We all said the game wouldn't count for anything | Syracusefan.com

We all said the game wouldn't count for anything

swish7

All Conference
Yet when it was 14-21 approaching halftime, hoodoo boyyyy did it ever feel like it was counting for something...

...bad

Ceerleaders please disregard this. It's not for you. We get it. You are awesome fans and our sole purpose is to cheer for the team. You're better than me & I'll name my next kid after you.

4 games, 16 quarters. How many quarters would you call DART?

We need to add 'consistent' to DART. How about just CARD? Or Cards, w the 's' for 'sorta'.

Glad we won, and sorta pulled away, but man that was messy. Hats off to Holy Cross. They played tough. They tackled well. With inferior talent. That is coaching & DART.

We need our coaches to coach these players up. Hope Fran recognizes this.

Lots of McCords passes sailed. Is he forcing things? Are he and the receivers off a bit? Cheerleaders will point 385 & I'll point to the 1-4 opponent.

Where's Gadsen? Why does he seem mopy?

Why are we going to the passing/dropsies game when the running game was working?:

It's anything goes coming up. After this game, heck, maybe even UConn could give us trouble. Lots of close games today from teams most here are calling sure losses. It's anything goes if these dudes get consistent.

We absolutely need this team firing on all cylinders, at the same time, in the same game, and soon.

Yet when it was 14-21 approaching halftime, hoodoo boyyyy did it ever feel like it was counting for something...

...bad

Ceerleaders please disregard this. It's not for you. We get it. You are awesome fans and our sole purpose is to cheer for the team. You're better than me & I'll name my next kid after you.

We need to add 'consistent' to DART. How about just CARD? Or Cards, w the 's' for 'sorta'.

Glad we won, and sorta pulled away, but man that was messy. Hats off to Holy Cross. They played tough. They tackled well. With inferior talent. That is coaching & DART.

Lots of McCords passes sailed. Is he forcing things? Are he and the receivers off a bit? Cheerleaders will point 385 & I'll point to the 1-4 opponent.

Why are we going to the passing/dropsies game when the running game was working?:

It's anything goes coming up. After this game, heck, maybe even UConn could give us trouble. Lots of close games today from teams most here are calling sure losses. It's anything goes if these dudes get consistent.

We absolutely need this team firing on all cylinders, at the same time, in the same game, and soon.
I’ve been keeping an eye on UConn, and there’s no question they “could give us trouble,” as you say.

I’m still expecting a win. But they’re a much better team than Holy Cross and I’d expect a four-quarter game.

...bad

Basically, We haven’t played a clean 4 quarters yet. If we do, we’ll beat good teams. If we continue to not do, we can lose to anyone.

Folks can continue to pump the “you are all expecting too much”. I don’t think a clean 4 quarters is that much to ask once in 4 games

Basically, We haven’t played a clean 4 quarters yet. If we do, we’ll beat good teams. If we continue to not do, we can lose to anyone.

Folks can continue to pump the “you are all expecting too much”. I don’t think a clean 4 quarters is that much to ask once in 4 games
The counterpoint to this is in recent seasons we've played our best football early in the season and never got the 4 clean quarters after that.

Maybe we're working some stuff out and the better football comes later.

The counterpoint to this is in recent seasons we've played our best football early in the season and never got the 4 clean quarters after that.

Maybe we're working some stuff out and the better football comes later.

That’s not really a counterpoint, it’s a hypothetical.

I can just as easily say we’ve seen the best we’ve played and it’ll only get worse

Defense got caught on two mistakes, but was otherwise solid. I too would like to see more pass rush though especially against Holy Cross. KJE, Watson, and Grant looked good in particular. Big play by Bellamy to put the game away.

Yes, Special Teams are very concerning. 0-3 field goals not good. Glad they at least tried someone else on the last one (and it was close).

Offense is going to make most of the games we are in fun because we'll have shots. Agree having to throw 50 times and playing starters in the 4th quarter is not where we want to be. No push on the ground game, multiple drops, and the lack of production for OG is particularly concerning. We are very lucky to have McGown if this is a "bad game".

Would love to be 4-0 especially given the home stretch, but we're 3-1 and should have a shot in all our games this year.

I’ve been keeping an eye on UConn, and there’s no question they “could give us trouble,” as you say.

I’m still expecting a win. But they’re a much better team than Holy Cross and I’d expect a four-quarter game.
Syracuse escapes GT 31-28
Louisville beats GT 31 - 19
ND beats Louisville 31-24
NIU upsets ND 16-14
Buffalo beats NIU 23-20
UConn wallops Buffalo 47-3
UConn will likely win all it's games leading up to the matchup against Syracuse, and if SU goes .500 or less, will be favored. It's anything goes. We have to get better.

They have an all world qb, but when you throw that much there will be turnovers.

Not sure they can protect McCord the whole year to stay healthy either. Idk this really screams 6-6 to me if McCord stays healthy.

McCord should never have to be playing in the 4th quater and throwing the ball 50 times to beat Holy Cross. Final score is the final score but it wasn’t a good performance by us.
Agreed. There were a few drives where we had a few good runs and then we inexplicably started passing again. Would be interesting to get that "why?" answered.

That’s not really a counterpoint, it’s a hypothetical.

I can just as easily say we’ve seen the best we’ve played and it’ll only get worse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​

...bad

I am going to take the Doug Marrone approach at this point, after the wagner game, we are building something sure there were a lot of mistakes, I however, think the referees were horrible again we could look a lot of different things. I actually think we ran the ball better today, sure it was holy cross, but we have to remember. Holy Cross is still a very competitive team, right Boston College we thought it was good, similar team to a degree and they almost beat them last year, they have played division power five teams very tough traditionally. I consider this definitely an improvement in comparison to how they played last week at Stanford. Sometimes you can make anybody happy though , and yes, I am a cheerleader and I always will be, especially when I believe in the Coach and by the way, I have not disbelieved in the last four coaches and I think this one has the best chance, alot like PP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom