Very, very poor choice of words | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Very, very poor choice of words

I find it offensive that people get upset by stuff like this
What's most upsetting is when it's clearly a slip of the tongue or an attempt at off the cuff humor, and the PC folks demand an apology, the person makes one, and they still aren't happy and insist the person be fired/suspended/etc.
And usually, unless it's the rare untouchable celebrity, they end up getting fired anyway.
It's really gotten out of hand.

I'm half Italian, half Polish. Yup... I'm a greasy idiot. Sorry if offended any dagos.

I don't see the big deal, I'm pretty sure barkley called Gonzaga a bunch of crackers today anyway.

its a joke sorry.

And usually, unless it's the rare untouchable celebrity, they end up getting fired anyway.

Can you give some examples of people who have been fired?

Had no idea I had so many Polish brethren here. Extremely pleased they most think that it was a very big "so what". Geez---- get a life , smile, joke and have some fun.

Reminds me of an oldie but a goodie.

Q: who was Alexander Graham Komorowski?
A: He was the first telephone Pole.
Or maybe the failed arena in warsaw cuz other than the front row every one was sitting behind a pole

J
Can you give some examples of people who have been fired?

Jimmy The Greek

And I know one who should have been...his first name was Adolph.

I think it's all a big over-reaction. Like two3 said, if anything it's PC that has gotten out of control. Lighten up all, learn to laugh a little more, and be a little less indignant. You'll enjoy life a lot more. :)

Seriously. Cry me a freaking river. I was watching with a Polish guy (an actual immigrant) and he laughed. It's not even a slur. My Ukrainian parents in Ukrainian say 'польак' (polack) when describing a Pole. Russians or any Slavs do the same. It's nothing.

Thanks for ending the thread. Godwin's Law. Scoreboard.

Actually I was referring to this guy...

Adolph_rupp.jpg

Adolph Rupp ;)

He blew it.

But you're taking aim at the wrong "culture"

In the age of social media, everyone feels they have to come up with the hottest take, the best Twitter zinger. Even the guy talking to a national audience instead of his 500 followers.

Call the game, have some freaking dignity, stop trying so hard to be cute.

You just described Gottlieb

I'm mainly just confused about why Kevin Pollak was playing for Gonzaga in the first place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom