Virginia has a COVID case - out of ACCT - potential SU impact? | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia has a COVID case - out of ACCT - potential SU impact?

So no contract tracing issues? No players were NOT closer than 6 feet of the Virginia player in question for more than 10 minutes? That’s what they mean by player will not be required to enter quarantine, yes?

Last edited:
Be glad you were symptomless. Mine were mild for the most part but a couple still linger and it's no fun.
I had a stuffy nose but no fever and nothing else when I had it in early Dec. But I haven’t been able to smell anything since which is a really weird sensation. I’m lucky to have had nothing worse.

This makes me wonder if SU has been contacted by NCAA as getting in. Someone previously mentioned that this year the committee may contact teams ahead of time to prepare them.
Seems a tad early. What if Georgetown, Oregon State, Ole Miss, Cincy and Nevada and win their tourneys?

Seems a tad early. What if Georgetown, Oregon State, Ole Miss, Cincy and Nevada and win their tourneys?
Then either we’re not as close to the cut line as many think or they’re telling teams on the bubble to prepare as if they’re in.

I had a stuffy nose but no fever and nothing else when I had it in early Dec. But I haven’t been able to smell anything since which is a really weird sensation. I’m lucky to have had nothing worse.

The loss of smell/taste thing really scares me. A few manuscripts I have read present some compelling evidence that this is a neurological symptom. Lots of ACE2 receptors in the brain stem, and it has been confirmed that at least the spike protein can pass the blood/brain barrier.

The loss of smell/taste thing really scares me. A few manuscripts I have read present some compelling evidence that this is a neurological symptom. Lots of ACE2 receptors in the brain stem, and it has been confirmed that at least the spike protein can pass the blood/brain barrier.
The neurological stuff behind the sense of smell is pretty fascinating. Lot of memory association goes along with smell too. People don't realize that, but often if a person loses or deadens their sense of smell, they lose a significant memory link.

People who say that they read manuscripts are jackasses.

Just kiddin, TinyManInside

The neurological stuff behind the sense of smell is pretty fascinating. Lot of memory association goes along with smell too. People don't realize that, but often if a person loses or deadens their sense of smell, they lose a significant memory link.
I often joke with my wife that she needs to take the peanut butter test whenever she has a senior moment.

This makes me wonder if SU has been contacted by NCAA as getting in. Someone previously mentioned that this year the committee may contact teams ahead of time to prepare them.

I have a feeling this is the case. Teams have to be in contact today with NCAA to let them know if they will be able to clear medically. So it would not shock me if teams have been in contact with NCAA so the team can prepare accordingly. Would make sense why Xavier looked to schedule a last minute opponent after finding out they would not make it. Only thing that would throw everything off is if Oregon State and/or Georgetown win today.

Well there will be 4 replacement teams this year. So hypothetically lets say Georgetown win tonight and knock us out of the field of 68. Then im sure we would become a replacement team and would still have to be bubble ready

Well there will be 4 replacement teams this year. So hypothetically lets say Georgetown win tonight and knock us out of the field of 68. Then im sure we would become a replacement team and would still have to be bubble ready

one of the committee members was interviewed last night and he said exactly that. While the bracket will have 37 at large teams they are preparing the field for 41 at large teams with 4 of them being replacement teams that have to be just as prepared as the 37 to compete.

one of the committee members was interviewed last night and he said exactly that. While the bracket will have 37 at large teams they are preparing the field for 41 at large teams with 4 of them being replacement teams that have to be just as prepared as the 37 to compete.
So, like... potentially 4 teams make the tournament but don't actually play, possibly?

That stinks.

Hypothetically, if Syracuse was already told to report to Indy next week, we could be in, or we could be just an "alternate"?

good question on the NIT. Wonder if they also will have a few extras ready to replace someone that moves up to the NCAAT?

NIT is only 16 teams this year, right? Starts a week later.

4 alternates go to Indy, but they can only replace teams before the tourney starts on Fri/Sat.

After the 1st round starts, the alternates are clear to head to Dallas.

Just guessing.

Hypothetically, if Syracuse was already told to report to Indy next week, we could be in, or we could be just an "alternate"?

that’s the way I read it but I’m confident, as others, that we are in.

what will be “funny” is that after the bracket is announced Sunday, and prior to the 6pm Tuesday deadline to drop a team for Covid reasons, is if a top team has to drop. They use the replacement team in the exact spot. So if a Gonzaga for example gets hit with a covid outbreak on Monday and has to drop out, the top team of the replacements, let’s say Boise St, fills in that #1 seed slot. Going from out to a #1 seed is crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom