Wayne Morgan | Syracusefan.com

Wayne Morgan

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
says hes not ready to make a decision and will take it real slow according to the article up over there across the street if you know what i mean ;)

Winning and losing seasons certainly affect recruiting. He is probably going to the pinstripe bowl to watch RU before he makes his decision. Lets hope RU lays an egg...

Does not look too great to me... HOPEFUL that he wanted to commit and Marrone told him to take all his visits then make a decision. We will see what happens. A lot of time left.

Does not look too great to me... HOPEFUL that he wanted to commit and Marrone told him to take all his visits then make a decision. We will see what happens. A lot of time left.
I don't know. Seems he would be one that you take as soon as he wants to pull the trigger.

Not a great sign IMHO

I don't believe it's a bad sign at all because we were his first official visit. Nothing wrong with the kid wanting to take some visits and certainly that's more common than not.

Since the going rumor is that EVERYBODY has backed off I'm particularly curious to where he does visit. Especially to see if he visits buttgers because they're pretty certain we're the only school recruiting him at this point.

I don't believe it's a bad sign at all because we were his first official visit. Nothing wrong with the kid wanting to take some visits and certainly that's more common than not.

Since the going rumor is that EVERYBODY has backed off I'm particularly curious to where he does visit. Especially to see if he visits buttgers because they're pretty certain we're the only school recruiting him at this point.
You think he's hoping somebody comes in late to fill out their class?

Recruiting is so puzzling. I could understand not wanting to go to SU when compared to schools like ND, Michigan, and whomever when looking at things from a fan-base, stadium, and facilities perspective. But how the hell could you look at Rutgers or UConn knowing that you'll essentially be playing D2 football. I mean, if you want to play at a really low level then I guess it makes sense but you could do that at SU too :p

Recruiting is so puzzling. I could understand not wanting to go to SU when compared to schools like ND, Michigan, and whomever when looking at things from a fan-base, stadium, and facilities perspective. But how the hell could you look at Rutgers or UConn knowing that you'll essentially be playing D2 football. I mean, if you want to play at a really low level then I guess it makes sense but you could do that at SU too :p
The thing is we aren't there yet. And who knows what coaches from other teams are telling these guys. As we all know, Rutgers has a standing invite to the B1G and Schiano has given them a "Silent Verbal".

Im not as confident as others are in regards to our chances with him. Never had a good feeling about him

Am I on the only one who isn't that excited about WM?

Seems like a nice little get, but I haven't anything of his film and what I've seen of him on TV to make me think he's worth losing any sleep about. And with all the others backing off, color me meh.

From all that we hear RU is not involved with Morgan anymore. Everything points to Cuse.

Seems like a nice little get, but I haven't anything of his film and what I've seen of him on TV to make me think he's worth losing any sleep about. And with all the others backing off, color me meh.

The least this will do is give our recruiting rankings a boost, and increase our rep in NYC. The best is will do is those 2 things, plus Morgan turning into a star. Win-win situation.

Not a great sign IMHO

100% agree. SU is one of maybe two or three BCS teams still recruiting Wayne. Rutgers is not recruiting him any longer. UConn doesn't know if they want him or not. This situation smells like Wayne waiting for something bigger and better...

100% agree. SU is one of maybe two or three BCS teams still recruiting Wayne. Rutgers is not recruiting him any longer. UConn doesn't know if they want him or not. This situation smells like Wayne waiting for something bigger and better...

So now our hottest recruit is a kid that big east schools are no longer recruiting, sounds like a real game changer, no program changer...these NYC kids all need 2 years once they get to Syracuse IMO.. Just not enough exposure to the game down there.. Ishaq didn't do much this year at nd.

Guys like kobena, Rene, reddish,shouldn't be playing yet, imo.

Morgan may have been way overhyped or has grade or character issues, but something isn't right here

So now our hottest recruit is a kid that big east schools are no longer recruiting, sounds like a real game changer, no program changer...these NYC kids all need 2 years once they get to Syracuse IMO.. Just not enough exposure to the game down there.. Ishaq didn't do much this year at nd.

Guys like kobena, Rene, reddish,shouldn't be playing yet, imo.

Morgan may have been way overhyped or has grade or character issues, but something isn't right here

IB, you hit the nail on the head with the statement I made bold. IMO, Wayne Morgan can play at Syracuse. He will be a two or three year starter. However, the reason he got blown up in the recruiting process is because of a camp he attended at USC as a freshman. He won some freshman of the camp-type award and blew up from there. However, as teams have began to request game film, concerns arise.

What people must realize is that NYC football players are very rarely ready to contribute at a d-1 level right away. The quality of competition is B.A.D. bad. This tends to be the reason why I don't necessarily agree with HCDM's vision of getting all the NYC kids. Most of those kids are not good enough for a BCS level team.

Guys like Kobena and Morgan are the epitome of what NYC skill players are: Freak athletes, but not necessarily football players...yet.

I here ya, but have to disagree. Right now its about getting explosive athletes, so you gotta do everything within the rules to land this kid. Two or three years from now, I think he might be one of our lower recruits and I would probably look at him through your current view. Not in terms of ranking, but due to the fact he is extremely raw, may not have a definite position, and throw in the fact he is a NYC kid and will need time to grow mentally and physically before challenging the more experienced depth that we have improved.

wonder if he ends up like a Donta Herrod -- kid that had a lot of hype early in the process, committed and seemed to lose a lot of steam, then never saw the playing field type as it became obvious he was a bit overhyped in terms of athleticism.

wonder if he ends up like a Donta Herrod -- kid that had a lot of hype early in the process, committed and seemed to lose a lot of steam, then never saw the playing field type as it became obvious he was a bit overhyped in terms of athleticism.

Then we had someone who came in as a three star who didn't pan out. Happens all the time. Doesn't mean we can't take the risk on a kid like that.

IB, you hit the nail on the head with the statement I made bold. IMO, Wayne Morgan can play at Syracuse. He will be a two or three year starter. However, the reason he got blown up in the recruiting process is because of a camp he attended at USC as a freshman. He won some freshman of the camp-type award and blew up from there. However, as teams have began to request game film, concerns arise.

What people must realize is that NYC football players are very rarely ready to contribute at a d-1 level right away. The quality of competition is B.A.D. bad. This tends to be the reason why I don't necessarily agree with HCDM's vision of getting all the NYC kids. Most of those kids are not good enough for a BCS level team.

Guys like Kobena and Morgan are the epitome of what NYC skill players are: Freak athletes, but not necessarily football players...yet.

Sounds like these are type of players we bring in to redshirt and see what happens. Reddish, Rene, and Kobena didn't redshirt... I don't see Rene making much impact even if he stays for 5th year. Not sure about Reddish, but he certainly didn't look like he was ready this year and burned year of eligibility IMO.

as long as hes over 230 lbs we need him if not oh well we have enough safety's
running around as lb's. Speed does not help if your on your carcass the whole game
i think M Davis is going to be a beast for us

Then we had someone who came in as a three star who didn't pan out. Happens all the time. Doesn't mean we can't take the risk on a kid like that.

Just idle speculation on my part. I have no idea.

Sounds like these are type of players we bring in to redshirt and see what happens. Reddish, Rene, and Kobena didn't redshirt... I don't see Rene making much impact even if he stays for 5th year. Not sure about Reddish, but he certainly didn't look like he was ready this year and burned year of eligibility IMO.
Kobena spent a year at Milford. He's a different situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom