UNLV QB refuses to play rest of season | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

UNLV QB refuses to play rest of season

I bet they are wishing they did now.
I doubt they would've risked this over 100k. In the time I typed that, three jackoffs just bet that on a single hand of black jack a farts smell away from the ADs office.

I doubt they would've risked this over 100k. In the time I typed that, three jackoffs just bet that on a single hand of black jack a farts smell away from the ADs office.
You’re killing me here..

But yet it is about money, not being paid, so it is believable to me. Not sure those gamblers you mention care about giving to NIL.

Every state has different guidelines or don't have guidelines at all. It can be very confusing with no uniformity in this.
This is from a Michigan law firm, and describes how your NIL deal should be in writing.

Man between this, conference realignment, being ranked, and being our first road game who would have thought this much attention would be on little UNLV last off season?

I only have one question; am I going to Vegas next week to see a forfeit? Will they be able to field a team?

he's better than Shrader. I think you are miscalculating this by a very long amount.

He may be good enough for a Taysom Hill role in the NFL. He's a very good college qb. I mean FSU would take him tomorrow right now.
There were people on this board who were psyched when Chesney was the frontrunner for our HC job and thought Chesney was bringing Sluka with him.

Man between this, conference realignment, being ranked, and being our first road game who would have thought this much attention would be on little UNLV last off season?
They had some good runs when Randall Cunningham was their QB

There were people on this board who were psyched when Chesney was the frontrunner for our HC job and thought Chesney was bringing Sluka with him.
I was admittedly one of them. Then things got crazy with the Dan Mullen rumors and of course the rest is history with Fran. But for a few days this did look like the best option at the time.

I only have one question; am I going to Vegas next week to see a forfeit? Will they be able to field a team?
Your ticket will be accepted at any Las Vegas Sin game for the 2014-2015 season.

No they’re non binding verbal agreements similar to drug deals or buying a prostitute. The NCAA arranged it this way.

He chose one that didn’t pay up it’s his fault not NCAAs.

I hope he never plays again I don’t know where people are coming from rooting this nonsense on.

You realize that verbal agreements are ALSO legally binding, right? Because NIL deals have one major difference from drug deals and prostitutes - THEY ARE LEGAL.

Is your goal to make the most ridiculous posts possible to permanently undermine your credibility on these boards? If it is - mission accomplished!

Michael Allen becomes the second UNLV to announce he is sitting rest of season out and entering the transfer portal. Something is happening in UNLV
He said it has nothing to do with NIL.

Relatedly, for those spitting venom at Sluka (and all those selfish kids these days) THIS is the guy you should be pissed at.

Perfectly healthy, but quitting because poor baby didn’t get the carries he wanted last game. THAT is selfish loser behavior.

Strangely none of those moral crusaders have said a word.

You realize that verbal agreements are ALSO legally binding, right? Because NIL deals have one major difference from drug deals and prostitutes - THEY ARE LEGAL.

Is your goal to make the most ridiculous posts possible to permanently undermine your credibility on these boards? If it is - mission accomplished!
You can't enforce a verbal promise from an assistant coach who has no privity with the Collective.

In quick thought, the only cause of action may be against the coach personally. Probably not worth pursuing unless the coach texted him or put it in writing somehow.

Soooo then why are we here? I agree that $100K is nothing in the grand scheme. This QB is putting enough butts in seats for the Fresno State game alone to be worth that much.

You’re suggesting Sluka is lying about the $100K verbal promise?
Hey, speak for yourself! :)

I laughed. Also-- if you ignore that bolded detail they are the same!

Dude, seriously?

Look up college costs in 1980, adjusted for inflation. Then compare to college costs today, Look up what the median house price to median income ratio was 40 years ago, and compare that to today.

We - Silents, Booners, Gen X, and to an incredibly small degree millennials have absolutely screwed kids today. My biggest fear is that kids today figure that out - if they ever do there’s going to be hell to pay…

You are absolutely delusional with your head buried up your posterior if you think otherwise.
Cue the “I paid for college by sweeping up at a barber shop” posts.

What’s ridiculous about not being particularly bothered that a verbal financial agreement ended up coming up short. What about if Sluka was paid more and got an extra envelope somewhere does he have to return it. Why does it only work one way?

I don’t think there’s enough car dealerships and wealthy college sports fans out there to support this charade. They’re lucky to get anything until they can legally get direct TV money and the likes.

This is no different than Sluka hiring a lady of the night one Friday at the Wynn and her promising a 2 for 1 same time next week and him showing up and her not being there.

What’s ridiculous about not being particularly bothered that a verbal financial agreement ended up coming up short. What about if Sluka was paid more and got an extra envelope somewhere does he have to return it. Why does it only work one way?

I don’t think there’s enough car dealerships and wealthy college sports fans out there to support this charade. They’re lucky to get anything until they can legally get direct TV money and the likes.

This is no different than Sluka hiring a lady of the night one Friday at the Wynn and her promising a 2 for 1 same time next week and him showing up and her not being there.

You don’t have to be bothered - but comparing NIL agreements to drug deals and prostitution is objectively stupid. That you’re still doing it after I already pointed out why shows your impressive commitment to a factually untenable argument. So considering that your opinion is completely ignorant of the law (and reality), any conclusion you draw on any topic would not shock me. I’d be more shocked if you came to a conclusion on anything which made logical sense and would chalk it up to “sometimes a blind squirrel stumbles across a nut”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom