Watching UCOnn, I can see why many | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Watching UCOnn, I can see why many

Hurley gets in confrontations with opposing players in the middle of games, gets into it with fans in the middle of and after games, and has been publicly admonished by the Big East for his out of control sideline behavior towards referees.

Then there’s stuff like this:
Ex-UConn strength coach Sal Alosi: Dan Hurley asked me to break COVID rules

Hey, if you go for all that kind of crap then just say that. That’s you. But don’t act like his reputation is based on nothing.
And JB...

Yet SU couldn’t sniff those “over valued” titles.

Why, in your opinion, is Hurley a “really hard human to root for” ?

Would you trade having Hurley for your coach for 10-15 years of great recruiting, top 20 teams, and NCAA runs? That’s what UCOnn has coming (unless he goes to a place like Kentucky).

I would not trade Red for that dirtbag. If you think Hurley has redeeming qualities, then so be it. I do not.

If anything this Tourney has taught us, it’s how far we were from actually competing for a title. The style we played had no chance against these numerous teams that have athletes everywhere, have numerous guys that can create and score, physical rebounders, etc.

We still probably aren’t close and I hope Red does more about improving in those facets ASAP. It seems he sees the light, just have to make it happen now.

If anything this Tourney has taught us, it’s how far we were from actually competing for a title. The style we played had no chance against these numerous teams that have athletes everywhere, have numerous guys that can create and score, physical rebounders, etc.

We still probably aren’t close and I hope Red does more about improving in those facets ASAP. It seems he sees the light, just have to make it happen now.
There’s a significant correlation between our athleticism (or lack thereof) and our most recent down cycle. We need a major upgrade in athletic talent and I’m sure Red will fix it.

I for one welcome our new Nutmeg State overlords.
the simpsons laughing GIF

We are all just water, God is dead, etc.

Last edited:

Bingo.

The zone specifically was something that could flummox a couple teams, thus those 2 surprising sweet 16 appearance based on getting 2 wins.

But it wasn’t going to get us 6 wins anymore. That’s not even mentioning how dysfunctional our O has been for years.

Same, because he’ll do it with class.

I wouldn’t be a fan of the program if Hurley was coach.
LOL because JB was "class" ,

Throwing college kids under the bus repeatedly is 'classy'

LOL because JB was "class" ,

Throwing college kids under the bus repeatedly is 'classy'
Moreso than Hurley.

Red will be moreso than both.

If I hadn’t been a Syracuse fan since I was 6 and was just getting into college hoop in the last decade, I probably wouldn’t be much of a Syracuse fan.

Don't listen to Pardon My Take today if you hate UConn. Furious I did...because Hurley came off super likeable and funny.

Don't listen to Pardon My Take today if you hate UConn. Furious I did...because Hurley came off super likeable and funny.

I heard Hurley do an interview with Adam Schein last week. I’ll just say I was surprised.

I heard Hurley do an interview with Adam Schein last week. I’ll just say I was surprised.

His halftime interview yesterday, I forget which game- was very reserved and professional. You can still see him go crazy at times on the sidelines and he had his own little Musselman like moment post game but overall he has dialed it back. Kellogg or Kenny asked him about growing as a coach and he spoke to how his "energy" impacts his team and he had to work on it. Sounds like he got read the riot act and is trying hard to tone it down. You rarely see whackjobs like him hold it in. If they lose to Miami, I expect the maniac returns...

They made a bowl game??!! We beat them by 40 and it didn’t even feel like we played well? Awful team.

Also, college baseball doesn’t really matter.

They made a bowl game??!! We beat them by 40 and it didn’t even feel like we played well? Awful team.

They beat everyone from the sisters of the poor league since they are Indy.

The Hunter becomes the hunted next year. Let’s see how Hurley handles the pressure.

They will take a big step back next year. Hard not to with losing Hawkins and Sanogo plus Jackson likely too

It’s easy to make a bowl game. Has been for 20 yrs. It doesn’t mean you’re a good team and It doesn’t matter what league you play in , but 6 wins plus gets you a bowl. Even in the mid 90s, 7-4 didn’t qualify you for a bowl. It’s not exactly an accomplishment anymore.

It’s easy to make a bowl game. Has been for 20 yrs. It doesn’t mean you’re a good team and It doesn’t matter what league you play in , but 6 wins plus gets you a bowl. Even in the mid 90s, 7-4 didn’t qualify you for a bowl. It’s not exactly an accomplishment anymore.
Easy when you play in a horse crap league like UConn.

We had a year where we beat Clemson and took LSU, FSU, and Miami to the wire and couldn’t go bowling.

UConn gets hammered by 40-50 against the big boys and beats 6 nobody’s and they’re in. Smh. What a system. 4-5 wins in a real league should get picked before 6 wins in that league.

Easy when you play in a horse crap league like UConn.

We had a year where we beat Clemson and took LSU, FSU, and Miami to the wire and couldn’t go bowling.

UConn gets hammered by 40-50 against the big boys and beats 6 nobody’s and they’re in. Smh. What a system. 4-5 wins in a real league should get picked before 6 wins in that league.
It's even worse than that-- they aren't even in a league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom