We absolutely suck | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We absolutely suck

tptgeek said:
So I guess you might as well not watch.

You think we're going somewhere? Get a grip.

SUbear said:
This team has no offense if one on one shots are not falling. No structured offense. We are not good at shooting the ball, law of averages has caught up to this team. Saying that, we still could make a NCAA tourney run with a little luck. NCAA tourney seed will be lower than we had hoped and probably not in the East region. It is what it is. Go Orange.

No structured offense. You got it right there.

in the past month, we've lost to BC, GT and NC State, and were lucky to beat Pitt and NC State.

Earlier in the season, we barely beat St. Francis (who?) and were down at the half to a team that is something like 2-26.

We have very little margin for error, clearly. Maybe we're just regressing to the mean.

It took a banked three, criminal referees, and a lifetime performance from their geek center to beat us.

We are fine, and now we get to rest.
Yes, we are fine... :bat::rolling::bang::rolleyes::blah::crazy:

Oh...:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:couchburn:confused::confused::mad::(Oh Lord

Would have been a long 2 since he was inside the line. Ennis wasn't.

He was outside the line. He was outside the line. Please watch the replay.

The refs blew a few calls, including a blatant out of bounds off NC State, but we did not lose because of the zebras.

I get that they blew some, but like you said we didn't lose because of them. There are about 10 other things that could be listed ahead of them.

Horrific last sequence. We don't deserve better than a 4 seed. One of the worst end of season collapses in SU history.

Undeniably and epically true. 2-7, staring 3-8 square in the face. This is terrible. In our typical swoon we usually manage to at least get it around .500 by this time. This team was lost a long time ago and never found.

Ennis kicked off that last sequence with a horrible, meaningless off balance 2. From there, Cooney airballed it twice and Ennis once. Cooney should have kept dribbling and passed to the wide open AA for that last shot. 3 airballs. And let's not forget Grant's dagger dunk attempt. Whatever happened to getting the bucket being the priority over how hard you can dunk?

I can't remember the last time Grant made a dunk like that. @BC?

Did CJ set a record for the most attempts at saving a ball out of bounds while having one foot of bounds tonight?

Pretty impressive stuff!!

I dunno I feel like we're pretty good at everything except shooting the basketball. Granted that's an important skill I've been told.

Syracuses best bet is to get a 4 seed and get thrown out west against Arizona... Honestly, I ain't picking Syracuse to win a game..hoping it reverse jinxes and the cuse make a little run to the sweet 16... Sweet 16 and it's gravy... Hard to see it happening tho with the way this team is defending and shooting... Defending is literally horrid when keita is in... XMAS needs to stay out of foul trouble and if he is, put grant at the 5... And as for cooney, can someone tell him that it is legal to drive to the hoop and create for others and for your self. They are all over him, there is no way he can't make a move and make some dribble penetration. He is syracuses shooting guard and shoots like three times a game for 35 minutes...

Pick and roll is one of the killers. Really surprised to see now CJ fair ball screens where he screens for ennis. That is just so much more hard to guard when the roller is an actual threat... This team is just in a shaky shaky potato state...

worst shooting syracuse team that i can ever remember. We do not have one pure shooter or scorer for that matter on this team. not a single guy on the team who is go to scorer. That is our problem

To most of you here:

Don't let the ledge hit you in the ass on the way down.

Honestly, this is just a stupid thought. You must be the last holdout in the deputy-admin perspective crowd. So, by your logic, we should have 'perspective'? We should maintain a placid emotional demeanor? JB has 900 and it is all going to be OK in the end, you'll see? Is this what you are saying?

We are bad posters for being furious with this team's swoon?

Bad post. From 25-0 to this. Not venting about it is your prerogative. Not ours. Vent about all of us all you want.

It was fair to make "have perspective" a foundation of one's argument when we were 25-0 with 2 What wins. Then, it was fair to discount the clear evidence that we really were not playing well. It was even fair to do this after a loss or two. It was becoming increasingly stupid to do that, but it was fair. I too was holding out hope to be proving wrong. I kept waiting for us to "wake up". I hoped we would "show them all" in the ACC tournament.

We showed up with little energy on defense and little smarts on offense. NC State came out of the gate poorly as well, and we did nothing to bury them. In what has become a pattern, we played down to their level. At one point we were not even scoring a point a minute. We did nothing to adjust or change things up or raise the energy level. It was an epic fail.

I am frankly surprised anyone would even broach the perspective angle.

If you're not furious about this swoon, you don't have a pulse. IMO.

Last edited:
based on our play since the Duke win,we are not a top 25 team ! We will be lucky to win our 1st NCAA Tourney game!

based on our play since the Duke win,we are not a top 25 team ! We will be lucky to win our 1st NCAA Tourney game!

Hate to say it - but it's almost like the first Duke game was their championship, not realizing it is just one conference game. The emotion of that game seems to have taken a toll on this squad.

It took a banked three, criminal referees, and a lifetime performance from their geek center to beat us.

We are fine, and now we get to rest.

This same post has been repeated several times and will be said again after the NCAA round of 32 loss, except we will insert next year at the end. This team got our hopes up too high and is now disappointing us. The way the players are playing and the coaches are coaching, we are not going too far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom