Washington and Carey in the portal | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Washington and Carey in the portal

They could always play better and earn it. I don’t think you play guys so they won’t leave. You play them to win the game.

Personally I thought Goodine could’ve played more at the end of the year and helped us. That doesn’t mean that I’m right though.
Not saying goodine was great. But the opportunity was there for him to play. It's not like things could have been that much worse if he played more.

Who was sulking? Besides Howard’s mom?

Umm, they’re not happy. You may think otherwise. But they’re transferring because they’re unhappy with playing time. It might not be visible to us, but it’s there.

The fact they don’t want to be here isn’t a good thing.

We need depth. Players get better. Our coaches recruited these kids.
This is on them as well.

One of them might’ve got 10-15 mpg off the bench. The other two wouldn’t have played much.

If none of them want that, what can you do?

Umm, they’re not happy. You may think otherwise. But they’re transferring because they’re unhappy with playing time. It might not be visible to us, but it’s there.

Some guys can want to play more without sulking though. Im interested to know who was sulking.

Or maybe they were asked to leave or given a reality check in the exit interview?

Carey no surprise
Washington wasn’t going to play.
Goodine...may not be as hard working as he says to Mike.

I worry more when a Tristan Thompson situation happens in August. I worry a lot less in March.

I suspect - and maybe I choose to write my own script here - but Boeheim is seeing his own mortality and is dialing in to increase the chance of next year’s team...year to year.

If Carey was staying here he would have comeback to play this year.
His injury is a 3 month injury. He is sitting out the season because he wanted to protect a year of eligibility.

The (insert: out of left field injury & ensuing) surgery was after the change in lineup happened.

FIFY. :)

Some guys can want to play more without sulking though. Im interested to know who was sulking.

Please get over the sulking reference. They weren’t happy. If it didn’t matter, they wouldn’t be transferring.

Braswell playing SG would be more likely but still need a PG who can play like Washington could in a pinch.

Richmond as a true freshman is going to be expected to be the backup PG as we currently have no other options.

We really can’t lose Girard to injury now. Which is insane roster management.

Braswell can’t dribble. That won’t work.

Please get over the sulking reference. They weren’t happy. If it didn’t matter, they wouldn’t be transferring.

Don’t tell me what to do.

I didn’t say it didn’t matter - obviously they want to play more. It’s possible to want to play more and to move on when you get the chance - but not be a sulky malcontent.

Sorry to lose the players...especially Howard Washington.
What a story and a tough guy.
Hope he can find a place where he can run the point for a couple of years.

I wonder if there was a relationship with Hop, he could really use somebody that protects the ball.

Braswell can’t dribble. That won’t work.
Also the problem with Buddy. He has no handle for a SG.

we’re going to stink next year, but it’s alarming that we have ONE kid on the roster that can capably dribble, depending on what Richmond can do. That’s just horrific. We don’t have a Hughes type can handle the ball, so a JG3 injury, foul trouble or need for rest is going to hurt more than it needs to. He’ll either be gassed or continue to conserve energy defensively. And either way, it’s not helpful to the team.

You didn't notice that each of the last two years, we've had guards that were expected to play major minutes have injuries - Frank Howard last year and Carey this year.

I know. People have short memories.

We had to play a SG last year in the NCAAT against Baylor that put forth the most woeful effort by a Syracuse guard in NCAAT history...even Braedon Bayer looked more prepared against Michigan State.

Howard. Out.
Hughes. Hurt.
Buddy. Hurt.
Carey. Hurt.
HoWas. Out.

Some lasting longer than others, but we're not immune to injuries.

It’s not set. But you’re not getting a quality guard to come to SU knowing he’s not going to play. It’s just not happening.
What makes you think a quality guard wouldn't play? Carey and Goodine were injured most of the year and Goodine was obviously hesitant after he came back. Washington is not an ACC guard.

Sun Tzu wrote: “When one treats people with benevolence, justice and righteousness, and reposes confidence in them, the army will be united in mind and all will be happy to serve their leaders.”

Good luck to all 3. Unfortunate all the way around, but what's done is done.
Moving on to the forward position-
Robert Braswell expected to stay?
Assuming he can get healthy, think he has potential. Look forward to watching him improve.

Smiling at those who think Goodine is so bad it necessitated our starting guards to play 38 mins even when they weren’t hitting the broadside of a barn.
Has anyone said that? I think most agree that he should have played more.

It must be miserable hating the philosophy that the HC of your favorite team implements. Questioning him at every turn, knowing that you could do it better, and never getting that chance to coach, develop, and recruit the kids you know could make them a contender yearly.

Yet, he’s never canned for his awful decisions, and ability to spot talent. To top it off, he’s racist now, and puts his hope in white boys only. His son, and adopted son being the chosen ones. The days of Pearl, Sherm, Flynn, Scoop, MCW, and Dion are over. Dior should probably see that he will have to come off the bench for JB. Kid must be nuts to spend his one year with a guy like JB. Who obviously prefers GMac doing the heavy lifting over those other two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom