USMNT soccer team thread | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do seemed organized as well as their keeper is playing with a TON of confidence right now. Will be a interesting game for sure. The last couple games we gave up some opportunities to score that should have been goals. I would love to limit those opportunities from our mistakes and make them create their own.

Jamaica's speed on the counter is scary but we actually have some physical players to win battles in the box. Mexico tried to dance around and didn't create many real clear chances despite their possession. It definitely won't be easy but I like the matchup.

Anybody concerned about Jamaica tonight? They did get us last time, and they are a very athletic team. Their new coach has them well organized defensively, and their goalkeeper, Blake, has been playing out of his mind in this tournament.

I do not think this is going to be a walk-over. I think it is going to take time to break them down. First goal is huge in this game. If Jamaica gets it, we may have trouble coming back against them without somebody like Pulisic in the lineup. I think I would hold Dempsey back again in this game, because even he is going to have some trouble with these guys if he has to go 90 minutes.
Hey IMatt, how important is this 'Championship'??

how do you rank this in terms of World Cup being #1, and then...

Forza and Alsacs feel free to jump in.

with the Yanks up big in the afternoon here, ill be in a good mood looking for something to watch tonight...and this will be it.

Anybody concerned about Jamaica tonight? They did get us last time, and they are a very athletic team. Their new coach has them well organized defensively, and their goalkeeper, Blake, has been playing out of his mind in this tournament.

I do not think this is going to be a walk-over. I think it is going to take time to break them down. First goal is huge in this game. If Jamaica gets it, we may have trouble coming back against them without somebody like Pulisic in the lineup. I think I would hold Dempsey back again in this game, because even he is going to have some trouble with these guys if he has to go 90 minutes.

Extremely worried about pace on the wings. Especially if Zusi starts. Mattock will make him look like a snail. Should be fun to watch. I suspect they will cede possession and try to hit on the counter

Yes

Watching Jamaica Mexico now

Mexico played soft and unsure ... Hesitant

Jamaica knows what they do best and keep plugging at that

Need to be disciplined

with the Yanks up big in the afternoon here, ill be in a good mood looking for something to watch tonight...and this will be it.

World Cup is the college football play-off.

Euros and Copa America is the BCS Bowls.

Gold Cup is the...Cherry Bowl...

Not so sure about that back 4. Glad Acosta and his athleticism are in. Let's do this
IMG_0501.JPG

Thanks...and wow.

It's certainly not a Jack night then.

Not even a beer night.

Wine it is...

I think a more fitting analogy would be college basketball.

World Cup is NCAA tourney, euro and copa are like ACC and Big 10 tourneys. Gold cup is the AAC tourney

Jamaica's speed on the counter is scary but we actually have some physical players to win battles in the box. Mexico tried to dance around and didn't create many real clear chances despite their possession. It definitely won't be easy but I like the matchup.

Thought that counter speed was going to be our undoing in the second half. Rasta Boys looked dangerous there a couple times. Not sure about the offside call before the Dempsey on the other end.

Good to earn some hardware tonight. Bruce has done well thus far in the WC '18 cycle.

In my opinion, it's like winning your conference in basketball, and the US is like North Carolina and Mexico is Duke. Jamaica is like Florida State or Miami - good defensive players, lots of athleticism, could spring an upset.

I think a more fitting analogy would be college basketball.

World Cup is NCAA tourney, euro and copa are like ACC and Big 10 tourneys. Gold cup is the AAC tourney

I thought about that but the Euros and the Copa America, especially the Euros, mean a lot more than a conference championship in hoops.

In college hoops, everything else is nice but only the dance matters.

The Cherry Bowl here is exciting...

Hey, even minor bowls can be great games...remember the Holiday Bowl back in the day?

So, I completely missed the Costa Rica game because I thought it was on Sunday but I did DVR'd the Jamaica game.

No idea what I did but I sat down to watch it from the start last night and it started recording at the 92:37 mark - so I got to see the last 23 seconds...

So, I'm going to have to start being that guy that asks what day, what channel and can someone help me DVR the game...

Just giving you a heads up...

Watching the games since Arena returned has been great to see players re emerge. Have to credit Klinnsman for stirring up the sand in the development leagues and getting the dual citizen German Americans into the program. His demise was similar to the German National team with a lack of cohesion and tactical consistency.

Have to say how much I love Nagbe's game. His ability to attack 1 v 1 and keep the ball is a really rare skill set for an American player. Only Dempsey, pulisic and he have this in their toolkit when in heavy traffic.. and then maybe Fabian Johnson at times. Nagbe's speed however separates him even more. If he could add that final touch to turn the pressure into more assists and goals look out. Our American version of Arjen Robben (poor man's version of course).

On another note another player who is intriguing is Joe Corona. If he could just complete his game to be more of a CAM than just a CM he could be a huge asset. So crafty in tight spaces but his first touch in the final 3rd is awful at times and he just can't seem to stay in good form.

Final player that intrigues me is Rowe. I think he is a far better winger on the attack than zardes if he can become a better defender. Extremely skilled and really has a gifted ability to play dangerous balls into the box as well as an ability to score from that position.

Jordan Morris is like a poor man's Wayne Rooney, without the street cred. He's short of stature but built like a Mack Truck. Rooney would win more bar fights, though. ;)

Kudos to Bruce Arena for the impact he has had. I always liked him as a coach. I don't miss Klinsmann's ego.

USA player transfer news.
If Liverpool sells Philip Countino to Barcelona. Then Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp would want Christian Pulisic as his replacement.

Liverpool would sell a ton of Pulisic jerseys in America.

So keep an eye on Barcelona and Neymar. This stuff will trickle down.
IMO it Barcelona loses Neymar they will get Countino. If Liverpool loses Countino then Pulisic makes sense.

USA player transfer news.
If Liverpool sells Philip Countino to Barcelona. Then Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp would want Christian Pulisic as his replacement.

Liverpool would sell a ton of Pulisic jerseys in America.

So keep an eye on Barcelona and Neymar. This stuff will trickle down.
IMO it Barcelona loses Neymar they will get Countino. If Liverpool loses Countino then Pulisic makes sense.

Really hope he doesn't go BPL yet

Really hope he doesn't go BPL yet
Neymar is going to PSG. So now Barcelona has a huge hole and wants Countino.

If Barcelona offers a stupid amount of money like 150 million dollars they could get Countino.
Liverpool could probably get Pulisic for 30-40 million and sign more depth for the champions league.

It will be interesting now to see if Barca can get Countino.

Status
Not open for further replies.