Washington Redskins Name Change... | Syracusefan.com

Washington Redskins Name Change...

Washington Monuments sounds like an Arena Football team.

Washington Generals is already spoken for.

How about the Washington Diplomats?

Or reuse the Washington Senators. First in peace. First in war, last in the NFC East.

Either way, this has hit a tipping point. FedEx and Nike are probably as big as it can get, and for BOTH to go here? Wow. My only thought is...if Snyder finally comes to his senses, it may be announced a change is not happening until AFTER the upcoming season. This is not a snap the fingers and every piece of marketing, branding, and collateral changes. Maybe in April they could have pulled it off, but July? No possible way.

That being said, the time has come. Change the name.

Washington Admirals?

Washington Expos
20200703_085335.jpg

Edit: One of my favorite logos/hats.. wouldn't want it ruined on this franchise.

Last edited:
Washington Potatoskins or Pigskins
Washington Rednecks or Red Hulks

My issue with this stuff is where does it end? If you dig enough, you can find a reason to hate everyone. A reason to change everyone’s name.

How about my buccaneers? We’re there slaves in the bottom of those boats?

Slaves worked in the Steel factories in Pittsburgh.
Many slaves worked in the California gold rush. 49ers, you are on the clock.
Many on the left think anyone who calls themselves a patriot is a white nationalist. Are they next?
Personally I think this is all silliness, but I’m just proving that if you aren’t careful, you’ll have nothing. Everything in life is tied to an uglier time. Can we just try and learn from it and not repeat certain history?

My issue with this stuff is where does it end? If you dig enough, you can find a reason to hate everyone. A reason to change everyone’s name.

How about my buccaneers? We’re there slaves in the bottom of those boats?

Slaves worked in the Steel factories in Pittsburgh.
Many slaves worked in the California gold rush. 49ers, you are on the clock.
Many on the left think anyone who calls themselves a patriot is a white nationalist. Are they next?
Personally I think this is all silliness, but I’m just proving that if you aren’t careful, you’ll have nothing. Everything in life is tied to an uglier time. Can we just try and learn from it and not repeat certain history?
While I agree there is potential overreach, renaming the Redskins ain't one of them imo.

Aren’t the liberals getting rid of the name ‘Washington’ too?

Potomac Bravehearts

Washington Monuments sounds like an Arena Football team.

Washington Generals is already spoken for.

How about the Washington Diplomats?

Or reuse the Washington Senators. First in peace. First in war, last in the NFC East.
Does the last owner(s) of the NASL team still control the rights to that?

If Buffalo can call themselves the Bills, why can't Washington call themselves the Georges.
Besides the part where Buffalo Bill was a name and Washington George is not? The Washington Carvers would make more sense if they went that route lol

God please don’t pick something like Blaze, or Heat, or Magic, or Glitter, or...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom