Uniform of the day for NC State | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Uniform of the day for NC State

They're made for one reason: for Nike to profit.

If we wear four different jerseys and change them every couple seasons, they'll make more money than if we wear the same two jerseys for a decade.
Problem with that theory is that absolutely zero of these jerseys are for sale .

Exactly how is Nike profiting?

Of course that article is from the fall of 2014 so it doesn't address most of the uniforms we are seeing this year.

And, of course, the article does not presume to ask the players how they feel about the classic Coach Mac uniforms.

For all you know, those players - including Ryan Nassib, who wore them - would probably declare the classic uni to be a great uniform.

The fact is that regardless of how "smooth" they are, the gimmick uniforms that we see every week are no different than what we see with hundreds of other schools every week - with the slight variations.

They are all so "smooth" that they are no longer unique and have no branding value at all.

By the way, I thought you were so sick of reading my posts about uniforms that you had decided to block me!?

Can't count on anything these days!
The only uni we wear that wasn't available in 2014 was the Orange, every other variation has been available in 2015 and 2016.

Cw2cpTJW8AAFnXA.jpg

This is sharp. And it is the only combo we should be wearing the non-orange helmets.

They're made for one reason: for Nike to profit.

If we wear four different jerseys and change them every couple seasons, they'll make more money than if we wear the same two jerseys for a decade.
ballin-obama_o_819045.gif

Nike. Ballin out of control on that Cuse Cash...

No. I don't block anyone - I care ;).

We can guess at what we don't know and hypotheticals or we can just roll with the actual quotes from actual recruits and players. Find me evidence to your point and I'll gladly give you credit.

The uniforms they are commenting on are the exact ones they've worn this year (except for the orange which wasn't ready yet).

I work in branding and graphic design. I think it's safe to say they don't have any branding value to you. But they are not made to get your attention. If you want to measure the relative success or non-success of the branding you should ask "who is the target audience" and then gather info from them. Which we kind of did with the article and tweets above.
Whatever happened to "Orange" , the color, being part of our brand? We see less and less of it?

I don't get too bogged down in these discussions. I like tradition. Tradition is good. However, the common theme with the schools with traditional uniforms is winning. Plain and simple. If those schools lost with more frequency, they'd be changing their unis a ton - because that is the business of football these days. College and NFL. They change unis frequently.

What is Syracuse's history and tradition? Rose pink and pea? Are we the color of orange because it was once associated the color of the skin of a former mascot? What does Auburn have a War Eagle mascot if they're the Tigers?! I like the new uniforms. I also like the new uniforms. I say, let them wear whatever it takes to help the team win again and then stick with that uniform for the next 50-100 years.

Hey, it's a discussion board - as long as the issue is raised no need to hold back how I feel.

Will it change anything? No, it won't.

I'll try to influence the administration more directly.

But, I still enjoy the banter on this board so what the heck.

Understood and by all means you are right with regard to expressing your pov.

Babers said at the show he has been had people here complain uniforms the team wears which I find to be amazing. He said the uniform combos are a big deal to 18 to 22 year old kids and they love the players love gray uniforms. The recruits also love them too. Babers has the seniors to pick out the combos and tonight was the first time in 5 years that he saw a uniform combination before a game. Why do people make such a big deal about uniforms in Syracuse?

Babers said at the show he has been had people here complain uniforms the team wears which I find to be amazing. He said the uniform combos are a big deal to 18 to 22 year old kids and they love the players love gray uniforms. The recruits also love them too. Babers has the seniors to pick out the combos and tonight was the first time in 5 years that he saw a uniform combination before a game. Why do people make such a big deal about uniforms in Syracuse?

They are intended to leave an impression and they do.

Because some people are more concerned with how the team "looks" and want that warm and fuzzy feeling inside of nostalgia from 30 or 40 years ago for SU football. Their enjoyment comes from walking to the Dome and seeing the team wear the same thing every week no matter what. So they can be brought back to the "good ole days". So they can re-live games from the 60's, 70's, or 80's. It makes them feel better inside and helps them get past how poor we have been for a decade or so now. For some (not all) the uniforms help people cope with losing. That's all it is. It's like I have seen my program fall on hard times and change so much and not for the better; now I have to see the uniforms go away too?

I don't get it, I don't care about what uniforms the team wears. To me it's all just a big distraction on boards like this, talk radio, and newspapers to get peoples thoughts off the major issue at hand. Which is getting the program back on track and winning.

Most coaches don't care about uniforms, most fans don't care, it really is a vocal minority that get so upset about this. If this program was winning 9 to 10 games a season nobody would give a crap what uniforms they wore. And if they consistently won 10 games a year and the program decided to wear lime green and hot pink the same fans complaining today about uniforms would come out and defend the pink and green and say something the likes of..."we are SU and we are starting a new tradition, we can wear what we want and we are winning so go kick rocks."

The last 3 games of this year will be rough. All of next year will be rough. But come 2018 when the schedule gets easier and when Dino has this team in better shape and we start winning more, I pray to god threads about uniforms go away. Because when we win, nobody cares or talks about uniforms. When we lose it becomes an easy distraction for a segment of fans to get their minds off the recent or upcoming loss and the losing.

Last edited:

And this is what people have been saying here for years, but grumpy old muppet guys keep complaining, who cares??

I am not quite old enough to be a muppet yet but I like them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom