Washington and Carey in the portal | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Washington and Carey in the portal

again, though - what did Goodine display to warrant the minutes he apparently thought/thinks he was/is entitled to? I ask this sincerely

Here’s the problem. We recruit a number of players that the staff thinks highly of before arriving at SU. Then they get here and they turn out to be a lot less than advertised. So they sit on the bench, sulk, become frustrated and transfer. It’s a loss for them, but it also winds up being a loss for the program. We need to find a replacement and develop the player again. It’s an ugly cycle, but it begins with doing a better job of eyeing prospects.

again, though - what did Goodine display to warrant the minutes he apparently thought/thinks he was/is entitled to? I ask this sincerely
Show me the quote where Goodine said he was entitled to anything! I think you are making an assumption here. Maybe he just decided to leave for an opportunity to play more, without any bad attitude.

Here’s the problem. We recruit a number of players that the staff thinks highly of before arriving at SU. Then they get here and they turn out to be a lot less than advertised. So they sit on the bench, sulk, become frustrated and transfer. It’s a loss for them, but it also winds up being a loss for the program. We need to find a replacement and develop the player again. It’s an ugly cycle, but it begins with doing a better job of eyeing prospects.

But Brycen had potential...this isn’t completely true.

if you can't field 9 conference worthy players on your roster in any season then it's time to go. he built this team.
we all saw how well version 6.5 worked this season. "HEY we're above .500 !" throw a parade !

Show me the quote where Goodine said he was entitled to anything! I think you are making an assumption here. Maybe he just decided to leave for an opportunity to play more, without any bad attitude.
read the Waters article, it's right in there.
I don't fault the kid for wanting or thinking he deserves more minutes - but you have to go out and prove it and be a little patient...

one can both:
be disappointed that Goodine is leaving (i.e. recognize his potential)
*and*
not understand the beef Goodine apparently has

Columbia also has 2 graduate guards in the portal, get one of them to come over with Tape'.

Mike Smith, 5-11 180, avg. 22.8 pts., 34.1% 3-pt., 37.7 mpg. Probably won't stand for 12-minutes PT though being a high volume shooter at 19 shots/game.

Jake Killingsworth, 6-5 205, avg. 7.4 pts., 32.9% 3-pt., 33.5 mpg, 5.4 rpg. If dude has lateral quicks and could learn the zone slides he could maybe provide some steadying leadership the backcourt.

Uhhh, those three point numbers don't scream out spacing to me. Hard pass.

Can’t blame them. JB isn’t reducing Buddy or Girard minutes. We now have only three guards in the program and one hasn't stepped on campus yet.

What would we do with more than 3?

But Brycen had potential...this isn’t completely true.

Potential, sure. But admit that you thought both he and Carey would’ve shown more in their short time at SU. Apparently JB couldn’t convince BG to stick around long enough to display his potential.

What would we do with more than 3?

What if there’s an injury? We’ve been pretty lucky there. And find me a team anywhere with only 3 guards. I’ll wait.

Who was sulking? Besides Howard’s mom?

So our problem is that we don’t have a 4th guard who won’t play anyway?

Not that big of a deal then.

You didn't notice that each of the last two years, we've had guards that were expected to play major minutes have injuries - Frank Howard last year and Carey this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom