Vegas says 5.5 wins next year... | Syracusefan.com

Vegas says 5.5 wins next year...

McNabb2Brominski

All Conference

I think this is the same as last year. A bit low IMO, I figured it would be 6-7 range considering how favorable the schedule is next year.

I had us down for at least 7 last year. Obviously I was wrong. That said, I'm doubling down. I love the over on this. I think we get to 8 with no major injuries. I'd be disappointed with anything less than 7-5.

The Cali Awards Committee sees Vegas and raises it. 7 wins.

Would load up on the under all of these lines. There's probably some caveat for these wagers if there's not a full season...but i bet its not going to be a full season. Though NYC peaking now is a positive sign for FB season.

you dont push clemson to 11.5 without a 12 game season.. i wonder why they are even taking bets since its so far out and so few people can even make bets right now

This is a prop based on a shortened season. They're not banking on football being played in September which would eliminate 4-5 games depending on when you start.

This is a prop based on a shortened season. They're not banking on football being played in September which would eliminate 4-5 games depending on when you start.
no its a full season.. look at the numbers 7-8-9-11.5 wins in there

I wouldn't bother placing any future bets at this point. No reason to have your money held up as I expect these will all end up refunded (aka I dont expect to see fall football).

you dont push clemson to 11.5 without a 12 game season.. i wonder why they are even taking bets since its so far out and so few people can even make bets right now
Vegas goin Vegas

If we play a full season I think 6 or 7 wins is minimum this Fall.

@ BC - W (New staff & payback for '19 blowout)
@ RU - W (New staff & same results)
Colgate - W (Will be tough in the first half, then blowout)
@ WMU - W (Interesting game but WM loses all their offensive talent)
Louisville - L (Their HC is building a strong program)
Liberty - W (Could be a close game w/ CUSE looking ahead)
@ Clemson - L (Top 3 program in college football)
GT - W (Payback for past years of blowing us out...just ask HCSS & Coach P.)
@ Wake - W (Overrated)
NC State - W (Really despise these guys and hoping we blow them out )
FSU - L (Excellent skill players and they will be much better w/ Norvell)
@ Pitt - L (Can't beat these suckers...especially in the 'Burg)
Pinstripe Bowl vs. Nebraska - W (Keep the undefeated PB record alive)
9 - 4 season and I am betting the over 2020
Screw you VEGAS!

5.5 probably isn't a bad starting point. We have a new OC, a new DC, and a new defense. Plus spring training was curtailed. Our HC is smart enough to figure out how to get another 1.5. That gets us to 7 wins. Given these restraints and last year, I'll take 7 wins and run in 2020!

I think this is the same as last year. A bit low IMO, I figured it would be 6-7 range considering how [short
the schedule [will be] next year.
FIFY :p

I can see 6-0, with a possibility of 7-0...

Seriously though, I agree. I think we split ACC play and go 4-0 OOC (going by memory, I don’t think that we play anyone). That’s 8-4. Throw in a random loss to counter my orange glasses and we’re 7-5. I don’t think we’d be worse than 2-6 in ACC play. A 2-6 record gives us a 6-6 floor. I’ll say 5% chance of better than 8-4 or worse than 6-6, 15% chance of 6-6, 30% chance of 8-4, and 50% chance of 7-5.

I wouldn't bother placing any future bets at this point. No reason to have your money held up as I expect these will all end up refunded (aka I dont expect to see fall football).

THIS. that's my issue right now. Unless i'm going to Vegas and getting a ticket (this may not be 100% fool proof either) i'm not going off broadway for my gambling needs

After the loss I took on O/U last season... I won't touch anymore Cuse related bets
I bet many are in the same boat. Considering I’m responsible for a family, I’m not really a betting man. But I thought last season was about as sure a bet as you could make for a full Syracuse season.

With this schedule and a QB entering his 4th year on campus, they need to have a big year. It’s year 5, it’s time.

New coordinators and lack of Spring practice be damned, we could and should have a very good season.

I’m not putting a number on it. Quite frankly, I’d probably be disappointed with 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom