Urban Meyer Knew of Abuse Allegations Against Ohio State Coach in 2015 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Urban Meyer Knew of Abuse Allegations Against Ohio State Coach in 2015

3 week suspension for Meyer and 3 week suspension for AD Gene Smith.

What a joke.

I don't think their student body would have the courage / interest UNC did this week to go after this.

3 week suspension for Meyer and 3 week suspension for AD Gene Smith.

What a joke.
I wonder what they met for 10 hours about.

Should we fire him lol

He'll no

What do you guys want to watch?

Should we fire him lol

He'll no

The time was because Meyer didn’t want any suspension. The BoT was debating whether to give him something or nothing. Apparently it was the President who told the BoT he was giving him a suspension regardless what they did. As the President had final say. So they were probably debating whether to give it or not as the President would do it anyway.

Should we fire him lol

He'll no

We need Recaro seats in the dang trustees box. Oh, and Pepsi AND Coke...this is serious.

Should we fire him lol

He'll no

It's an odd situation. As much as these guys have to worry about, do they need to screen for home issues? If you told your boss you are having trouble at home with abuse, would he try and help you on a personal level or just run it up the line and make sure you see the door?

It's an odd situation. As much as these guys have to worry about, do they need to screen for home issues? If you told your boss you are having trouble at home with abuse, would he try and help you on a personal level or just run it up the line and make sure you see the door?
I understand that but this guy had so many red flags. Lets be honest if this guy wasn't earl Bruce's grandson he would have been canned years ago.

I understand that but this guy had so many red flags. Lets be honest if this guy wasn't earl Bruce's grandson he would have been canned years ago.

This may be the dumbest question ever, help me out BCuse. The suspension of course includes the rest of camp leading up to game #1? This would be a vital time he could catch up with his team.

Deleting all your texts after the story is published doesn't exactly sound like the actions of an innocent man. A 3 game suspension seems low for deleting potential evidence in and of itself.

Deleting all your texts after the story is published doesn't exactly sound like the actions of an innocent man. A 3 game suspension seems low for deleting potential evidence in and of itself.

Continued with the next two tweets...

So the report states that AD Gene Smith told Meyer to acknowledge the arrests in '09 and '15 at the Big Ten Media Day but Urban decided to basically blatantly lie. OSU's report frames this lie as being too engrossed into the upcoming football season and Meyer has memory lapses due to medicine he takes (despite having just been reminded recently in a text message). This has got to be a joke.

What a sham of an investigation and Urban Meyer should be fired (especially with his deletion of evidence). If I was an OSU alum I would be pushing for some turnover on the board. I honestly don't know if this could have been handled much worse.

So the report states that AD Gene Smith told Meyer to acknowledge the arrests in '09 and '15 at the Big Ten Media Day but Urban decided to basically blatantly lie. OSU's report frames this lie as being too engrossed into the upcoming football season and Meyer has memory lapses due to medicine he takes (despite having just been reminded recently in a text message). This has got to be a joke.

What a sham of an investigation and Urban Meyer should be fired (especially with his deletion of evidence). If I was an OSU alum I would be pushing for some turnover on the board. I honestly don't know if this could have been handled much worse.

agree with what you are saying, however was there every a shred of doubt in your mind that this type of meaningless punishment would be the result?

What a joke. Very little sympathy towards the victim. He acts like he doesn’t even know Zach Smith, lol! Smith has been with him for like 11 years and was once a walkon. There were reports I heard on the radio in Cleveland that, internally, Meyer was furious about the 3 games and felt he did nothing wrong. That he was really pushing back re: three games. He should feel lucky that it is only three!

https://watchstadium.com/news/zach-...s-staffer-nude-photos-white-house-08-17-2018/

The original story for those who want a direct link. (you gotta fix the spaces between the S and the E and the X.)

The thought of Brett McMurphy going through Zach Smith's White House d8ck pics in great detail and verifying them against Smith's wedding ring, tie, and suit for the White House reception made me laugh out loud.

This story gets more and more bizarre.

Edit: After thinking about the story for a few minutes, I really think that McMurphy is going for trash journalism here and maybe getting personal vengeance with Smith. The story now is what did and didn't Urban know and did Urban act on that information appropriately. It's not Urban's job to know what people have in their Amazon packages, what their personal kinks are, and if they are having an affair. The only relevant piece of the story is if Urban knew Smith was hooking up with a staffer (which Urban probably didn't) and if he acted appropriately if he knew.

I always thought McMurphy was a classic CFB journalist, but, after digesting that bizarre article, posting someone's personal Amazon purchases makes me think less of him.

I agree about McMurphy. Ego. Definitely personal. He admitted that he didn’t even reach out to to the human beings on the other side of his story. Not even for comment. That’s standard practice afaik but he had to be first to break the story. This article looks at his overzealous approach.

Brett McMurphy, Writing With Redemption Or Destruction?

Myers demeanor, word choices and tone strongly suggests he doesn't care about domestic violence or the victim. He can't even answer a yes or no question when asked if he agreed with the 3 game suspension. He is very fortunate he didn't get fired for cause with zero dollars. A shameful situation made further shameful by his embarrassing press conference. Just another disgusting situation at a big 10 school.