water polo | Syracusefan.com

water polo

stuckinbig11

All American
never watched it much. it is like a basketball game in extreme slow motion.

It just seems like handball in water to me

Brutal stuff when they show the underwater cameras. Reminds me of a Polar Bear attacking a Walrus or something else you'd see on Discovery channel.

It looks like misery to play. I don't understand the rules at all. There seems to be no penalty at all for attacking a guy and trying to drown him. They just blow a whistle, give the ball back to the guy who was being mugged and go. Saw one or two plays that looked pretty to score a goal, but most of it is toss the ball into a scrum of of a$$holes and elbows and see what happens. JB has clearly been watching this sport on ESPN7 since this has been SU's strategy for feeding the post of the past 5 or 6 seasons.

It looks like misery to play. I don't understand the rules at all. There seems to be no penalty at all for attacking a guy and trying to drown him. They just blow a whistle, give the ball back to the guy who was being mugged and go. Saw one or two plays that looked pretty to score a goal, but most of it is toss the ball into a scrum of of a$$holes and elbows and see what happens. JB has clearly been watching this sport on ESPN7 since this has been SU's strategy for feeding the post of the past 5 or 6 seasons.

There's a penatly box kind of like hockey. Major fouls and a team plays a man down for 20 seconds. If one player gets 3 major fouls they cannot return to the game. I don't really understand the game but I've enjoyed watching it.

I saw that penalty box and stuff, but I could never tell what the guys did to get put in there. If you just concentrate on two guys off the ball during a play, there is literally felony assault happening at all times with no calls. I saw guys get sent out, but never saw what transgressions got them booted.

Anecdote on Water Polo players and how strong they are. As some here know, my son swims at Hartwick. They were 18th in the country in D3 this year. He also does some club Water Polo after the season. They will sometimes scrimmage the girls' Water Polo team, which was top 20 in D1 this year. I suggested to him that the girls must be grateful to scrimmage against stronger players. He laughed and said the girls kicked their butts in the water. These are young men in their 20s who swim miles 5 days a week.

Haha. We don't try to feed the post!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom