Virginia has a COVID case - out of ACCT - potential SU impact? | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia has a COVID case - out of ACCT - potential SU impact?

that’s the way I read it but I’m confident, as others, that we are in.

what will be “funny” is that after the bracket is announced Sunday, and prior to the 6pm Tuesday deadline to drop a team for Covid reasons, is if a top team has to drop. They use the replacement team in the exact spot. So if a Gonzaga for example gets hit with a covid outbreak on Monday and has to drop out, the top team of the replacements, let’s say Boise St, fills in that #1 seed slot. Going from out to a #1 seed is crazy.

And if Boise loses to a #16, Virginia will be happy.

that’s the way I read it but I’m confident, as others, that we are in.

what will be “funny” is that after the bracket is announced Sunday, and prior to the 6pm Tuesday deadline to drop a team for Covid reasons, is if a top team has to drop. They use the replacement team in the exact spot. So if a Gonzaga for example gets hit with a covid outbreak on Monday and has to drop out, the top team of the replacements, let’s say Boise St, fills in that #1 seed slot. Going from out to a #1 seed is crazy.
Very interesting and I wonder what they would call that team. It happens in tennis all the time and they are called “lucky losers” because they lost in the qualifying tournament. They would be on the seed line but would they be considered a seed?

NIT is only 16 teams this year, right? Starts a week later.

4 alternates go to Indy, but they can only replace teams before the tourney starts on Fri/Sat.

After the 1st round starts, the alternates are clear to head to Dallas.

Just guessing.
Pretty sure they said no bracket changes will be made after Tuesday so that would clear it up for the alternate teams.

That was one great interview. Full of insight and a lot of laughs. Stories about Julius Erving, Bill Bradley, Pistol Pete, his 60! years as an Orangeman and Dakich’s wife not knowing who JB was when she first met him when she got the softball job. A fun 20 mins. Good thing JB doesn’t do regular national interviews. ;)

Dakich’s wife was a softball coach

Oops, my bad.

I recall she had a very strong Jennifer Aniston thing going on - and here’s proof:

1615650426444.jpeg

That was one great interview. Full of insight and a lot of laughs. Stories about Julius Erving, Bill Bradley, Pistol Pete, his 60! years as an Orangeman and Dakich’s wife not knowing who JB was when she first met him when she got the softball job. A fun 20 mins. Good thing JB doesn’t do regular national interviews. ;)

oh, and a great story about Bobby knight. First time JB met him. I think when knight was at army. JB is in the hallway pregame saying hello to the two refs. Knight walks up, introduces himself then starts telling JB, right in front of the refs, how they were the two freaking worse refs etc. JB said they play the game and wouldn’t you know it, knight was getting the calls.

Boeheim just said the longest any of our players were next to covid dude was 46 seconds. Man technology is something else
He said without the chips they’d be forced out due to precaution.
Hmmm not even a minute?!

DrJ.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom