Uniform of the day for NC State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uniform of the day for NC State

I'm usually in the same boat with being traditional...but I love the helmets! Many teams won't be wearing traditional colors this weekend...so I'm not mad there isn't a lot of Orange.

Louisvilles POW-MIA uniforms and Washingtons decals are pretty awesome as well.
20161109_205619.png
20161109_205635.png

The kids love them and it's great for recruiting. The kids ...

No doubt! These uniforms have really enhanced our recruiting over the last two years!

Who are we this week? Looks like NC State the last time we played them. Fantastic! At least someone worked some serendipity into this week's non-orange selection.

If we're going to be subjected to the uniform grab bag every week then soMe one could at least extend the courtesy of announcing where we can leave comments for the ad wizards that came up with this one.

Sorry, rarely post in these uni threads. Got a little animated after thinking these were NC States unis (and hated it for NC State!)

FWIW, ESPN has us with the 34th ranked class...

So, we have had the goofy uniforms for three years and suddenly this year our recruiting ranking has improved - due, I suspect to DeVito.

Do you think the improvement has more to do with our new HC than the goofy uniforms?

So, we have had the goofy uniforms for three years and suddenly this year our recruiting ranking has improved - due, I suspect to DeVito.

Do you think the improvement has more to do with our new HC than the goofy uniforms?
Thank you

It's absolutely the uniforms. Duh.

They look good. But how many different combos do we have? How many helmets does a player have? 5? There has to be a crazy cost (not ours) to this...

They look good. But how many different combos do we have? How many helmets does a player have? 5? There has to be a crazy cost (not ours) to this...

Only 3 helmets...

White
Orange
Blue

We're currently living through another 1970s, where styles are just absurd looking, and 30 years from now we'll all look back and laugh.

FWIW, ESPN has us with the 34th ranked class...

I was going to make a response also...something along the lines of "well, yeah...recruiting has been better the last couple years"

Did we even wear that this season?
No and, thankfully, I don't think we wore them last season either.

Btw, this week's uni's resemble something out of a Civil War reenactment. Where the he11 is the orange?

Whomever covers the cost is wasting money.

I have yet to see anybody actually purchase the goofy uniforms like the Chicago Bears jerseys we wore against ND.

There must be some financial advantage to somebody, but I don't know what it is.

I was going to make a response also...something along the lines of "well, yeah...recruiting has been better the last couple years"

Except it really hasn't improved - especially last year - even before it appeared that Scott Shafer would be gone.

And the schools that have maintained their brands - Texas, Alabama, USC, Penn State, Auburn, LSU etc - are recruiting very well - better than ever in most instances.

So, I think it's the program/coaches/infrastructure and success on the field that improves recruiting - not the goofy uniforms that nearly all of the mediocre programs in the US are wearing these days - the entire MAC Conference and teams like NC State, Illinois, Texas Tech, UConn, etc.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom