USMNT soccer team thread | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulisic with beautiful cross to Auba for an assist. Great start to the season.

Youngest foreign player to 6 goals in the Bundesliga.

Wow.. it is incredible the quality this kid has. That goal was world class in the sense he needed no delay in reacting to the opening. Another great thing is you can see his physique is maturing as well helping him to deal with defenders better. If Mckennie can really start to blossom as another box to box player for the future .. it is truly looking like the real arrival of American soccer talent vs just a flash in the pan.

Mckennie in for Schalke. Tells those little boys to get off him. Nice little sequence.

Mckennie in for Schalke. Tells those little boys to get off him. Nice little sequence.

Physicality is shades of J Jones. Very promising cameo. Hope he gets more opportunities. Mckennie, Brooks, Miazga, Carter-Vickers... lot of young talent on a critical part of the pitch.

Pulisic starts for BVB vs. Hertha Berlin today for those interested. Game 12:30 Eastern on FS1

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...l-world-cup-qualifiers-vs-costa-rica-honduras

A few thoughts:

1 - I thought Hedges absolutely blew his shot during the Gold Cup. I'm a big fan of him an Zimmerman in the MLS, but I'm surprised he got the call up.

2 - Wondo got a call, but I have no idea why. It's not an inexperienced forwards group, they don't need veteran leadership and he's simply not a great player anymore.

3 - Roldan is a good player to take a look at. He's been solid for Seattle.

4 - Eventually we're gonna have to get younger at goalkeeper. There are 3 or 4 that I wouldn't hate to have called in. As much as I love Rimando and think he's a legend for his club, he's taken a step back and it's time to start calling in some of our 3 or 4 younger heirs to start getting them ready for primetime.

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...l-world-cup-qualifiers-vs-costa-rica-honduras

A few thoughts:

1 - I thought Hedges absolutely blew his shot during the Gold Cup. I'm a big fan of him an Zimmerman in the MLS, but I'm surprised he got the call up.

2 - Wondo got a call, but I have no idea why. It's not an inexperienced forwards group, they don't need veteran leadership and he's simply not a great player anymore.

3 - Roldan is a good player to take a look at. He's been solid for Seattle.

4 - Eventually we're gonna have to get younger at goalkeeper. There are 3 or 4 that I wouldn't hate to have called in. As much as I love Rimando and think he's a legend for his club, he's taken a step back and it's time to start calling in some of our 3 or 4 younger heirs to start getting them ready for primetime.

Very surprised at no Timmy Chandler with Yedlin out with injury. Guess we will be seeing Zusi...

Very surprised at no Timmy Chandler with Yedlin out with injury. Guess we will be seeing Zusi...

Any word on how Chandler has been playing? I was never overly impressed with him, so he's kinda fell off my personal radar of players to check in on.

Chandler's club team hates his international duty travel. It wouldn't shock me with Klinsmann gone and he was a Klinsmann guy he didn't get called for that reason.

We beat Costa Rica on Friday we are going to russia barring a complete choke.
We need 3 points in these 2 games.

Any word on how Chandler has been playing? I was never overly impressed with him, so he's kinda fell off my personal radar of players to check in on.

Chandler is our best RB other than Yedlin IMO. Unless Fab Johnson starts playing defense again..

His effort has been questioned under the USMNT, but played very well in Bundesliga last year as RWB

I don't feel good about tonight
We just beat this team minus Navas in the Gold Cup semifinals.

USA will win 1-0 tonight. Pulisic assists the game winner to Duece to bring Donovan's record.

You nailed it from texts it appears our passing was atrocious.
Costa Rica realllllllllly wanted tonight

It was personal for them

I just felt like we were playing with fire lately.

And we beat them when they were under manned.

Costa Rica realllllllllly wanted tonight

It was personal for them

I just felt like we were playing with fire lately.

And we beat them when they were under manned.

They are still undermanned. They are snakebit with injuries this year.

Unfortunately, when you go down early in CONCACAF qualifying, you'll need to find a way to get past the parked bus. We just couldn't figure it out today, and it obviously frustrated the hell out of a lot of our players.

Chandler is our best RB other than Yedlin IMO. Unless Fab Johnson starts playing defense again..

His effort has been questioned under the USMNT, but played very well in Bundesliga last year as RWB

Chandler sucks. He's been overweight for a fullback for as long as he's played for the US. Eric Lichaj is a better right back.

Chandler sucks. He's been overweight for a fullback for as long as he's played for the US. Eric Lichaj is a better right back.

To each their own, Lichaj has Graham Zusi starting over him right now. He's made many team of the weeks in the Bundesliga. Lichaj I don't believe starts this season for his championship league team.

Last edited:
Costa Rica looked much faster than our boys. They were all over us wherever the ball was on the field. We were outplayed in every facet. Worst game I've seen from Howard in a long time. That first goal was as much on him as it was Ream. The second goal was crappy defense and uncalled for at this level. We looked like a JV team out there.

Costa Rica looked much faster than our boys. They were all over us wherever the ball was on the field. We were outplayed in every facet. Worst game I've seen from Howard in a long time. That first goal was as much on him as it was Ream. The second goal was crappy defense and uncalled for at this level. We looked like a JV team out there.

Howard's positioning on that goal was poor. Not good from Timmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.