VaTech gametime? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

VaTech gametime?

Yeah the ACC used to have many Saturdays of two games on ABC, that is in the past. The ACC now has Saturdays with no ABC games like what I’m seeing for next week.
Clemson's first week debacle, FSUs collapse, and Miami's weak schedule all impact the ABC scheduling. Also, lets be real the Vandy - Bama and Arkansas - Tenn game brought on a lot of casual interest as to how good those teams are, they will get some national spots out of it.

Yeah the ACC used to have many Saturdays of two games on ABC, that is in the past. The ACC now has Saturdays with no ABC games like what I’m seeing for next week.
It's ridiculous. ABC is the SEC network now. One of the things I've preferred about college sports over the NFL is the variety. The variety of match ups, who the top teams are, and the variety of who you see on TV. As conferences have increased the number of conference games, the money gap has widened, and networks have hitched their wagons to specific conferences and schools, that has all changed. College football becomes less fun the more the powers that be ruin it. I find myself shifting more and more to the NFL.

It's ridiculous. ABC is the SEC network now. One of the things I've preferred about college sports over the NFL is the variety. The variety of match ups, who the top teams are, and the variety of who you see on TV. As conferences have increased the number of conference games, the money gap has widened, and networks have hitched their wagons to specific conferences and schools, that has all changed. College football becomes less fun the more the powers that be ruin it. I find myself shifting more and more to the NFL.
NFL is just consistent.

No regular season games are better than Oregon Ohio State was last week opposite ours.

There should be a way to let the times be announced but networks trade last second from nooners or 330s or 7-8 starts.

Moving a 7pm ESPN kick to 8 ACC on Friday evening won't change anyone's plans.

This feels like a 3:30 or Noon game to be honest. Really hoping to avoid a nooner but I wouldn't be shocked if much like Gatech the ACC made this a noon game unfortunatley to draw some eyeballs early.

Noon used to be the Big East game of the week slot for the **itbirds (i.e. us) and Big 10 2nd tier matchups on the two ESPNs. Now it's become way more of a prime slot for TV.

That said, it feels like Louisville/Clemson will get that. Clemson brings more eyeballs. If not that, then Miami-Duke because an undefeated top 5 Miami brings eyeballs.

I feel like we're sitting pretty for 3:30. VT's losses helped that. But our game is still enough of a draw that mid afternoon would work well. And Pitt-SMU could get the night ACC slot.

Root for Duke to continue FSU's misery. And whichever way Miami @ Louisville goes, it could mean two more likely noon games than ours.

Noon used to be the Big East game of the week slot for the **itbirds (i.e. us) and Big 10 2nd tier matchups on the two ESPNs. Now it's become way more of a prime slot for TV.

That said, it feels like Louisville/Clemson will get that. Clemson brings more eyeballs. If not that, then Miami-Duke because an undefeated top 5 Miami brings eyeballs.

I feel like we're sitting pretty for 3:30. VT's losses helped that. But our game is still enough of a draw that mid afternoon would work well. And Pitt-SMU could get the night ACC slot.

Root for Duke to continue FSU's misery. And whichever way Miami @ Louisville goes, it could mean two more likely noon games than ours.

Noon definitely has moved up the pecking order form the mid to late 2000's when as you noted it was mostly bad teams or good programs who were struggling. I think that's why SU vs Ga Tech was a Noon game earlier this year, good matchup that the ACC wanted at that Noon slot.

I think assuming Lville loses again this week to Miami that Lvill/Clemson game could be a nooner but the ACC time slots can vary week to week so it's unclear how many Noon slots they have that weekend. If it's only 2 I think were probably in decent shape if its 3 I think we maybe screwed.

UNC at FSU screams Noon but it could also get that odd CW afternoon slot time. Funny most years SU would get that CW slot a ton but since they came out with it SU's been decent so I think we've gotten it once the last 2 season and it was the last game of the year last year (if my memory is correct).

Stanford @ NC State and UNC at FSU are probably either Noon or the CW Slot

Pitt and SMU seem like a lock for 3:30 or night kick.

The wildcard is that Clemson matchup as you noted. Feels like it would be a noon slot but Clemson rolling in the top 10 could bump them to 3:30 and dump us back, ditto Miami and Duke. One of those feels like it would make a good Nooner matchup.

Historically Tech winning Thursday and Duke losing Friday would help us avoid a noon game but now it might be the opposite with Noon taking on more of a primetime feel (for at least one of the games). Once we know the actual ACC time slots I think we'll have a better feel for where SU might end up.

NFL is just consistent.

No regular season games are better than Oregon Ohio State was last week opposite ours.

There should be a way to let the times be announced but networks trade last second from nooners or 330s or 7-8 starts.

Moving a 7pm ESPN kick to 8 ACC on Friday evening won't change anyone's plans.
What you're talking about really has nothing to do with my comment.

With home coming does the school want noon or 330 to try and push for it with the TV? Not that it matters.

With home coming does the school want noon or 330 to try and push for it with the TV? Not that it matters.
I was told SU wanted wanted noon for Parents Weekend. Would guess a similar timeframe would be ideal for Homecoming.

But like you say, I don't think TV cares.

I wonder if all the NFL fans complain as much about time changes.

I suspect everyone does when it happens to mess up their plans.

Believe its the opposite for homecoming, apparently there's events going on during the noon timeframe.
Could be. I am not a homecoming kind of guy.

In the old days, the frats made big floats that went down College Place, not unlike 'Animal House'. I think that was a big homecoming event. They did not hire Kevin Bacon however to maintain order.

Remain Calm All Is Well GIF

3:30 pm would be ideal, speaking for my own opinion that is... plenty of Busch Lattes to be had prior to game time! and the wife would be happy, as she wouldn't have to set an alarm for a Saturday morning! Happy Wife, Happy Life! and I get hammered on B-Lattes! HA!

its the same deal

the 10-20% who tailgate want 3:30
the ones with kids in fall sports probably want 3:30
those that travel from 2-3 hrs probably 50/50 noon or 3:30
those that dont tailgate probably want noon or 8
those that like fb and other games want noon

If it was me now, I would love 11am games. Get done and home to watch all the 3:30 and after games
When we tailgated time didn't matter but getting home midnight or after wasn't fun.

Really wish the University and Confernce could figure this out sooner than the standard 11 days out of whatever. It's homecoming weekend and there are TONS of events to coordinate
They are very good at pivoting. Take it from someone who was involved in all of this for years. Part of this was moving some events off of this weekend. Also the National Alumni Board finishes their meetings now on Friday, and start Thursday night. In the past we used to have Saturday morning meetings. Also Arents awards and reunions no longer during Orange Central but moved to the spring. Not happy as my 50th is coming up in a couple of years, and I will not make a special trip in April for that, but would have come during Orange Central

i wonder now that MSU beat Iowa and Indiana might be top 10 why they wouldnt want a chance for a primetime upset?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom