Waters Blog Post Outing CTO | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Waters Blog Post Outing CTO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one of several that were critical of CTO and her comments but it's very unfortunate that it got the press it did. It should have stayed in-house. I thought her apology with Waters struck the right note and honestly wish that would have been her initial apology instead of the double down. I believe it would have quickly defused the issue. In any event I wish her well.

I was one of several that were critical of CTO and her comments but it's very unfortunate that it got the press it did. It should have stayed in-house. I thought her apology with Waters struck the right note and honestly wish that would have been her initial apology instead of the double down. I believe it would have quickly defused the issue. In any event I wish her well.
The thread was on a public message board that anyone on the planet could see. It was unlikely to remain in-house.

I didn't agree with CTO' s comments, but without her contributions we probably don't even have the current board. I hope she comes back and posts because she's a valued member here. As far as Dominic Wood goes good riddance. Use the site to talk Cuse sports, not for your own personal gain. At least that's how I view it.

Since the day I found this site, many moons ago, it's always been like, idk, a safe haven. A place that no matter how in real life was going, I always had my cusefan.com family to shoot the with. When my dog was sick, I came here, and we correctly diagnosed him. Whenever I need a new phone, you guys help me pick a good one. We've kept peoples family, their kids, in our thoughts in prayers when we've found out their sick. We've mourned the loss of posters together. I've shared my name, location, pictures, with everyone here. Because that's the type of group we were.. A close one. A family. That all changed this weekend.

An old Army Sgt of mine always used to preach "Family polices family". All the posts after the first post in question, the outrage.. is something that I totally expect on this board. And that's OK.

Taking screenshots, and sending them to freaking deadspin, attaching someones real name to their screen name, to people outside of the family.. Ridiculous.

You caught your Aunt smoking a joint in the back yard, and instead of joining the rest of the family in scolding her, you brought the police to the house.

I'll still pop around, because I get pretty bored.. But damn... this place.
Well said

I didn't agree with CTO' s comments, but without her contributions we probably don't even have the current board. I hope she comes back and posts because she's a valued member here. As far as Dominic Wood goes good riddance. Use the site to talk Cuse sports, not for your own personal gain. At least that's how I view it.
That is not the guy's real name. It is the SB Nation name. He did use her comments for personal gain. He wanted a pound of flesh for somebody he had no right to demand a piece of flesh from.

The thread was on a public message board that anyone on the planet could see. It was unlikely to remain in-house.
Correct but the poster poured gasoline on the fire. No need to do that. He wanted her to suffer for something he had no right to pursue.

While the comments were not polite you don't go out of your way to make some suffer. Deadspin harassed her F the poster for causing that.

I think we should make note that even though she may not come back for some time, CTO is always welcomed back here with open arms.

I hope that is not the case, she is a good poster, brings a lot to the table.

Hasn't it already been confirmed that somebody ran to deadspin to bring it to their attention?

Correct but the poster poured gasoline on the fire. No need to do that. He wanted her to suffer for something he had no right to pursue.

While the comments were not polite you don't go out of your way to make some suffer. Deadspin harassed her F the poster for causing that.
I guess my point is that if it wasn't him doing it, it eventually would have been someone else and some other website picking up on it.

Hasn't it already been confirmed that somebody ran to deadspin to bring it to their attention?
I don't know for sure, but see my response to Alsacs above.

I guess my point is that if it wasn't him doing it, it eventually would have been someone else and some other website picking up on it.
I highly doubt it. The post had been edited and nobody outside of Syracuse.com would think to check little ole Syrfan.com for a thread on Fab Melo.

The poster who sent the stuff to Deadspin had his IP blocked. So I am impressed how quickly our admins figured out the party who did it.

I highly doubt it. The post had been edited and nobody outside of Syracuse.com would think to check little ole Syrfan.com for a thread on Fab Melo.

The poster who sent the stuff to Deadspin had his IP blocked. So I am impressed how quickly our admins figured out the party who did it.
I think a lot of non-SU basketball fans probably came to this site after hearing of Fab's passing.

Maybe, maybe not. Hard to know. In any event, it took a syracusefan.com poster to report that to deadspin. I bet the # of people that became familiar with the story on deadspin or syracuse.com absolutely dwarfs those who saw it on syracusefan.com.

I really dislike that John Cassillo guy's opinions over on Nunes Magician. He is very obnoxious in the comments sections.
His comments have caused me unfollow TNIAAM on twitter and I wouldn't give them anymore traffic.
That guy is in charge? After Keeley.

Thank you for recognizing my effort. I could have said a whole lot more that night, and I could now. Anyone who knows CTO may understand some of the emotions that were behind that statement. It was rash, and played on some emotions and loyalty she has to the program and members of the program, and her love of the program. But I figured the best thing to do was not to try to explain it or where it came from, but I just simply tried to get the conversation back to Fab, and to say enough piling on CTO as she probably will come to regret her statement, which she did. Piling on accomplished nothing. It was stupid, and as many pointed out a mob mentality. Plus it was more of a slap to the memory of Fab as we should have been talking about that. I just was not able to stop it. I should probably have contacted one of the admins who would have come on and handled it with removing posts, and I almost did that.

I do have the HONOR of knowing CTO. And she BETTER be back here soon. And if, and when she does come back, everyone better lay off of this. There is no one who loves this team and Syracuse more than she does. If you do not know this, than you will just have to TRUST us who do know it.

So please, be back very, very soon.

I hear you. And I was coming from a different perspective. I don't know CTO. It's just 3 letters on a screen to me. I disagreed greatly with CTO's post. Once the first, oh I don't know...5 people said something expressing an issue? Then it's time to move on. No reason for everyone to come running in saying the same thing, or using it as their own chance to act even worse by tossing the insults around. People went out of their way to go nuts and turn the thread into a mess.

I had no emotion in it, I just thought the RIP Fab Melo thread should be about "RIP Fab Melo" and everything else was off track and inappropriate. I was hoping anything not expressing that sentiment should just be deleted, so things could get back on track.

Doesn't really bother me to be honest. If you're in a position of power, be careful what you post on social media. Really, be careful regardless, but you have more to lose if you're in a position of power and post something regrettable.

Her position as a trustee is what gave her posts -- and backlash -- significance. Who cares what a schmuck like me posts. This is a university rep reacting, not too sensitively, to the death of a 26-year-old former SU athlete. That made it news once it got out.

Her position as a trustee is what gave her posts -- and backlash -- significance. Who cares what a schmuck like me posts. This is a university rep reacting, not too sensitively, to the death of a 26-year-old former SU athlete. That made it news once it got out.

I do big fella. I do.

Seriously though. Time to shut this down, or there will be a Deadspin article about this thread.

Unless temery is going to pm me the name of the person, just so I know. Because I really want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom