USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

I already accepted the fact that Clemson , FSU and couple others will be leaving soon. Would not shock me at all if announcement happens fairly soon. I have no inside info but you know it’s coming .
I think that's the key to our short term stability. If the dam around some combination of Clemson, FSU, Miami, and VT holds then we are OK for a while.

If it does not, The B10 will have lots of options that don't include SU and the SEC won't be interested at all.

Within 4-5 years we will be explaining the Legend Formerly Known As the Legend of 44 to people in Ames, Iowa. Assuming of course that they aren't hobnobbing with new friends in Pullman, Washington in which case we are totally screwed.

Currently, ND is bound to the ACC for football if they join a conference. What would happen if they join the ACC and then say goodbye?

My Ohio St buddy is saying that the scoop on the Ohio St boards is that Wash and Oregon are next.

Question for those who have followed this a lot closer than i have... the NCAA makes over 80% of its revenue annually from March Madness, which by the way was $1.13 billion in 2021. If the NCAA goes the way of the Dodo Bird, that is nearly $1 billion generated solely from basketball just floating out there. Doesn't this potential billion provide motivation to eliminate the NCAA? And, wouldn't basketball schools be worth more with the NCAA dissolved then they were valued previously?

I know this may be unpopular, but honestly, I kinda hope (and I probably don't have to hope cause it's just reality) that Syracuse doesn't go to the Big 10 or SEC.

I would rather see Syracuse be a strong team with the "LEFTOVERS" (my new term to describe the non-SEC and non-Big 10 teams) then be a last-place team in the SEC/Big10.

Winning a conference championship vs regional teams will be interesting to follow. It will be like rooting for your old high school team after you graduate. I would rather be in that situation than get blown out each week in one of these mega conferences and always finish in last place. That will get old real fast and won't be worth following.

And for basketball, hey I saw them win a Championship in 2003 and I will just have to cherish that memory and understand the world of college athletics changed and it is what it is.

Now that the Big East, Big 12 and Pac 12 have been destroyed, credit to the ACC for being the last surviving formerly major conference. That’s quite an accomplishment.

That may not last through the summer, of course.

Now that the Big East, Big 12 and Pac 12 have been destroyed, credit to the ACC for being the last surviving formerly major conference. That’s quite an accomplishment.

That may not last through the summer, of course.
Somewhere, Martin Niemoller is shaking his head

I think that's the key to our short term stability. If the dam around some combination of Clemson, FSU, Miami, and VT holds then we are OK for a while.

If it does not, The B10 will have lots of options that don't include SU and the SEC won't be interested at all.

Within 4-5 years we will be explaining the Legend Formerly Known As the Legend of 44 to people in Ames, Iowa. Assuming of course that they aren't hobnobbing with new friends in Pullman, Washington in which case we are totally screwed.
If we get left behind I want to be in a conference of mainly Northeast teams. Let us play BC, UConn, Pitt, Temple, West Virginia. Some Florida leftovers like Miami, UCF, USF. Maybe Cincy. Maybe Army and Navy. I prefer ECU over Wake but maybe Duke for BBall.

Any merging idea IMO is short sighted.

If we get left behind I want to be in a conference of mainly Northeast teams. Let us play BC, UConn, Pitt, Temple, West Virginia. Some Florida leftovers like Miami, UCF, USF. Maybe Cincy. Maybe Army and Navy. I prefer ECU over Wake but maybe Duke for BBall.

Any merging idea IMO is short sighted.
I have no desire to see us play in a revamped Yankee conference.

We disagree. I want no part of a small eastern league.
So small national is better? The 2005-2012 Big East plus BC and Miami isn’t better than playing Iowa State, Kansas State, BYU?

So small national is better? The 2005-2012 Big East plus BC and Miami isn’t better than playing Iowa State, Kansas State, BYU?
Miami isn't going to be in our play pen. And to be national is better than to be regional in my book.