USMNT soccer team thread | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neymar is going to PSG. So now Barcelona has a huge hole and wants Countino.

If Barcelona offers a stupid amount of money like 150 million dollars they could get Countino.
Liverpool could probably get Pulisic for 30-40 million and sign more depth for the champions league.

It will be interesting now to see if Barca can get Countino.

I've heard a couple replacements other than coutinho as well.. but who knows at this point

I think Dortmund will want more than that for Pulisic they are trying to get 30ish for Emre Mor

Wes Mckennie played the second 45 for Shalke vs. Crystal Palace today. Had some good moments with a chip ball to a teammate who should have score on a one-time strike.

Should get minutes this year in Bundesliga.

Dortmund vs. Bayern at 2:30 ET. Pulisic expected to start up top with Aubamayang and Dembele

Starts! Dortmund fielding a strong team, but not expecting much with how they've been playing under the new manager.

Burki, Zagadou, Bartra, Dembele, Sahin, Aubameyang, Dahoud, Pulisic, Sokatratis, Piszczek, Castro

------GOAT---Auba--Dembele-----
---------Sahin--Dahoud--Castro----
Piszczek--Sokratis--Bartra--Zagadou

Last edited:
Coutinho to Barcelona for 90 million Euros.

Now who will Liverpool get to replace him?
Pulisic could be moving to England.

If I'm Liverpool I'd spend that money on Dembele if I was going to swipe any young talent from the Dortmund ranks.

Dembele is wanted by Real Madrid.
I feel like it'd be easier to list teams that don't want him but if they get seriously involved it'll be hard to say no to them. I'd prefer to keep them both in the Bundesliga as it'd be fun to have Dortmund at full strength to fully challenge Bayern (yes I say this even as a Bayern fan).

I feel like it'd be easier to list teams that don't want him but if they get seriously involved it'll be hard to say no to them. I'd prefer to keep them both in the Bundesliga as it'd be fun to have Dortmund at full strength to fully challenge Bayern (yes I say this even as a Bayern fan).
I get that. Just like Mbappe at Monaco being wanted by everyone.
I do think Dembele and Mbappe one will land at Barcelona and the other at Real Madrid. Unless PSG somehow doesn't violate FFP and can afford Mbappe.

Bayern wants Alexis Sanchez but Wegner won't sell him.

I do Liverpool buying someone like a Dembele, Pulisic or maybe your boys will sell Douglas Costa.

Losing Coutinho is a killer for Liverpool. They will have to buy a quality replacement.

I get that. Just like Mbappe at Monaco being wanted by everyone.
I do think Dembele and Mbappe one will land at Barcelona and the other at Real Madrid. Unless PSG somehow doesn't violate FFP and can afford Mbappe.

Bayern wants Alexis Sanchez but Wegner won't sell him.

I do Liverpool buying someone like a Dembele, Pulisic or maybe your boys will sell Douglas Costa.

Losing Coutinho is a killer for Liverpool. They will have to buy a quality replacement.
I think the Sanchez interest is over now that we got James for basically nothing. Costa has already moved on to Juve but I don't think he was physically strong enough to survive in England. If we come out of the gates struggling to score like we have in the preseason the interest could ramp up in January, but I just don't see us adding another attacker unless Lewandowski got hurt.

I'm really confused by the news around Coutihno. I see ESPN reporting that the deal is done and Barcelona has sent people to Liverpool to make it official. Meanwhile other sources are saying Liverpool is refusing to even discuss Coutihno and that the idea that Barcelona has traveled to Liverpool is news to them lol.

I'm really confused by the news around Coutihno. I see ESPN reporting that the deal is done and Barcelona has sent people to Liverpool to make it official. Meanwhile other sources are saying Liverpool is refusing to even discuss Coutihno and that the idea that Barcelona has traveled to Liverpool is news to them lol.
Once the player has agreed with the team then Liverpool will have little choice.
Coutihno doesn't have a release clause but Liverpool would be really stupid to hold onto a player that wants to move on. Liverpool just needs to find a replacement and get as much money as they can.

Neymar has really shockwaved multiple teams. Whomever Liverpool gets will have to react onward.
I wouldn't mind Pulisic on Liverpool if he would get first team minutes. Liverpool will likely be in the champions league as long as they beat their German opponent.

Once the player has agreed with the team then Liverpool will have little choice.
Coutihno doesn't have a release clause but Liverpool would be really stupid to hold onto a player that wants to move on. Liverpool just needs to find a replacement and get as much money as they can.

Neymar has really shockwaved multiple teams. Whomever Liverpool gets will have to react onward.
I wouldn't mind Pulisic on Liverpool if he would get first team minutes. Liverpool will likely be in the champions league as long as they beat their German opponent.

It sounds like whether or not Coutihno is even interested in Barcelona depends on who you ask though lol. Sources in Barcelona are saying the deal has been agreed to, and Liverpool FC has agreed to it as well. Meanwhile sources in England are saying Coutihno will remain in Liverpool and that there have been zero discussions with Barcelona. ESPN is saying Barcelona is literally in England right now getting the paperwork done while other sources are saying Barcelona is actually in Germany trying to sign Dembele because their interest in Coutihno was rejected. Soccer transfer news is so difficult to follow relative to American sports.

It sounds like whether or not Coutihno is even interested in Barcelona depends on who you ask though lol. Sources in Barcelona are saying the deal has been agreed to, and Liverpool FC has agreed to it as well. Meanwhile sources in England are saying Coutihno will remain in Liverpool and that there have been zero discussions with Barcelona. ESPN is saying Barcelona is literally in England right now getting the paperwork done while other sources are saying Barcelona is actually in Germany trying to sign Dembele because their interest in Coutihno was rejected. Soccer transfer news is so difficult to follow relative to American sports.
I don't think Coutinho goes anywhere THIS year... he seems to have too much integrity to force a transfer. Also its a world cup year so I doubt he wants to make any drastic moves that might jeopardize his spot on the team like sitting on the bench at Barca. Next year is a whole other ball of wax.

Overall as a Liverpool fan I LOVE Klopp... but I think his transfer strategy is hurting the team. He put all his eggs in the Keita/VVD/Salah basket and only went 1 for 3. I guarantee you at some point this year Henderson will be hurt and I don't see Can as a good like for like replacement. Lovren is in over his head and their LB situation scares me. Still not enough depth in the midfield and defense yet Klopp says he can't find any players?

If I'm Liverpool I'd spend that money on Dembele if I was going to swipe any young talent from the Dortmund ranks.

Dembele isn't a natural CAM he's a winger IMO. Isn't coutinho more of a central player for Liverpool?

I think most project Pulisic as a central attacker as he progresses and continues to get stronger.

Liverpool scouts were watching Pulisic when he scored vs. Bayern this past weekend

Dembele isn't a natural CAM he's a winger IMO. Isn't coutinho more of a central player for Liverpool?

I think most project Pulisic as a central attacker as he progresses and continues to get stronger.
Pulisic definitely projects more as a CAM but Dembele can play on the wing or tuck into the middle. Dortmund counters so fast that even when Dembele starts out wide he usually drifts inside and can pick a pass better than Pulisic. I just can't imagine how Dortmund can part with either one when Gotze and Reus can't stay on the field, but money talks. Have a feeling Pulisic is a more realistic option as Dembele seems destined for Barca as a Neymar replacement or Real.

Pulisic definitely projects more as a CAM but Dembele can play on the wing or tuck into the middle. Dortmund counters so fast that even when Dembele starts out wide he usually drifts inside and can pick a pass better than Pulisic. I just can't imagine how Dortmund can part with either one when Gotze and Reus can't stay on the field, but money talks. Have a feeling Pulisic is a more realistic option as Dembele seems destined for Barca as a Neymar replacement or Real.

Dembele is a great young talent no doubt, and he does tuck in quite a bit when there is space. Still don't think he'd be as successful centrally full-time. Just my opinion. I don't think he is great in combination play with teammates. He is a fantastic individual dribbler and does play some great final balls to Auba.

As you said Dembele more likely to Barca.

If you're not watching, the US Open Cup is fantastic!

Last edited:
Pulisic has rejected Liverpool.
Apparently his dream move is to one of Barcelona or Real Madrid.
Being that he's only 19 years old he could get better and appeal to one of those two giants.
John Brooks tore some muscles in his leg he's out three months. Hopefully he can get healthy and be fit in January or February so that he play in the World Cup.
We're going to be with out him for the World Cup qualifiers we will probably see Omar Gonzalez and Geoff Cameron in the middle.

Being that he's only 19 years old he could get better and appeal to one of those two giants.
John Brooks tore some muscles in his leg he's out three months. Hopefully he can get healthy and be fit in January or February so that he play in the World Cup.
We're going to be with out him for the World Cup qualifiers we will probably see Omar Gonzalez and Geoff Cameron in the middle.

Puli isn't 19 yet :)

Yedlin is also hurt

I like that Pulisic is likely staying where he is. Dortmund has been excellent for him and I don't think it will hurt him to stick around in a situation on a top-25 team in the world where he is trusted and getting some serious minutes.

Pulisic expected to start tomorrow. Rumored that Mckennie will start for Schalke.

Status
Not open for further replies.