USA East Coast Basketball trip with Benny Williams | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

USA East Coast Basketball trip with Benny Williams

Game over. I missed a few mins when he was in so my stats could be a bit low. But I had him with 10 pts 5 rebs and 2 steals.
I didn’t watch it. What’s your overall assessment, yesterday to today? Personally I’m looking for a sense of presence on the floor, an Alpha ‘tude like “Im the baddest mf’er on the floor”.
Benny seems to lack self confidence. Don’t know if he had it taken away from him after last year, or he never had in the first place.

Last edited:
I watched most of the first half and honestly everyone looked terrible. Made me think we shouldn’t read too much into these games. Sounds like Benny turned it on after I had to shut it off, which is great.

I didn’t watch it. What’s your overall assessment, yesterday to today? Personally I’m looking for a sense of presence on the floor, an Alpha ‘tude like “Im the baddest mf’er on the floor”.
Benny seems to lack self confidence. Don’t know if he had taken away from him after last year, or he never had in the first place.

If you go to the FB page at least some of it is on there. I ran through his segments and he was more comfortable in this one. I don't see an Alpha mentality but he was active and seemed to have more purpose. Missed a bunny he needs to dunk but was better than yesterday. I will say seemed todays team was a good bit weaker than yesterday's from what I saw. He definitely is better as a perimeter or help defender than he is going 1on1 in the post vs a big. Sounds like after he came back from the live feed cut he had some really nice posessions.

Game over. I missed a few mins when he was in so my stats could be a bit low. But I had him with 10 pts 5 rebs and 2 steals.
Thanks for the info Bees. Appreciate it.

It is a shame the PS and the rest of the local media appears to be ignoring coverage of these games.

Even a few quotes from phone interviews or text messages from the coach and Benny would be great. And official box scores, if they exist.

Benny seems to lack self confidence. Don’t know if he had it taken away from him after last year, or he never had in the first place.

Both days his 1st qtrs were bad. Seemed disinterested and wasn’t aggressive, just floating around. Little better yesterday after that first qtr but today he turned it up a notch. 2nd half he was more aggressive and decided a couple times he was gonna get his. Twice he got defensive rebounds and just took off dribbling the length of the court. First time he got fouled and made both FTs. Second time he got all the way to the basket, was challenged on the layup and missed but hung with it and made the putback. Then there was the offensive one handed rebound that he dunked all in one motion.

Both days his 1st qtrs were bad. Seemed disinterested and wasn’t aggressive, just floating around. Little better yesterday after that first qtr but today he turned it up a notch. 2nd half he was more aggressive and decided a couple times he was gonna get his. Twice he got defensive rebounds and just took off dribbling the length of the court. First time he got fouled and made both FTs. Second time he got all the way to the basket, was challenged on the layup and missed but hung with it and made the putback. Then there was the offensive one handed rebounded that he dunked all in onpossessions.

Sucks there is no replay of when he really picked things up. That is who he needs to be though.

Roberson or Blackwell would be fantastic if he improved that much… you guys have some short memories. Sure, Roberson was limited but he also pulled down 21 boards at Duke while getting the kicked out of him and hanmering down a top 10 cuse dunk of all time. Robey had limitations but he was a pretty decent college player.

Roberson or Blackwell would be fantastic if he improved that much… you guys have some short memories. Sure, Roberson was limited but he also pulled down 21 boards at Duke while getting the kicked out of him and hanmering down a top 10 cuse dunk of all time. Robey had limitations but he was a pretty decent college player.
Loved Roberson, and yes he dominated that upset win.
I think the reference is more in line with personality rather than as a player. I always felt that Robbie was one that JB terribly mishandled. He was a shell of himself his final year, lacking confidence, assertiveness, presence, you name it. And publically getting thrown under the bus did not help.
If Benny brings Robbie 2.0, I’d gladly take it!

For those who watched, how would you say the competition was for the past two games?

For those who watched, how would you say the competition was for the past two games?

Watching as much as is out there competition was not good but decent yesterday. Today a bit weaker.

Not very good imo.

Not very good imo.

Neither passed the looks test but yesterday's team seem to be capable running an offense and moved the ball well while also having some shooters. Today's team meh.

Found out that a few weeks ago Benny played in a Kenner league game. The Kenner league is a summer league in DC where local college players and former college players play in. Jerami Grant played in the same game. Benny had 11 and 6. Was also told Mintz played in one game this summer but struggled with his shooting going something like 2-10.

This will certainly be interesting to watch this year. I still can’t believe how inept Benny was last year. Basically any single positive thing happening while he is on the floor will be a big improvement over last year but we of course want so much more from him. If he can relax, get comfortable, or get locked in/aggressive it will be a big step along the way for him.

Found out that a few weeks ago Benny played in a Kenner league game. The Kenner league is a summer league in DC where local college players and former college players play in. Jerami Grant played in the same game. Benny had 11 and 6. Was also told Mintz played in one game this summer but struggled with his shooting going something like 2-10.

11 and 6 is the sweet spot for Benny this year. Glad Judah is getting in some time too. 2-10 isn't great scoring wise but barring the Oak Hill games against top competition being a mirage not worried about him at all.

Glad to hear Benny got after it to get his. This year's team has to hunker down on defense first and foremost and run. With that said they won't be out there shooting 48 pct from 3 most nights so guys have to be aggressive i.e. Benny. Reduce the margin of error on the defensive end getting easy buckets in transition.

297904882_10119433539727453_6565983316511246629_n.jpg

Take those numbers all day long
Hopefully with the confidence of having a long lease as the most experienced forward on the team, we see the Duke numbers more often than not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom