UVA -9.5 over Cuse….. | Syracusefan.com

UVA -9.5 over Cuse…..

are we gonna score more than 50 is the question..
Worst case is we can't get in transition at all, they suffocate us in the half court and we have nothing for the mover blocker and the score is like 38-20 at the half. Then we would press the hell out of them in the second half and sneak to 50 points. I don't think that scenario is too crazy.

I hope we just press and run every chance we get from the jump. Otherwise I'm nervous my Saturday is going to have a chitty start.

As we all know, Tony Bennett owned JB. Bennetts teams would almost always control the tempo and slow the game down to a maddeningly methodical pace. It will be a great sign if Red can flip the script, turn this into a bit of a track meet and use our athletes to our advantage.

Clark is gone. He was SU Kryptonyte.

Will be lowscoring game and winner will be by less than 6 points. It would be a nice win. Issue is rebounding and can we not allow offensive glass from UVA. We were succesfull if we controlled the boards against this team.

We have the athleticism to hang but let’s be honest if they slow down Judah it’s gonna be very tough for us to win. Maybe the other guards will actually do something?
Maybe it is time for Q to pick up the slack and have the pieces fall in place. He might "unpack" the line!!!

As Frankie indicated, Bennett will do everything he can to take Judah out of the game. If he's successful, we are toast unless some other players who haven't done much step up.

Virginia is a bad rebounding team too. I think they’re a negative 4.4 rebounds a game. They’re also not a great three point shooting team. I’m not sure what to expect. I worry we get impatient on offense and take a lot if bad shots. We need to quicken them up and get them playing a little loose. I could see us winning a close game or losing by 15.

As we all know, Tony Bennett owned JB. Bennetts teams would almost always control the tempo and slow the game down to a maddeningly methodical pace. It will be a great sign if Red can flip the script, turn this into a bit of a track meet and use our athletes to our advantage.
2016 cough cough

Kind of makes me sad and upset at the same time. A lot of times players come out flat for a noon game, but hopefully our guys also have a lot of emotion and come ready to play. Pretty excited to see if we can get this game into the 70's.
One good thing as others have posted are that Taylor is extremely local and Brown is one town over. They’ll be jacked for sure. A jacked Taylor and Brown may be just what we need!!

Virg had played good teams.. the three they won they won the TO battle and still got killed on the boards because teams struggle to get off shots. Still Florida had to shoot 14-24 from the line to lose that game.

They do not rebound at all but we don't attack the boards. Maybe the ball will just roll out of bounds a lot.

Still when you look at the P5 type games they only scored above 65 one time and the last 2 were in the 50s. That would mean they expect us to score 40-45.

The play a small lineup much of the time and spread the min out. The 2 bigs only play 15-20min so it will be interesting to see what they do when we start big and Brown coming in will not be playing vs a true big either.

Yeah this is probably gonna be a tough game. Juda most likely will not get anywhere near the calls he's been getting playing against a very good defensive team in their house. If he can't get to the line with the regularity he has been this year I think we're really going to struggle scoring

breaker breaker we got a niner point fiver ?

Respect is what I want
Respect is what I need

One good thing as others have posted are that Taylor is extremely local and Brown is one town over. They’ll be jacked for sure. A jacked Taylor and Brown may be just what we need!!
Taylor chipping in 6-10 points would be huge for us and might lead to a win. He’s been excellent all around this year but scored 0 in the 2 tough games like this in Hawaii.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom