Washington Redskins Name Change... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Washington Redskins Name Change...

White people should get to decide for other ethnicities what they consider a slur, eh?

How self important.

Most of the gear I see dating to the team name last year isn't worn by white people, FWIW.

Most of the gear I see dating to the team name last year isn't worn by white people, FWIW.

ok?

It’s still a flat out absurd thing for people to get upset about.

“Some native Americans are offended by a football team being named after a slur! How ridiculous!“. That’s the gist of it, right?

White people should get to decide for other ethnicities what they consider a slur, eh?

How self important.
Lighten up Francis. I didn’t say it was wrong, I just bet it was different. Everything has changed.

Lighten up Francis. I didn’t say it was wrong, I just bet it was different. Everything has changed.

I read Kaiser’s indignant reply and lumped the tone of yours in with his. I apologize if I misinterpreted.

This one is a good change, as far as I see.

ok?

It’s still a flat out absurd thing for people to get upset about.

“Some native Americans are offended by a football team being named after a slur! How ridiculous!“. That’s the gist of it, right?

I could care less - just getting the record straight since I'm stuck in their media market and their most ardent supporters seem to be in the African - American community. How Dan Synder treats people is likely a lot worse than a logo on a hat.

They should just keep the name “Washington Football Team” ... it’s throwback / old school/ simple ... then again .. I’m also a sucker for simple / old school Uniforms ... not the garbage Nike has been outfitting us with in football and basketball

It wasn't. I only posted that because I remembered what it was.
slurs change with the wind.

i called the rams the Los Angeles Rams for 20 years...now im right again.

I kind of like Washington Football Team but I am not a fan of the franchise so I don't care either way. Wonder if there is some way to work the Hogs into the name somehow? Fitting and historical for that team.

I kind of like Washington Football Team but I am not a fan of the franchise so I don't care either way. Wonder if there is some way to work the Hogs into the name somehow? Fitting and historical for that team.
The Washington Feral hogs?

Huh? Look, it's a slur. Period. it was a slur 200 years ago. It was a slur 20 years ago. It's a slur now. It will be a slur in 20 years. Much like in the future when someone is called a Trump supporter.
How about the Washington Big Guys? The logo will be ...

1C700D32-9E2E-4E3F-A981-C9058152EBD9.jpeg

I’m certain that you don’t
I suppose there is a insult in there somewhere. LOL I just don't believe that you call people something that they feel is an insult. Feel free to disagree.

I suppose there is a insult in there somewhere. LOL I just don't believe that you call people something that they feel is an insult. Feel free to disagree.
i just called my neighbor Karen.

unfortunetly thats her name.

move that think tank you had creating the russia hoax towards getting all Karen's names legally changed.

at least that's useful.

I would love to say that was an interesting point. Sadly, it wasn't. It's a slur according to the dictionary. I encourage you to go to a reservation and use that term. Then get back to me.

I would love to say that was an interesting point. Sadly, it wasn't. It's a slur according to the dictionary. I encourage you to go to a reservation and use that term. Then get back to me.
ok boomer...

I don’t think you’re comprehending anything about our exchange. It has nothing to do w the WFT’s old nickname.

I don’t think you’re comprehending anything about our exchange. It has nothing to do w the WFT’s old nickname.
Well, that is the topic on the table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom