Waters | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Waters

And if I am not mistaken, wasn't there a 35ft, no time on the shot clock left, bank and *swish* in this game?. Seems like every remarkable loss there is a s h * t shot from 3 that goes in.
Its like the Pink Teddy Bear on Breaking Bad. When it showed up, death followed.

I remember it being a shot-clock buzzer beating 3 that bounced around off the rim and backboard and somehow dropped in.

LOL, at the Breaking Bad bear. UMass had a lucky late 3 against us in the 92 tournament too.

The Wes Johnson team was really good, but I thought they were flawed. Would they have gotten to the Final Four with a healthy AO? Maybe, but that Butler team had some magic, with that two year run to the Championship games. I thought that the Fab Melo team was the stronger of the #1 seeds. I know it's coulda-woulda-shoulda, but there is no way that Sullinger bulls his way to the hoop with Fab around.
And remember the main criticism of that Wes team - Cuse had no go to guy, we had four guys who thought they could win the game (Scoop, Rautins, Wes, KJo), which ended up being a problem. If that was 03 or 96, Carmelo/John Wallace would have gotten the ball on the block or the wing those last four mins and would have gotten fouled or scored.

Waters staying true to form…

"I finally decided to slot the 1989 team in at No. 4. Yes, the 1989 team might've had more talent than any other SU squad, but that's because the game has changed. If the 1989 team were around today, Derrick Coleman would have been in the NBA. If it was 2003 and the NBA still allowed high school kids to enter the draft, it's likely that Billy Owens never would've stepped on the Syracuse campus."

Guess what, Mike? None of that has anything to do with how good the team was. Those players were members of the team. They played a full season. You're allegedly assessing how good they were, not speculating which of them wouldn't have played in another world.

Waters staying true to form…

"I finally decided to slot the 1989 team in at No. 4. Yes, the 1989 team might've had more talent than any other SU squad, but that's because the game has changed. If the 1989 team were around today, Derrick Coleman would have been in the NBA. If it was 2003 and the NBA still allowed high school kids to enter the draft, it's likely that Billy Owens never would've stepped on the Syracuse campus."

Guess what, Mike? None of that has anything to do with how good the team was. Those players were members of the team. They played a full season. You're allegedly assessing how good they were, not speculating which of them wouldn't have played in another world.

Yeah, he's lost me. Good idea, shaky execution.

bryanradams said:
The Wes Johnson team was really good, but I thought they were flawed. Would they have gotten to the Final Four with a healthy AO? Maybe, but that Butler team had some magic, with that two year run to the Championship games. I thought that the Fab Melo team was the stronger of the #1 seeds. I know it's coulda-woulda-shoulda, but there is no way that Sullinger bulls his way to the hoop with Fab around. And remember the main criticism of that Wes team - Cuse had no go to guy, we had four guys who thought they could win the game (Scoop, Rautins, Wes, KJo), which ended up being a problem. If that was 03 or 96, Carmelo/John Wallace would have gotten the ball on the block or the wing those last four mins and would have gotten fouled or scored.

Great post, agree 100%.

That Fab team was just dominate and had everything a basketball team needs. Great D, lots of scoring options, unselfish, and a great bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom