Washington and Carey in the portal | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Washington and Carey in the portal

They will both be better on offense and defense next year. Experience matters.

I’m glad you are optimistic (not being snarky).

I don’t feel the same way. I think they are just too limited, especially Buddy, to be playing together.

I think if there was someone stronger up top on D, there could be a solid three man rotation, but if they are playing together, my personal opinion is teams will do damage there. Again, imho.

Obviously more skilled players would be nice, but it is a little odd people are freaking out about heading into the season with 3 skilled guys and presumably a 4th that won’t be very good when that’s the exact situation we had this year.

The real issue is what happens if Richmond isn’t good.
We need depth.
Also if players are expected to come to Syracuse as finished products that really restricts the ability to recruit.

These kids transferring also shows we are struggling identifying players to fit our system and play.

Folks, with the virus and travel limitations, NCAA restrictions, it’s going to be difficult to get visits from transfers.

Just sayin.

I got you, bro.

Google "transfer portal.". Sort by three point percentage.

Draw line under 35%. We don't want those dudes.

Everyone above. Offer!
First to accept, we take. You shoot over 35%, ACC level recruit. No doubt. I struggle to see how someone who can shoot threes couldn't find minutes here or any ACC school.

Ballgame. I won the recruiting wars in the midst of a virus.

If we add a transfer guard , sliding buddy to the 3 would seem like an option

People are fascinated with the idea. I have no idea why.

He is the worst rebounding 2 we've had in a long time. I pulled the stats once.

That's not a guy you move to the back line of the zone.
Braswell playing SG would be more likely but still need a PG who can play like Washington could in a pinch.

Richmond as a true freshman is going to be expected to be the backup PG as we currently have no other options.

We really can’t lose Girard to injury now. Which is insane roster management.

When they are recruits “Can’t wait until they get here. They are the real deal. We are back.
One year later when they transfer “I am not even sure they are ACC players”

And what I’m wondering is maybe this isn’t an acc system ? Let’s process that for a while. How can all these top 100 kids come to school here year after year and somehow they aren’t acc players ? Yet fSU, Duke. Unc. Clemson. Name the program, they all have players that are more dominant (excluding this years Elijah). I’m sorry but the system is the issue. No way these kids end up being this bad year after year and rarely see one DEVELOP into a first round consistent draft pick ...

what do we need to happen to avoid unc and get uva instead of duke in semis?
People are fascinated with the idea. I have no idea why.

He is the worst rebounding 2 we've had in a long time. I pulled the stats once.

That's not a guy you move to the back line of the zone.
Defense is less noticeable on a wing

Braswell playing SG would be more likely but still need a PG who can play like Washington could in a pinch.

Richmond as a true freshman is going to be expected to be the backup PG as we currently have no other options.

We really can’t lose Girard to injury now. Which is insane roster management.

Minutes are a concern. We are due for a torn ACL at a key position.

And what I’m wondering is maybe this isn’t an acc system ? Let’s process that for a while. How can all these top 100 kids come to school here year after year and somehow they aren’t acc players ? Yet fSU, Duke. Unc. Clemson. Name the program, they all have players that are more dominant (excluding this years Elijah). I’m sorry but the system is the issue. No way these kids end up being this bad year after year and rarely see one DEVELOP into a first round consistent draft pick ...

The lack of the use of the bench is a big reason.

JB went to marathon minutes about the same time we joined the ACC. This wasn’t a problem before 2014. We don’t have a 6th man like Rautins, Dion, Krisjo, Scoop, Billy Edelin who all played big minutes back

Some really odd takes in here.

Having three guards transfer is very unusual regardless of whether the writing is on the wall, or who can or cannot play, shoot, play defense, juggle, dunk, water ski, etc. Especially when we are only bringing in one, and the two starting are not elite talents.

Learning JB’s system “takes time”, right? So we can expect a freshman and a transfer who don’t play it to struggle, right?

Last edited:
Smiling at those who think Goodine is so bad it necessitated our starting guards to play 38 mins even when they weren’t hitting the broadside of a barn.
I need to bookmark many of those posts to remember who seems to lack some basketball understanding and logic.

I don't see it in his highlights.. despite a decent handle for a 3 but wondering if the 4th guard in mind was Woody? You replace Hughes with Towns, add Tape, leave two open spots for 2021 and then have Newton be an option? I have no clue just spit balling.

I don't see it in his highlights.. despite a decent handle for a 3 but wondering if the 4th guard in mind was Woody? You replace Hughes with Towns, add Tape, leave two open spots for 2021 and then have Newton be an option? I have no clue just spit balling.

There is no plan, we are dust in the wind.

anthony edwards,cole anthony, nico mannion, haliburton, maxey etc... these dudes are all getting drafted to the NBA. they all play 33 minutes a game. is that becuz the players behind them are better ? no drop off ?
just becuz you're good and you start doesn't mean you can't sit. no other coach thinks it's wise.

Some really odd takes in here.

Having three guards transfer is very unusual regardless of whether the writing is on the wall, or who can or cannot play, shoot, play defense, juggle, dunk, water ski, etc. Especially when we are only bringing in one, and the two starting are not elite talents.

Learning JB’s system “takes time”, right? So we can expect a freshman and a transfer who don’t play it to struggle, right?

what’s the system ? Clearly joe didn’t learn it in 35 mpg. Give up a ton of 3s and shoot 30 pct with ultimate green light

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom