Washington v #8 Oregon | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Washington v #8 Oregon

The funny thing is I thought Hop would be a better offensive coach than defensive, but the opposite is true.

His defense is elite. They are yet to have a bad defensive game this season. But the offense has been bad. Some of it might be the personnel, but Hop isn’t running anything to give guys like McDaniels a chance to succeed. The offense is either throw it into Stewart or just pass it around the perimeter until someone shoots or drives.

His defense is elite. They are yet to have a bad defensive game this season. But the offense has been bad. Some of it might be the personnel, but Hop isn’t running anything to give guys like McDaniels a chance to succeed. The offense is either throw it into Stewart or just pass it around the perimeter until someone shoots or drives.
Correct! And when you have a player drawing double and triple teams getting other players involved should be easy because my definition they are NOT being guarded.

orangehomer
All American

JoinedAug 19, 2011Messages4,017Like4,119
23 minutes ago
  • New

• Add bookmark
um I don't want to sound like a jerk and I enjoyed the win, but we had an 8 point lead with 3:48 and the coaching was a total fiasco from then on. VT had a possession to win it, and a guy took a terrible shot and we hung on. the coaching was garbage for the last 4 minutes.

————————————
LOL , you mean like the post you just made about 20 minutes ago that I copied above? So are you an ‘ internet stooge’ , just minus the likes?
huh?

But that’s not how it works in the room when they decide who’s in and who’s not.
I'm pretty sure I said nothing about how teams are chosen for the NCAAT. Someone said "awful loss", and with proviso, I agreed.
1579443606110.gif

The person you were responding to talked it being a tournament killer. That’s what I thought you referencing.
Washington doesn’t have a good chance at an at-large bid.
Their conference isn’t strong and the best team in their conference is who they lost to at home and they don’t play them again in the regular season.
I don’t think they will finish with under 9 regular season losses.
They have a golden win against Baylor but they have bad losses as well.
Washington is 2-4 with 12 games to go anything worse than 12-6 in Pac-12 play means win the conference tournament.

orangehomer
All American

JoinedAug 19, 2011Messages4,017Like4,119
23 minutes ago
  • New

• Add bookmark
um I don't want to sound like a jerk and I enjoyed the win, but we had an 8 point lead with 3:48 and the coaching was a total fiasco from then on. VT had a possession to win it, and a guy took a terrible shot and we hung on. the coaching was garbage for the last 4 minutes.

————————————
LOL , you mean like the post you just made about 20 minutes ago that I copied above? So are you an ‘ internet stooge’ , just minus the likes?

I’m sorry if my post is harsh. I really dislike when posters attack, insult another poster for just giving their opinion when the OP wasn’t disrespectful and just giving their point of view. We can agree - disagree with other’s respectful opinions but throwing insults just seem so hypocritical, arrogant and contrary to the goals of these discussion boards. Again apologize if I went too far with my point.

I’m sorry if my post is harsh. I really dislike when posters attack, insult another poster for just giving their opinion when the OP wasn’t disrespectful and just giving their point of view. We can agree - disagree with other’s respectful opinions but throwing insults just seem so hypocritical, arrogant and contrary to the goals of these discussion boards. Again apologize if I went too far with my point.

Amen!

You’re talking like they were playing against a zone defense. It’s not his fault the ball never made it to the weak side. You think he was telling his guys to force it into Stewart while tripled teamed? Cmon man. The ball never got there because their freshman point guard had no idea what was going on in the biggest minutes of his career. They didn’t move the ball. They didn’t execute. Oregon was struggling to get anything going as well. You think Altman was telling Pritchard to heave it from 30 ft? Because that’s what he did on 3-4 different possessions in the last couple mins.
Yes, the highlighted section. Most kids don't want feed the post when he is open.

Who is the coach? If the ball is not moving who's JOB is it to make sure it does? Who calls the plays? Not the kid who was RSing a couple of days ago.

The did not lose the game on the defensive end.

Yes, the highlighted section. Most kids don't want feed the post when he is open.

Who is the coach? If the ball is not moving who's JOB is it to make sure it does? Who calls the plays? Not the kid who was RSing a couple of days ago.

The did not lose the game on the defensive end.

You should watch his presser again.

UW now with more losses than us.

I can't believe McDaniels is a top 5 pick in every mock draft.

UW now with more losses than us.

I can't believe McDaniels is a top 5 pick in every mock draft.

He's oozing with potential. Very swaggy player the efficiency just isn't there right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom