University of Georgia | Syracusefan.com

University of Georgia

I was banging that drum four weeks ago and I’m not the type to come back and gloat on the internet about how right I was.

But, I mean...

I had them in.

It's obvious that Alabama, Georgia and Clemson were the three best teams in the country and, since Alabama is #1, Georgia might be #2.

Regardless of rankings — right now — in college football there are three teams on a completely different level than everyone else: Clemson, Alabama, and Georgia. Their depth and talent is unmatched.

Our almost win in Death Valley is almost as stunning as last year’s win when you consider everything.

It's obvious that Alabama, Georgia and Clemson were the three best teams in the country and, since Alabama is #1, Georgia might be #2.

Great minds

Regardless of rankings — right now — in college football there are three teams on a completely different level than everyone else: Clemson, Alabama, and Georgia. Their depth and talent is unmatched.

Our almost win in Death Valley is almost as stunning as last year’s win when you consider everything.

We're all looking forward to the Clemson game in the Dome next year. But two years ago, they had no reason to think we could compete with them and this year we caught them when they were changing quarterbacks. Next year we'll be right in their cross hairs and we just might find out that we aren't Clemson yet.

We're all looking forward to the Clemson game in the Dome next year. But two years ago, they had no reason to think we could compete with them and this year we caught them when they were changing quarterbacks. Next year we'll be right in their cross hairs and we just might find out that we aren't Clemson yet.

I agree. We caught some fortunate QB injuries that undoubtedly helped us.

My hope is that a sold-out racous Dome with Alton and Kendall coming off the edge can control a young Clemson offensive line and negate Lawrence’s greatness. That, plus hopefully better LB play for us and a slight fall-off in DL play for them.

At bottom, a long shot but it’s so fun to be even having this conversation seriously. I’m dreaming.

Putting Georgia in is saying that the 20 point loss to LSU doesn’t matter.

Maybe it doesn’t, or shouldn’t.

Just make Bama, Clemson, Georgia the 3 teams every year. And rotate the 4th. Everyone gets a chance to be crushed.

He got jacked up.
Too bad concussions killed that segment.

Putting Georgia in is saying that the 20 point loss to LSU doesn’t matter.

Maybe it doesn’t, or shouldn’t.

Just make Bama, Clemson, Georgia the 3 teams every year. And rotate the 4th. Everyone gets a chance to be crushed.

It is also saying it is ok to play FCS teams. And that it is ok to have an OOC schedule of Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee State, UMass, and Georgia Tech. In addition they played 2 less P5 opponents than Ohio State and 1 less than Clemson and Oklahoma.

Georgia lost their playoff game when Alabama beat them. We didn't need to see that again. If Alabama loses to Clemson, Clemson beat the team that beat Georgia. If Alabama wins it all, they shouldn't have to do it by beating Georgia twice. The playoff was fine the way it was set up.

The point is that losses and recent games aside I’m fairly confident that UGa would’ve been a better matchup for either of these teams than Notre Dame or OU.

Yes, they have two losses. And they did just play, interestingly enough I was aware of both facts when I started this thread.

Let’s play it out differently. Georgia gets in over Notre Dame. Notre Dame wins an NY6 game to go undefeated.

It’s pretty irrelevant how the playoffs go from that point, the entire situation would have been a disputed fiasco. I guarantee Notre Dame would have had one of their shadow corporations printing up National Championship t-shirts - and Notre Dame fans would have made our reaction to missing the 2007 NCAA tournament seem tempered. I get people hating Notre Dame and wanting the worst for them...but that is an absolute worst case scenario for the sport.

An undefeated Notre Dame is getting into the playoff, because the possible reprecsssions of them NOT getting in are a disaster.

(True worst case would be Clemson winning, because Syracuse would be used in the comparative score game to “show” Notre Dame was better).

If there was ever a year for uga and ucf
Umm this was it

Better than Georgia Alabama rematch of a game we just saw a couple weeks ago in my opinion.
Patriots beat the Giants the last week of the regular season to go undefeated, then the Giants beat them in the rematch in the Super Bowl and it was an awesome game.

Rematches aren’t always bad.

Last edited:
It really is Clemson, Bama, Georgia and everybody else is playing a different sport.

I thought the committee made the only logical choices they could if they didn’t want to make a landscape changing decision on the way teams are selected for the CFP. Now that we’ve seen two sacrificial lambs get absolutely destroyed, maybe that changes moving forward.

Is it good or bad for CFB? I have no idea. I’m sure the rest of the country isn’t in love with College Football basically becoming a season long exhibition for 2-3 teams within 4 hours of each other.

That would be rewarding them for blowing a huge lead against Bama. Just hold on to the lead.

This is kind of a strange argument that people are making. It’s basically penalizing Georgia because they happen to have the best team in the country in their conference.

Maybe Georgia should petition to play Texas or Pittsburgh in the Sec Championship Game next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom