Washington and Carey in the portal | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Washington and Carey in the portal

URI is not very close to Providence, but then RI is so small anywhere is pretty close.
For some reason I thought the campus was close to prov. But ya it's such a small state.

0EBAD3D4-5D5A-4C79-81D8-96314C8F460D.jpeg

I admired how Jalen rooted for his teammates and did not pout during a season that had to be very difficult to watch from the bench. He seems like a very good young man.

I am sorry things did not work out for him here. I hope he gets a lot of playing time and his new coach shows some patience. If so, Jalen is going to develop into a very good player for the Rams. I will be rooting for him.

URI is about 35-40 min from Providence College. URI is in South Kingstown. I grew up about 20 min from both.
For some reason I thought the campus was close to prov. But ya it's such a small state.
There is a small Providence campus, but it's more of just a building than an actual campus. As pwong said, it's about 30 miles from South Kingstown.

This is a great choice. He can probably be 6th man and average 10 per or be third guard. Russell handles PG duties he won’t compete for those minutes. They have another very good 2G that returns.

They lose the guard that shared the point with Russel, their main forward, and Obi Toppins brother who sucked but is transferring to UK.

Their adds are good. Hassan Martins brother from Charlotte (he was the main big on Hurleys best teams) and the Mitchell twins from Maryland. 3 solid front court guys who don’t compete with Jaylen for minutes.

Those Mitchell’s remind me of the Martin twins who went to Nevada and are cashing checks for the Hornets.

Good luck Jaylen! I’m working 20 miles south of Boston so games at the Dunk to watch Brycen and Ryan Center for Jaylen sound good to me. Much better venues than lame Conte man I hate playing BC so much even if it’s close to me. Shame you can’t bet RI teams at Twin River.

Rubbed me the wrong way today when he said SU didn’t give him a chance
JB has done this for 40 years - he saw Jalen in practice for a year and a half and plenty of games - I trust his judgment. Also he ended up at an A10 school ...

JB has done this for 40 years - he saw Jalen in practice for a year and a half and plenty of games - I trust his judgment. Also he ended up at an A10 school ...

I don't know if that's an insult to the A10. The best team in the country before the season ended was from the A10. He plays at one speed and wasn't a fit based on how Boeheim has run his offense for close to a decade now. 2012 and before, he'd have fit in well when SU used their athleticism to get up and down the court.

I don't know if that's an insult to the A10. The best team in the country before the season ended was from the A10. He plays at one speed and wasn't a fit based on how Boeheim has run his offense for close to a decade now. 2012 and before, he'd have fit in well when SU used their athleticism to get up and down the court.
A10 is a fine conference, but he was a top 50 kid in HS; I’m sure A10 wasn’t on his radar then. He had interest from Kansas, Miami, etc the first time around. I’m sure if he could have went P5 he would have. Dayton was fantastic this year but the rest of the conference was meh at best; it’s a mid major

Not sure I agree with you there, we ran this year when we could. If Jalen proved he could play like that at this level without turning it over, I’m sure we would have ran more.

I like Jalen; he was clearly really into games this year from the bench. But I dont think it was JBs playing style that held him back. I hope he’s successful at URI.

JB has great success with transfers coming in, and the guys leaving aren’t as successful. It’ll be interesting to see how Carey and Goodine fare elsewhere

A10 is a fine conference, but this kid was a top 50 kid in HS; I’m sure A10 wasn’t on his radar then. He had interest from Kansas, Miami, etc the first time around. I’m sure if he could have went P5 he would have. Dayton was fantastic this year but the rest of the conference was meh at best; it’s a mid major

Not sure I agree with you there, we ran this year when we could. If Jalen proved he could play like that at this level without turning it over, I’m sure we would have ran more.

I like Jalen; he was clearly really into games this gear from the bench. But I dint think it was JBs playing style that held him back. I hope he’s successful at URI.

JB has great success with transfers coming in, and the guys leaving aren’t as successful. It’ll be interesting to see how Carey and Goodine fare elsewhere this year

I think our playing style defensively maaaaybe held him back. We’ll see. He was good in the zone, but he might be even better in a system where he can pressure the ball defensively and then leak out and run the floor.

And he needs to be off the ball on offense. I can’t see him thriving in the halfcourt at this point, but he should be able to do well in transition as a two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom