Wake Forest Game Day Thread | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest Game Day Thread

What a bummer of a game. And ED being out wasn't even the story of the game. Zack leads to 43 pts in another epic beatdown of our admittedly improved D. 64 pts??? To Wake? Really?
The offensive story will look good, but in reality when you score 38 in a half and only score 5 in another it creates massive imbalance. Based on both teams momentum you could tell it was going to be a shootout.

Very disappointing loss. I'm still scratching my head at chucking the ball into the end zone from the 30 on three straight downs. Not that it caused this loss, but I don't understand it at all.

Defense should run sprints til they all throw up. Then run 100 more.
The play calling has made no sense all year

Very disappointing loss. I'm still scratching my head at chucking the ball into the end zone from the 30 on three straight downs. Not that it caused this loss, but I don't understand it at all.

Defense should run sprints til they all throw up. Then run 100 more.

I’m not convinced you couldn’t place a large % of blame there. We then try to kick a FG that even Murphy knew he wouldn’t make. Then WF goes down the field and scores

He was pretty bad but I don’t expect much out of him. He throws a wobbly duck of a ball.

I thought we lose the game when I heard Dungey wasn’t playing but I certainly never expected the defense to be so bad
43 pts is okay in my book

He was pretty bad but I don’t expect much out of him. He throws a wobbly duck of a ball.

I thought we lose the game when I heard Dungey wasn’t playing but I certainly never expected the defense to be so bad

I call BS. That kid led us to 43 points. It’s not on him at all. And if you think dungey would of done better, you’re delusional. This is all on the defense.

I'm going to be thinking about this one until the game in Winston-Salem next year. This hurts

What the hell kind of a throwing motion does Culpepper have?

The offensive story will look good, but in reality when you score 38 in a half and only score 5 in another it creates massive imbalance. Based on both teams momentum you could tell it was going to be a shootout.
Yeah. 5 pts in the 2nd half of a "shootout" won't do it. Except it was more like a shoot down execution

I call BS. That kid led us to 43 points. It’s not on him at all. And if you think dungey would of done better, you’re delusional. This is all on the defense.

Dungey would’ve done better...because he’s better. But yeah, we still probably would’ve lost with the defense playing like this.

Mahoney is bad and so was the defense.

Dungey is the heart and soul of the team. He’s a better a qb

Mahoney is bad and so was the defense.

Dungey is the heart and soul of the team. He’s a better a qb
I didn't see any "Mahoney was bad" posts in the first half.

???????? 43 pts in the game. He got the team a 17 pt lead. The loss isn't on him.

No one said it was on him, your comprehension is lacking again. But 2nd half Mahoney is pretty normal, bad

+ he's a college kid. i understand venting but he's just a kid

Right. And a kid who has actually played surprisingly well at times given that he was a walk-on with absolutely zero exptectations. We would’ve killed for QB production like this or the Pitt game last year during the Madei Williams, Troy Nunes, RJ Anderson Perry Patterson, Cam Dantley, Andrew Robinson years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom