Was Brohm a candidate here? | Syracusefan.com

Was Brohm a candidate here?

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
It's early but he is creating buzz in West Lafayette that for one week at least - translated into much better ticket sales. I'm fine with Dino, but this guy is going places. If they play Michigan tough - and I think they may win - he is going to be hot as a pistol.

It's early but he is creating buzz in West Lafayette that for one week at least - translated into much better ticket sales. I'm fine with Dino, but this guy is going places. If they play Michigan tough - and I think they may win - he is going to be hot as a pistol.

My recollection is that Brohm had taken his name off everyone's list that year. Everyone guessed that he was probably waiting for Petrino to crash and burn (off the field), and just slide over to Louisville. Taking the Purdue job caught people by surprise.

My recollection is that Brohm had taken his name off everyone's list that year. Everyone guessed that he was probably waiting for Petrino to crash and burn (off the field), and just slide over to Louisville. Taking the Purdue job caught people by surprise.
what the brohms were able to do with petrino was incredible. none of them could actually throw the ball well but they were so successful

not sure, but I think SU got the right guy. Dino is perfect for this program and in a couple years when all this talent he is bringing in matures the real buzz will be in Central NY and not west lafayette.

He's a good coach. I think he wasn't looking at that time, though his name came up here.

I'd take either - but I think Babers may stick along longer given his age.

not sure, but I think SU got the right guy. Dino is perfect for this program and in a couple years when all this talent he is bringing in matures the real buzz will be in Central NY and not west lafayette.
NOt disagreeing with that at all. Wonder who had the better talent level when each coach arrived? Purdue has been off the radar almost as long as us so I haven't followed them at all.

Not sure, but glad we didn’t hire Scott Frost, who appears to be a candidate for the soon to to be open Nebraska job next year.

Not sure, but glad we didn’t hire Scott Frost, who appears to be a candidate for the soon to to be open Nebraska job next year.
Yeah I bet that’s a done deal or close to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom