Uniform of the day for NC State | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Uniform of the day for NC State

OrangePa, I know you like pressed khakis and spit shined keds but you really need to let the uniform thing go.. Maybe some day they will return to the classic look but for now it is what it is, nothing you or I can do

Hey, it's a discussion board - as long as the issue is raised no need to hold back how I feel.

Will it change anything? No, it won't.

I'll try to influence the administration more directly.

But, I still enjoy the banter on this board so what the heck.

I think the uniform was a ploy to match what NC st already wore so perhaps it leads a few confused throws to the wrong team.

Love the helmet and hoping Nike provides digi cammo compression shirts, sweat bands, spats and towels to compliment the look

That's what the kids tell us.

Funny, I'm sure that some kids have made the comment, but I have never heard it.

And, I have never heard any of the kids on the team declare that our classic uniforms are somehow a turn-off or in any way unattractive or uncool.

We look like every other mediocre football program in the US - we look like a MAC team.

We do not look like the great Big Ten or SEC teams who don't rely upon gimmick to attract kids.

We are a cornerstone college program that does not need to abandon our classic brand.

Again, just my opinion.

We do not look like the great Big Ten or SEC teams who don't rely upon gimmick to attract kids.

f0a08e82527e5e87f5d3a0a28d9c0dcb.jpg
osu-uniformsjpg-29f5fe7b404a9a6d.jpg
oppositeutl_thumb2.jpg

Funny, I'm sure that some kids have made the comment, but I have never heard it.

And, I have never heard any of the kids on the team declare that our classic uniforms are somehow a turn-off or in any way unattractive or uncool.

We look like every other mediocre football program in the US - we look like a MAC team.

We are a cornerstone college program that does not need to abandon our classic brand.

Again, just my opinion.

Syracuse football recruits on new uniforms: 'They're just too smooth' and other reactions

id guess that next week we round out the regular season by wearing the orange top for 2nd time this year

Again, just my opinion.

Ohio state literally wore throwback uniforms last week lol

Ohio state literally wore throwback uniforms last week lol

LOL!

That's different.

I have no objection to a "throw back" jersey on an isolated date.

I have always felt that the Orange should wear the Ernie Davis/Floyd Little home white uniforms on a Legends Weekend every year in the fall.

I like that kind of tradition - that helps build and preserve the history of the school.

I don't like the week-to-week monstrosities that we see in the MAC, with UConn, Texas Tech and so many other less than prominent programs.

Of course that article is from the fall of 2014 so it doesn't address most of the uniforms we are seeing this year.

And, of course, the article does not presume to ask the players how they feel about the classic Coach Mac uniforms.

For all you know, those players - including Ryan Nassib, who wore them - would probably declare the classic uni to be a great uniform.

The fact is that regardless of how "smooth" they are, the gimmick uniforms that we see every week are no different than what we see with hundreds of other schools every week - with the slight variations.

They are all so "smooth" that they are no longer unique and have no branding value at all.

By the way, I thought you were so sick of reading my posts about uniforms that you had decided to block me!?

Can't count on anything these days!

Of course that article is from the fall of 2014 so it doesn't address most of the uniforms we are seeing this year.

And, of course, the article does not presume to ask the players how they feel about the classic Coach Mac uniforms.

For all you know, those players - including Ryan Nassib, who wore them - would probably declare the classic uni to be a great uniform.

The fact is that regardless of how "smooth" they are, the gimmick uniforms that we see every week are no different than what we see with hundreds of other schools every week - with the slight variations.

They are all so "smooth" that they are no longer unique and have no branding value at all.

By the way, I thought you were so sick of reading my posts about uniforms that you had decided to block me!?

Can't count on anything these days!

No. I don't block anyone - I care ;).

We can guess at what we don't know and hypotheticals or we can just roll with the actual quotes from actual recruits and players. Find me evidence to your point and I'll gladly give you credit.

The uniforms they are commenting on are the exact ones they've worn this year (except for the orange which wasn't ready yet).

I work in branding and graphic design. I think it's safe to say they don't have any branding value to you. But they are not made to get your attention. If you want to measure the relative success or non-success of the branding you should ask "who is the target audience" and then gather info from them. Which we kind of did with the article and tweets above.

No. I don't block anyone - I care ;).

We can guess at what we don't know and hypotheticals or we can just roll with the actual quotes from actual recruits and players. Find me evidence to your point and I'll gladly give you credit.

The uniforms they are commenting on are the exact ones they've worn this year (except for the orange which wasn't ready yet).

I work in branding and graphic design. I think it's safe to say they don't have any branding value to you. But they are not made to get your attention. If you want to measure the relative success or non-success of the branding you should ask "who is the target audience" and then gather info from them. Which we kind of did with the article and tweets above.

They're made for one reason: for Nike to profit.

If we wear four different jerseys and change them every couple seasons, they'll make more money than if we wear the same two jerseys for a decade.

LOL!

That's different.

I have no objection to a "throw back" jersey on an isolated date.

I have always felt that the Orange should wear the Ernie Davis/Floyd Little home white uniforms on a Legends Weekend every year in the fall.

I like that kind of tradition - that helps build and preserve the history of the school.

I don't like the week-to-week monstrosities that we see in the MAC, with UConn, Texas Tech and so many other less than prominent programs.

There is a proper balance and a lot of schools fail to find it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom