up 3s and hope they go in..

its all beautiful when they go in.

So if I throw up threes and hope they go in and Curry does the same next to me we'll make roughly the same?

It isn't hope, it's skill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom