Unlimited Free Agency Proposed… | Syracusefan.com

Unlimited Free Agency Proposed…

How 'bout they play music and whoever doesn't have a school when the music stops can't play anymore.

What are they trying to do?

Edit: Are they thinking mid season? Mid semester?

I do wonder if academic requirements can be used as leverage to “sabotage” a player who wants to transfer. Professors may suddenly be told they need to be a little tougher.

Reminds me of this scene from Ghostbusters:

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?

Dr. Raymond Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.

Dr. Raymond Stantz:
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!

Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... MASS HYSTERIA!

Mayor: All right, all right! I get the point!

I do wonder if academic requirements can be used as leverage to “sabotage” a player who wants to transfer. Professors may suddenly be told they need to be a little tougher.
As a faculty member, I know exactly zero professors at any institution that would ever go along with something so unethical.

I'm betting the requirements that would prevent a transfer are the same as what would make a guy ineligible at his first school. No benefit to preventing a transfer if the player can't play next season anyway.

This is the logical conclusion of pretending the players are students and not employees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom