Washington v #8 Oregon | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Washington v #8 Oregon

No, don't be childish. Tell me what was wrong in my post, if you can. I don't like when people are disingenuous about what I have said.

There's really no point in continuing this back and forth. No offense, but you're making little sense to me.

You've been asked simple questions in this thread (e.g. other than Stewart, who else on the UW roster would start for SU?; who would win in a one-off between SU and UW), and instead of simply answering the question, you provide lengthy non-answers.

As for being disingenuous, spare me.

"it's obvious to a thinking person that you are projecting"

"The lack of logic being displayed at times on this board has me confused at to whether I should feel compassion for someone or be amused."

"but being the guy who has UWDS (that's UW Derangement Syndrome) gave you a like, I am guessing it would be logical that it's derogatory. I suppose it made about as much sense as he's making, stating things contrary to what I've said in the very post he's replying to"

It was a bad loss for sure. I don’t think UW even ends up on the bubble, but if they are first four out, they can point to this loss as to why they didn’t get in. Wins like this can go a long way.

It is a bad look for Hop right now. That’s now three double digit leads he has blown in the last month. Offense is not where it needs to be and Hop going with some questionable lineups.

It was a bad loss for sure. I don’t think UW even ends up on the bubble, but if they are first four out, they can point to this loss as to why they didn’t get in. Wins like this can go a long way.

It is a bad look for Hop right now. That’s now three double digit leads he has blown in the last month. Offense is not where it needs to be and Hop going with some questionable lineups.
The funny thing is I thought Hop would be a better offensive coach than defensive, but the opposite is true.

Well, you're not a mod. And it's an internet board. People will disagree. Settle down. No one was "dishonest" here.

Yes, people will disagree, which is what exactly what I did. And I am relatively calm and settled, if I were talking my voice would not be raised and would be explaining this very slowly to try to help.

And yes, samspann1 said things more than once that I clearly explained were not the case, literally in the post he was replying to...not hours ago, so there is no excuse. So technically(or in any sense), what you just wrote was dishonest, as a simple matter of fact(I'm not judging). If a word like inaccurate is more appealing, I suppose I can use that.

I'm all for discussion if it is not disingenuous. I kind of wish Bees had answered the question of mine that illustrated the logic he was trying to set me up with after I put a lot of effort into replying to his posts, but apparently he realized it wasn't in his best interest to so do. But at least he didn't put words in my mouth, so I find his retreat honorable.

Sounds like an issue that a team without their starting point guard would have. Hop can’t put the ball in the hoop. Guys need to step up and make a play. McDaniels was non existent out there. Hop made the right adjustments. He overloaded the weak side and isolated Stewart on the block. Stewart was getting doubled/tripled so that weak side was wide open. Need to execute and that’s tough without your veteran point guard.

Yes, people will disagree, which is what exactly what I did. And I am relatively calm and settled, if I were talking my voice would not be raised and would be explaining this very slowly to try to help.

And yes, samspann1 said things more than once that I clearly explained were not the case, literally in the post he was replying to...not hours ago, so there is no excuse. So technically(or in any sense), what you just wrote was dishonest, as a simple matter of fact(I'm not judging). If a word like inaccurate is more appealing, I suppose I can use that.

I'm all for discussion if it is not disingenuous. I kind of wish Bees had answered the question of mine that illustrated the logic he was trying to set me up with after I put a lot of effort into replying to his posts, but apparently he realized it wasn't in his best interest to so do. But at least he didn't put words in my mouth, so I find his retreat honorable.
So now I'm dishonest also. Got it.

Sounds like an issue that a team without their starting point guard would have. Hop can’t put the ball in the hoop. Guys need to step up and make a play. McDaniels was non existent out there. Hop made the right adjustments. He overloaded the weak side and isolated Stewart on the block. Stewart was getting doubled/tripled so that weak side was wide open. Need to execute and that’s tough without your veteran point guard.
No. He did not make the right adjustments. He needed to call plays where Stewart is a decoy and a player from the weak side is flashed to the foul-line area or the lob along the baseline.

Feeding the post against 3 people is not a winning strategy.

No. He did not make the right adjustments. He needed to call plays where Stewart is a decoy and a player from the weak side is flashed to the foul-line area or the lob along the baseline.

Feeding the post against 3 people is not a winning strategy.

Dude that’s exactly what he did. It’s not his fault that no one wanted the ball. The weakside was wide open the last 5 mins.

Dude that’s exactly what he did. It’s not his fault that no one wanted the ball. The weakside was wide open the last 5 mins.
No ball never went to the weak side, and nobody flashed, no lobs were thrown....

The funny thing is I thought Hop would be a better offensive coach than defensive, but the opposite is true.
Well, he did basically copy the very same Zone Defense that has made JB an all-time great...

Well, he did basically copy the very same Zone Defense that has made JB an all-time great...
I have always considered JB a better offensive coach than defensive, he developed the zone we play today relatively late in his career.

I have always considered JB a better offensive coach than defensive, he developed the zone we play today relatively late in his career.
he's pretty good on both sides of the ball... though sometimes one might forget that after reading some of the posts on this site

If people want to defend Washington now they aren’t Syracuse fans they are Washington fans.
Which is any person’s right but Washington deserves to get hammered for how they blew this game.
This was like the 2008 Pitt game at the Dome where we blew that game at home and killed our tournament chances.
Hop is a still a good coach and should be our first choice whenever JB retires.
Hop has not done a good job with this team. I like Hop and want him to be successful and he is a good coach but he has done a terrible job making in game adjustments on offense. he could do countless things like run high low with Stewart up top to get McDaniels down low with someone he is much taller than and closer to the hoop. That is just one example off the top of my head. It's like they have a game plan with no back up and just keep running stuff that isn't working. Feed Stewart feed Stewart over and over and when he can't finish over 2-3 people your offense is basically iso naz or Jaden with the shot clock running down. With quade they could at least get out in transition a little more and I think they should try that more even with inexperienced at the pg

No ball never went to the weak side, and nobody flashed, no lobs were thrown...

You’re talking like they were playing against a zone defense. It’s not his fault the ball never made it to the weak side. You think he was telling his guys to force it into Stewart while tripled teamed? Cmon man. The ball never got there because their freshman point guard had no idea what was going on in the biggest minutes of his career. They didn’t move the ball. They didn’t execute. Oregon was struggling to get anything going as well. You think Altman was telling Pritchard to heave it from 30 ft? Because that’s what he did on 3-4 different possessions in the last couple mins.

If I didn't answer it how you wanted it, it means I did not find it relevant to your bluster about being certain Cuse would beat UW. It's not a game of chess or trading baseball cards, that is not how basketball or team sports in general work. It's been proven year after year on here that message board bluster does not win national titles, nor even make you a blue blood(remember those days? lol).

And you didn't answer my reply to your question about how many of the Navy starters would have started on our team. There are probably better examples, but I don't tend to put a lot of effort into remembering things as unimportant as the majority of sporting events.

If you want to believe SU would beat UW 100 times out of 100, there is nothing I can write that would change your mind.

lol. I asked a simple question. Who on uw starts for SU. Pretty simple. You replied about 3 times but never answered the question. Just spinning in circles. Why reply to that post if you’re not going to answer.

1. Some of the "message board bluster" on this very forum was that UW was a FF candidate.

2. Who here said that "SU would beat UW 100 times out of 100"?

nobody said it. He’s just blabbering.

I already answered in more detail, but for those looking for something short: It's completely irrelevant to the question at hand. I'd be willing to bet cash if I still watched enough college basketball I could find a clear example that would sink that logic quickly.

can you show me the post where you already answered? I must have missed it.

How so? How in a season where most people think making it to the tournament is impossible can someone be so confident we beat any decent team, let alone one that has Stewart, Hop, and took the #8 team in the country to OT today?

If you remember within a sentence of mentioning the "usually right", I said it's because I make very few predictions. The ones I make, I've put thought into.

I'm still waiting for the fella who started the whole thing to reply to me, so please wait to reply until he does. I'm not going to indulge you further until that happens. If people want to just keep putting me on the spot with irrelevant nonsense and not reply to anything I ask, I think I prove my point and win be default. ;)

All you’re doing is playing games. Two questions have been asked of you and you’ve made 99 posts, each with multiple paragraphs and not answered a thing.

Yeah that sucks for Washington.
If you gave us Stewart we are a top 25 team.
If you gave Washington Buddy or Hughes they would be top 25.
Basically, if Hop stayed at SU, the guys from NY go to Cuse and we got a dynasty in the making

Yep. Going in, if you said UDub lost by 3 to #8, I'd say, "good effort". Losing after leading by 15 with 10 to go (to anyone), bad loss. Hop or not. View attachment 175493
But that’s not how it works in the room when they decide who’s in and who’s not.

I love it when some internet stooge says a bunch of crap about coaching. and people like it.

orangehomer
All American

JoinedAug 19, 2011Messages4,017Like4,119
23 minutes ago
  • New

• Add bookmark
um I don't want to sound like a jerk and I enjoyed the win, but we had an 8 point lead with 3:48 and the coaching was a total fiasco from then on. VT had a possession to win it, and a guy took a terrible shot and we hung on. the coaching was garbage for the last 4 minutes.

————————————
LOL , you mean like the post you just made about 20 minutes ago that I copied above? So are you an ‘ internet stooge’ , just minus the likes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom